yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is a both a concession by Ford that Tesla's price cuts are negatively impacting Mach-E sales and a painful admission that the Extended Range battery is a pricing hurdle they can't get over.

The value proposition for buyers are the Select models. It's just a major miss that the ER trims can't get under $55k.

Totally, I've stated early in this thread that Ford simply can't compete on price for the ER batteries. I think all the < $55k options (Select, Premium with SR) are compelling options if you don't plan to road trip a lot.

Remember that Tesla has like 0 < $55k MYLR so it's not a tax credit for you neither if you can't buy it so when I looked, the difference is really $2k-$4k if you want a non-tax credit Mach-E Premium LR. GT is way out there though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
I have a '22 MME Premium ER AWD, ordered Dec. 14, 2021, delivered Nov. 3, 2022, cost $59K w/ ER, Cyber-Orange paint ($795) and floor mats as the only upgrades. New prices seem quite similar, so perhaps just rolling back the '23 price increases is accurate.

Keep in mind that all the manufacturers are jockeying for three things: First, what works best for production. They have to produce. The niche manufacturers are not producing much yet.
Second, how to maintain cash flow as they proceed. Ford has very deep cash reserve pockets and their decision to not make ICE sedans is helping reduce costs.
Third, how to establish vehicles in respective classes, i.e. economy through luxury, so they can sell to each customer segment.

Ford is making the MME w/several options and price points to appeal to a range of customer's needs. Same with the F150 Lightning.

All that to say, the next decade or so of EV production and sales will sort out a lot of companies based on these three factors.

I still REALLY like my MME for quality, performance, features and price.
All the best.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Good for Ford. Potentially bad for me.

I just bought a Grabber Blue GT for $71K on Thursday. I've already reached out to the dealership to see what they'll do for me. We'll see.....
I'm sorry for you, it's really unlucky. :(

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
See, this is all BS, should be the same % price reduction across the board, if indeed raising the price was costs/inlfation related, that's when they did when they raised the prices from '22 to '23.
Can't say that it makes sense for a select AWD to be cheaper by ~1.3% while the top of the line is ~8.4% cheaper.
They can't afford to drop the select any further, likely barely flippin a buck on those due to overhead. They don't make these things efficiently, as silly as it sounds coming from the company that invented this type of production line process over 100 years ago...

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
It makes sense in a sense that the Select is essentially the same machine as the Premium, less the panoramic roof.
Besides the roof, it also has included Blue Cruise, upgraded sound system, heated seats & steering wheel & power lift gate.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
It makes sense in a sense that the Select is essentially the same machine as the Premium, less the panoramic roof.
Huh?

Different headlights, taillights, seats, panoramic roof as you pointed out, seat controls, B&O stereo, power folding mirrors, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

But yeah, it's all about that panoramic roof, baby! That's the ONLY difference!

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
everything you mention does not add up to extra $5K anyway.... or I should say is not worth the extra $5K.... but hey its your money not mine!, I'm getting a Select

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Uhhh absolutely. 3k isn’t enough for me to drive a car I don’t like. That’s like 1.3%.
But it's not $3k, is it? You can order a Y LR right now with delivery in "Feb-March" for $53,490 plus destination. The difference between the Y LR and the MME Prem AWD ER is $15k after tax credit.

EVandSolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV, Tesla M3, Ioniq PHEV(daughter)
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Totally, I've stated early in this thread that Ford simply can't compete on price for the ER batteries. I think all the < $55k options (Select, Premium with SR) are compelling options if you don't plan to road trip a lot.

Remember that Tesla has like 0 < $55k MYLR so it's not tax credit for you neither so when I looked, the difference is really $2k-$4k if you want a non-tax credit Mach-E Premium LR. GT is way out there though.
I don't think this is a valid argument, as Tesla is cranking out tons of <$55k MY's...they just aren't sitting on the website indefinitely. You can still custom order a <$55k MY, and inventory will pop in frequently. So someone that wants a car right away without ordering just has to camp the website and grab what they want when it pops up.

I have a feeling Tesla might have to do something to help move their >$55k MY inventory as I'm not sure they have enough buyers who don't qualify for tax credits. I'm guessing they'll just shift production focus and let current stock slowly settle down on the >$55k stuff.

So Ford most definitely is competing against <$55k 330 mile range MY's that get the full tax credit.

I predict Ford will end up dropping a LR version down below $55k, soon.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a '22 MME Premium ER AWD, ordered Dec. 14, 2021, delivered Nov. 3, 2022, cost $59K w/ ER, Cyber-Orange paint ($795) and floor mats as the only upgrades. New prices seem quite similar, so perhaps just rolling back the '23 price increases is accurate.
I’m seeing a nudge to upgrade from the 4X to the GT since the price differential now is almost negligible; $61k vs $64k.

If neither are eligible for the $7500, might as well go big.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! 1675094876169

I went back and looked at my 2021 GT order sheet and see that my Rapid Red GT with panoroof and BlueCruise was $63,500.
Sponsored