HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I was just reading Ford is going to give the difference back to 23 owners, so everyone gets the new price, even retro. GM did the same with the Bolt last summer, dropped the price but then went back to the beginning of the year to make buyers whole.
Looks like only for those who purchased a ‘23 after Dec 31.
Sponsored

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Press Release:

FORD TO SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE PRODUCTION OF MUSTANG MACH-E IN 2023, REDUCES PRICES ACROSS THE BOARD

JAN 30, 2023 | DEARBORN

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 30, 2023 – With its new EV supply chain coming online, Ford is significantly increasing production of the Mustang Mach-E this year to help reduce customer wait times and to take advantage of streamlined costs to reduce prices across the board, making Mustang Mach-E even more accessible to customers and keeping it competitive in the marketplace.

The production increase is a key part of the Ford+ Plan, underscoring the company’s commitment to lead the EV revolution by increasing the value of its EVs for customers, continuing to position Mustang Mach-E as a compelling option for those looking for an electric SUV, and growing market share. Ford already offers EV customers a full-size truck, SUV and van – and has secured the batteries and raw material to scale production of all these models in 2023.

Mustang Mach-E delivers the 0-60 thrills with an available EPA-estimated 300+ mile range1 and zero tailpipe emissions. It is available with BlueCruise hands-free driving on more than 130,000 miles of highway and can be updated through over-the-air Ford Power-Up software updates. All Ford EV customers also have access to more than 79,000 charging plugs and growing through the BlueOval Charge™ Network, North America’s largest public charging network.2

Almost all of Mustang Mach-E’s growth to date is incremental to the brand with two-thirds of Mustang Mach-E customers coming from competitor brands.

The Mustang Mach-E was the No. 3 EV model in the U.S. in 2022 and the updated pricing is part of Ford's plan to keep the SUV competitive in a rapidly changing market, while strengthening Ford’s position as the No. 2 U.S. EV manufacturer as it continues to scale that part of the business.

“We are not going to cede ground to anyone. We are producing more EVs to reduce customer wait times, offering competitive pricing and working to create an ownership experience that is second to none,” said Marin Gjaja, Chief Customer Officer, Ford Model e. “Our customers are at the center of everything we do – as we continue to build thrilling and exciting electric vehicles, we will continue to push the boundaries to make EVs more accessible for everybody.”

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 5.51.36 AM.jpg

MSRP excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.

Existing Mustang Mach-E customers awaiting delivery of their vehicle will automatically receive the adjusted price and for customers with a sale date after Jan. 1, 2023, and already have their Mustang Mach-E, Ford will reach out directly.

“Part of our mission at Ford is to treat customers like family,” said Gjaja. "We want our customers to know they made the right decision by choosing a Mustang Mach-E, and we’ll continue to play a proactive role in doing the right thing for those joining the Ford family.”

In addition to adjusted pricing, on Mustang Mach-E vehicles ordered between Jan. 30 and April 3, 2023, Ford Credit will be offering special rates as low as 5.34%.

“This is a natural companion to the new Mach-E pricing,” said Craig Carrington, Ford Credit executive vice president for North America. “The offer is straightforward and competitive, enabling customers to lock in today’s rates, even if rates go up between order and delivery.”
Yes, they tried to steal the tax incentive. Now that is gone, have to bring it back down quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Tesla margins are in another league compared with the rest of the industry. Nobody can profitably match Tesla’s pricing power. He’s not wrong about that. Ford isn’t dying but they have a lot of work to do to match Tesla’s economy of scale.
Ford has an entire diversified arsenal of hybrid and ICE vehicles to offer. Tesla has all its eggs in one basket and has pissed off a larger number of existing owners with their price cuts than Ford has.

Tesla also has an erratic CEO that's been revealed to be a bit of a dickbag in regards to his treatment of Twitter employees. Their stock heights revolved a lot about expectations of him, and he's certainly done his part to destroy the myth of his boundless genius.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think it means go get a canister filled with gas, pour it on your Mach E and throw a match on it, that’s how I feel about mine now.
Looks like you may be out of luck. Ford has said that they're giving refunds to 2023 buyers for the MSRP difference for deliveries made in 2023.

" Existing Mach-E customers awaiting delivery of their vehicle will automatically get the lower price and customers with a sale date after Jan. 1, 2023, who have already taken their vehicles home will also qualify for price reduction, Gjaja said."

source: https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2023/01/30/ford-mustang-mach-e-price-cut/69852905007/

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Tesla margins are in another league compared with the rest of the industry. Nobody can profitably match Tesla’s pricing power. He’s not wrong about that. Ford isn’t dying but they have a lot of work to do to match Tesla’s economy of scale.
The size ship that companies like Ford, GM, and VW have dwarf Tesla. To right any "ship" takes time especially when they are massive companies. Tesla has only ever operated in their current form.

The reason we don't see updated cars from Tesla is because it would mean updates to all of their facilities in a major way and with the pace of things like the cyber truck, I believe Tesla will struggle with full redesigns.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Can't believe they had the CR1 at 64k,that was WAAY too much for what you get. New price seems on the high end, but rather fair.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Wow, this is interesting. Wonder what they'll do on the F-150 Lightning...

Of course they already were increasing production, nothing new there.
They have no reason. Competition in the truck space all currently fits the pricing they have.

If the Silverado ev hits that 40k price they promise, I would guess we see some changes then.

The cyber truck, unless Tesla wants to take a loss on it, is likely going to start at 50k these days, but I'm honestly expecting 60

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
GTPE pricing back to 2022 levels (but without tax credit this year)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! 1675089791907

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
No matter what you say, TSLA is under pressure. I think the mistaken assumption some people are making is price is main driver for most. Clearly it's a deciding factor (and for some trumps everything else) but buying a car is an emotional purchase for most. Lots of people will pay "more" to get what they want.

There are a lot of "never Tesla" buyers out there, a lot of people who may have tolerated the design when they were the only game in town, but with the market now we are spoiled for choice - ID.4, ID.7 coming, IONIQ 5, IONIQ 6 coming, Benzito Jellybeans & EQB, EV6, Genesis GV60, Audi e-tron lineup, Volvo EX90, C40, Polestar 2, Polestar 3 coming, BMW iX, GM & Caddy (if it ever gets built), Vinfast (good luck), the list is long.

And let's not forget 60% of car buyers buy the same brand again - so if you've got an ICE BMW X5 coming off lease soon, there is a good chance you'll step into the iX. As will Volvo owners, and Audi owners, Hyundai owners, and GM (maybe), and Benz etc. The "California Camry" is not your only choice.

So yeah, price matters, but we are about to find out just how much.

Last edited:

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
customers with a sale date after Jan. 1, 2023, and already have their Mustang Mach-E, Ford will reach out directly
I’m interested to see how this pans out since I just picked up a couple weeks ago.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Making it awfully tough on people to choose the ER battery. Could be a $14,500 upgrade counting the lost $7500 tax credit for going over $55k.

That is, assuming the tax credit applies at all after March due to materials sourcing. Still an unknown.

I guess I should feel fortunate I *only* paid $5000 extra for mine.
Sponsored