silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Seems like they really don't. The price cuts are pretty weak compared to what Tesla did
This is a both a concession by Ford that Tesla's price cuts are negatively impacting Mach-E sales and a painful admission that the Extended Range battery is a pricing hurdle they can't get over.

The value proposition for buyers are the Select models. It's just a major miss that the ER trims can't get under $55k.
Sponsored

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
You still make it out better than anyone purchasing one in '23 by having the tax credit
Yea, well me rushing to get the tax credit just to cough it back up Is terrible. I was just about to actually pay the car in full, now I just want to drive it off a cliff.

OP
OP
HondaRacer

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Yea, well me rushing to get the tax credit just to cough it back up Is terrible. I was just about to actually pay the car in full, now I just want to drive it off a cliff.
Nothing changed about your car or your purchase between yesterday and today.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Are there even on the lot Lightnings? Would be awesome to pick up a base one at MSRP ~$40k, but those were probably rarely built early on. :)

I'm thinking Ford has a very hard time competing with the extended battery option due to their own costs. For long road trippers, the Tesla MY is tough to compete with if you need the range, but < $55k MYs are not that common on the website anymore (they're pretty much all gone and you'd have to keep refreshing non-stop and deal with any QC issues if you find one).

I'm guessing Ford went this route because with 0 < $55k MY inventory, if one were to get a Mach-E Premium with extended range/AWD ($58k - $61k), you're now competing with what's available MY ($56k - $59k).

Is someone willing to pay $2k - $3k more for a Mach-e vs. a MY?
Uhhh absolutely. 3k isn’t enough for me to drive a car I don’t like. That’s like 1.3%.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It always sucks buying near the peak, just before a market correction. Timing is everything.

Although FWIW, I believe NJ is the state with the biggest EV breaks in the country, with no sales tax on auto purchases and (I think) still a purchase credit on top of that (although I'm not sure if that's still in effect). My sales tax alone was ~$4500.

Still though, always hurts to see a price change go in the opposite direction of what you want. They did something similar when they adjusted FE vs Premium pricing over 2 years ago, effectively costing me $2k.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Are there even on the lot Lightnings? Would be awesome to pick up a base one at MSRP ~$40k, but those were probably rarely built early on. :)

I'm thinking Ford has a very hard time competing with the extended battery option due to their own costs. For long road trippers, the Tesla MY is tough to compete with if you need the range, but < $55k MYs are not that common on the website anymore (they're pretty much all gone and you'd have to keep refreshing non-stop and deal with any QC issues if you find one).

I'm guessing Ford went this route because with 0 < $55k MY inventory, if one were to get a Mach-E Premium with extended range/AWD ($58k - $61k), you're now competing with what's available MY ($56k - $59k).

Is someone willing to pay $2k - $3k more for a Mach-e vs. a MY?
I drove by Kearny Pearson Ford yesterday here in San Diego looked like they had 3 Lightning on the lot. However looking at their site these are a Lariat trim and Platinum trims. but looks like they have them on a $20k mark up.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Making it awfully tough on people to choose the ER battery. Could be a $14,500 upgrade counting the lost $7500 tax credit for going over $55k.

That is, assuming the tax credit applies at all after March due to materials sourcing. Still an unknown.

I guess I should feel fortunate I *only* paid $5000 extra for mine.
That's the conundrum in Canada - ER battery is a $13k extra, and you loose the $5,000 subsidy. That delta would make me buy the SR battery and an $18k ICE vehicle for road trips :)

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I’m interested to see how this pans out since I just picked up a couple weeks ago.
WHOA - same build date as mine!

You should be getting a refund check or a Ford gift card for the new lower pricing ??

Mine is going to be very interesting as it has yet to be delivered.

So now, my Premium base RWD is going to be about $4K lower and being honored?

Is this the correct math for my incoming Premium RWD base:
- $4000 lowered pricing
- $6500 PCO
- $7500 tax credit
- $2000 Ford Options w/ 4.49% rate protection

???

This would be amazing !

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Wonder what Canadian prices will be? A-plan changes?
Seems they've also dropped - Select base stays the same, Premium was $71,995, Cali R1 was $85,925, the GT at $97,495. Basically MY22 prices...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.18.42 AM

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Seems they've also dropped - Select base stays the same, Premium was $71,995, Cali R1 was $85,925, the GT at $97,495.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.18.42 AM
I'll admit I looked at that picture and was like, "WAIT, WTAF" then realized, "oh, CAD, right, right" 🤣

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My Tesla fanboy friend is already taunting me that this is a desperate move of a dying company because he claims Ford doesn’t have the margins to support such massive price cuts 🙄
Like the Tesla discount wasn't a desperate move haha

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
WHOA - same build date as mine!

You should be getting a refund check or a Ford gift card for the new lower pricing ??

Mine is going to be very interesting as it has yet to be delivered.

So now, my Premium base RWD is going to be about $4K lower and being honored?

Is this the correct math for my incoming Premium RWD base:
- $4000 lowered pricing
- $6500 PCO
- $7500 tax credit
- $2000 Ford Options w/ 4.49% rate protection

???

This would be amazing !
I have (as YOU know..) a Dec 22nd build date and my car is still in Mexico. I am due $6,500 PCO. My GUESS is that the PCO will be LOWERED to adjust to the 2022 pricing we were promised.
I HOPE that I will be getting the full $6,500 off the new price. Doubtful.
However, now that MY MSRP will be below $55,000 (it's a Prem AWD SR) , I'm thinking of having one of my kids buy the car so that I/we can get the $7,500. (I am income limited out)
Until this morning, only a lease made sense.. Now I will reconsider a buy.
I'm still probably 2 month away from the car being delivered at this point, so plenty of time for the dust to settle..

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
Did anyone's online order price changed ? I don't see a price drop yet on my ordered reservation.
Sponsored