Norberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e GT
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Once the Tesla redux one can pretty much read the tea leaves that everyone else would follow suit, beginning with Ford.
As for being treated “like family”, not by the dealers, most will treat you like the ugly step kid, if that.
Still, I love my GT.
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
See, this is all BS, should be the same % price reduction across the board, if indeed raising the price was costs/inlfation related, that's when they did when they raised the prices from '22 to '23.
Can't say that it makes sense for a select AWD to be cheaper by ~1.3% while the top of the line is ~8.4% cheaper.

Like a lot of things manufactured, there are a lot of fixed costs you can't wittle away. Whether a worker makes a Select or a GT, their pay is the same. Benefits, healthcare, everything has a bottom cost that it's hard for any manufacturer to go under. Select's probably simply had less room.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
everything you mention does not add up to extra $5K anyway.... or I should say is not worth the extra $5K.... but hey its your money not mine!, I'm getting a Select
Bigger wheels is at least $1500-2k right there, I'm not saying Select is bad choice at all, but I do think it's a worthy upgrade to Premium

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I agree. The ER battery is just a bit too expensive, knocking several models out the running for the tax credit.
That's why I always thought it was an issue with having the CA RT1 be AWD, when they made that change last year. Keeping it at 2WD would have made it for the new tax credit.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
So, Ford was lying their ass off when they said costs had gone up so much, they clearly did not, imagine that!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
does this include the ADM that dealers force on you?
Markups? Mach-Es are piling up on lots.

Ford realized this and cut prices.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I keep trying to explain to him how economic substitutes and monopolistic pricing power works, but he doesn’t want to hear about it. He just seems to believe that exponentially growing net income curves will continue on growing exponentially with income asymptotically approaching infinity over time 🙄
You have to strip out all the items Tesla doesn't have in the car. That's what part of the cost savings are. Ford could probably remove a few thousand from taking parts out, but buyers tend to want these features.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Besides the roof, it also has included Blue Cruise, upgraded sound system, heated seats & steering wheel & power lift gate.
I think Ford missed an opportunity at the start when they didn’t make Blue Cruise a add-on option that a customer can choose to pay for each month.

They’re doing it now with the 23 model year, but it’s something that would have allowed them to drop the Premium line. Just make the upgraded sound system an option along with the other stuff. That’s what the German’s do.

Cohenfive

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Country flag
They had no choice. Tesla is the dominant player, and their price cuts have lead to a stampede to order their new lower priced vehicles..leaving dealerships like Ford and Hyundai listening to crickets. More price cuts to come I imagine. Tesla has higher margins so they can still drive pricing in the market and others have to follow.

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Like a lot of things manufactured, there are a lot of fixed costs you can't wittle away. Whether a worker makes a Select or a GT, their pay is the same. Benefits, healthcare, everything has a bottom cost that it's hard for any manufacturer to go under. Select's probably simply had less room.
I suspect Ford negotiated lower costs on interior components due to volume increase, as noted you get only $900 reduction is the Select model vs Premium that got $4K cut> I am wondering if we are yet to see cost reduction due to LFP later on?

PolarBear702

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Edge ST, 2018 Fusion Titanium Energi
Occupation
Ford Fleet Sales
Country flag
Press Release:

FORD TO SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE PRODUCTION OF MUSTANG MACH-E IN 2023, REDUCES PRICES ACROSS THE BOARD

JAN 30, 2023 | DEARBORN

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 30, 2023 – With its new EV supply chain coming online, Ford is significantly increasing production of the Mustang Mach-E this year to help reduce customer wait times and to take advantage of streamlined costs to reduce prices across the board, making Mustang Mach-E even more accessible to customers and keeping it competitive in the marketplace.

The production increase is a key part of the Ford+ Plan, underscoring the company’s commitment to lead the EV revolution by increasing the value of its EVs for customers, continuing to position Mustang Mach-E as a compelling option for those looking for an electric SUV, and growing market share. Ford already offers EV customers a full-size truck, SUV and van – and has secured the batteries and raw material to scale production of all these models in 2023.

Mustang Mach-E delivers the 0-60 thrills with an available EPA-estimated 300+ mile range1 and zero tailpipe emissions. It is available with BlueCruise hands-free driving on more than 130,000 miles of highway and can be updated through over-the-air Ford Power-Up software updates. All Ford EV customers also have access to more than 79,000 charging plugs and growing through the BlueOval Charge™ Network, North America’s largest public charging network.2

Almost all of Mustang Mach-E’s growth to date is incremental to the brand with two-thirds of Mustang Mach-E customers coming from competitor brands.

The Mustang Mach-E was the No. 3 EV model in the U.S. in 2022 and the updated pricing is part of Ford's plan to keep the SUV competitive in a rapidly changing market, while strengthening Ford’s position as the No. 2 U.S. EV manufacturer as it continues to scale that part of the business.

“We are not going to cede ground to anyone. We are producing more EVs to reduce customer wait times, offering competitive pricing and working to create an ownership experience that is second to none,” said Marin Gjaja, Chief Customer Officer, Ford Model e. “Our customers are at the center of everything we do – as we continue to build thrilling and exciting electric vehicles, we will continue to push the boundaries to make EVs more accessible for everybody.”

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 5.51.36 AM.jpg

MSRP excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.

Existing Mustang Mach-E customers awaiting delivery of their vehicle will automatically receive the adjusted price and for customers with a sale date after Jan. 1, 2023, and already have their Mustang Mach-E, Ford will reach out directly.

“Part of our mission at Ford is to treat customers like family,” said Gjaja. "We want our customers to know they made the right decision by choosing a Mustang Mach-E, and we’ll continue to play a proactive role in doing the right thing for those joining the Ford family.”

In addition to adjusted pricing, on Mustang Mach-E vehicles ordered between Jan. 30 and April 3, 2023, Ford Credit will be offering special rates as low as 5.34%.

“This is a natural companion to the new Mach-E pricing,” said Craig Carrington, Ford Credit executive vice president for North America. “The offer is straightforward and competitive, enabling customers to lock in today’s rates, even if rates go up between order and delivery.”

What about customers who bought a 2023 in 2022? I don't see anyting.

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
So, Ford was lying their ass off when they said costs had gone up so much, they clearly did not, imagine that!
The cost has gone down recently , that why Tesla was able reduce so much. I guess Ford also did the same seeing material cost going down.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don't think this is a valid argument, as Tesla is cranking out tons of <$55k MY's...they just aren't sitting on the website indefinitely. You can still custom order a <$55k MY, and inventory will pop in frequently. So someone that wants a car right away without ordering just has to camp the website and grab what they want when it pops up.

I have a feeling Tesla might have to do something to help move their >$55k MY inventory as I'm not sure they have enough buyers who don't qualify for tax credits. I'm guessing they'll just shift production focus and let current stock slowly settle down on the >$55k stuff.

So Ford most definitely is competing against <$55k 330 mile range MY's that get the full tax credit.

I predict Ford will end up dropping a LR version down below $55k, soon.

True, if you order and get it in time. I guess there is some risk there with your particular VIN with build quality and missing radar currently, but true that you can order and wait. Downside is you lose your order fee if you change your mind, but you make a valid point.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
See, this is all BS, should be the same % price reduction across the board, if indeed raising the price was costs/inlfation related, that's when they did when they raised the prices from '22 to '23.
Can't say that it makes sense for a select AWD to be cheaper by ~1.3% while the top of the line is ~8.4% cheaper.
Yes, it works the same margins on the Lightning.

Ford makes more money on their higher trims and breaks even/loses on the base trim.

Ford has a larger margin on their Platinum and Lariat ER than the lower trims.

I got a great deal in 2022 with the Lariat SR at $67K which is not possible with the higher '23 prices and deleted features including loss of AM radio which I use.
Sponsored