First Name
Ken
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicles
2016 Acura RDX
Country flag
My dealer said they would accept A-Z plans if Ford issued them for the Mach E. I asked him to check dealer communication EFC08063 and get back to me. He did, confirmed Ford had X-plan pricing, and emailed me saying they would be accepting it.

You might want to have your dealer check that communication.
We referred him to EFC08063.... twice :confused:

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, C-Max
Country flag
In case you need his contact info to verify:
image_1.jpg
So my contact at Mullinax Ford in North Palm Beach FL confirmed that they are not charging any ADM, but like others, he was not clear on accepting X plan pricing. He is double checking and was not aware of the communications from Ford.

Tfaulk20

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicles
2010 Dodge Challenger
Country flag
We talked with Pat Marques at Future Ford (yet another Internet Sales Manager). When asked about X-Plan he replied: "Ok there is no xplan. We were already told by Ford." I'm wondering if Ali said the same thing.
I spoke with Ali on Friday before emailing him to get written confirmation. Over the phone he told me no X plan but I am hoping this might change as they get more information.

buzznwood

Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & rs
Country flag
As we have the advantage of being able to chose our dealer and are not having to worry about dealers getting an allocation if you don't mind traveling pick one in your state that is using plan pricing. Personally I won't touch one that won't be taking plan pricing.

As CA is full of more money the sense idiots that pay ADM regardless, when I got my focus ST & RS the local dealers lost out due to such stupidity and I had to travel out to the smaller dealers that happened to get an allocation but for the saving it is a no brainer.

It is pretty easy to get an x-plan pin and 2% on what is an expensive purchase is not to be sniffed at even if I have to travel a couple of 100 miles the savings is worth it besides, may as make use of the electrify america credit on the journey back if I need to find a charger :)

Reactions: abr

mamejunkie

Reaction score
Vehicles
GLC, Scion xB
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As we have the advantage of being able to chose our dealer and are not having to worry about dealers getting an allocation if you don't mind traveling pick one in your state that is using plan pricing. Personally I won't touch one that won't be taking plan pricing.

As CA is full of more money the sense idiots that pay ADM regardless, when I got my focus ST & RS the local dealers lost out due to such stupidity and I had to travel out to the smaller dealers that happened to get an allocation but for the saving it is a no brainer.

It is pretty easy to get an x-plan pin and 2% on what is an expensive purchase is not to be sniffed at even if I have to travel a couple of 100 miles the savings is worth it besides, may as make use of the electrify america credit on the journey back if I need to find a charger :)
Also, most dealers around here will do home delivery now. Don't even have to go to the dealership.

buzznwood

Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & rs
Country flag
Also, most dealers around here will do home delivery now. Don't even have to go to the dealership.
Good point with covid-19 contactless car delivery may just become the norm. After all the mach-e has a pretty high delivery charge may as well get your moneys worth out of it.

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good point with covid-19 contactless car delivery may just become the norm. After all the mach-e has a pretty high delivery charge may as well get your moneys worth out of it.
I'd be OK with that on a legacy model that I'd previously been able to drive/rent/sit in, but not for a brand new model. I'm not making a final commitment until I at least sit in one to check the comfort/feel/seat height.

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Full disclosure, I'm a dealership employee (not a salesperson) and I can say that Sill-TerHar Motors in Broomfield, Colorado has a long standing rule of never marking up cars. Same is true for the Mach-E
Cool, thanks! My default dealer is Interstate Ford just because it's only 5 minutes from me, but Sill-TerHar is certainly close enough if needed. I frequent Broomfield anyway (step-mom lives there, and our doctors are at Rock Creek).

pturtle

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Country flag
Very cool, since I'm not in sales, I'm not going to try to convince you to change, but we're definitely happy to help if we can. With that said, I'm seriously considering a GT right now, I just need to decide if Grabber Blue is ok, or if I should go black. I'm driving a Nitrous Blue RS right now, so...

zhackwyatt

Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max
Country flag
I called a sales rep who said that this would be a low quantity vehicle that will most likely have an MSRP "adjustment" and that the A/Z/X plan would most likely not apply. He said this is similar to Raptor Trucks, or Shelby Mustangs. Later in the day I got an email from the Inventory Manger (Andrew Mullenix) at the Mall of Georgia ford telling me that ford's online system had forwarded him my information and to contact him if I had any questions. I called him and found out that the information the Sales Rep provided me was in fact false and that Andrew and only two other managers had completed the Mach-E online training earlier that day.
Why can't people say: "I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out"? Instead of making stuff up. Human nature I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mopey

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
2015 MKC, 2016 Mustang CS/Conv/SC
Country flag
I finally got a call from my local dealer in answer to an email request. He said there would be no ADM but he also said they aren't yet EV certified. While he said they expected EV certification any day (they said that in January, too), it looks like I may have to take delivery of my FE at a dealer 300 miles away (and no charge points in between). He said he would immediately get back to me on military discount and X Plan availability.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Added several dealers in central NC to the list. All of them said that at this time there's no plan to add dealer markup, but none of them are taking x-plan pricing.

buzznwood

Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & rs
Country flag
I'd be OK with that on a legacy model that I'd previously been able to drive/rent/sit in, but not for a brand new model. I'm not making a final commitment until I at least sit in one to check the comfort/feel/seat height.
Totally understandable I am certainly going on some assumptions based on previous and existing products, due to the nature of the mach-e being based around c2 platform with obvious differences, just looking at the pictures of the interior it is all very c2 based to me so if you can go sit in a new escape or find a c-max on the used lot it may be a good approximation.

With the c-max always just being a taller focus with more head room I would imagine it is the closet in regards to seating h-point and head room as the dimension of the mach-e are very close to the original c-max just a bit longer. It did start out life out as an all electric c-max replacement which probably explains it.

Seat could be a bit higher due to batteries but the c-max seat h-point is closer to the original mk1 focus h-point which is higher than the mk3 and maintains its more upright seating position., which is why sitting in both an escape and c-max will probably give you a ball park idea if you are going to be ok.

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very cool, since I'm not in sales, I'm not going to try to convince you to change, but we're definitely happy to help if we can. With that said, I'm seriously considering a GT right now, I just need to decide if Grabber Blue is ok, or if I should go black. I'm driving a Nitrous Blue RS right now, so...
I may switch to Sill-TerHar anyway, as I've heard absolutely zero from Interstate so far. It's close by and they have that shiny new building, but a good buying experience at the right price means more.

But I've also decided to wait until at least December to order because I really want to physically sit in one first. Sounds like Premium reservations are supposed to stay intact until 12/31, so I'll see how that goes. Or I may just let the reservation lapse and buy like "normal" next summer/fall.

Advertisement