astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I'm going to place an order for a Mach-E premium today or tomorrow (just can't make up my mind on color). Just wanted to chime in that this forum was extremely useful for finding a good dealer. Here is the dealer I will be going with thanks to this thread:
Southern California: Galpin Ford, will honor MSRP and X-plan pricing.
Sponsored

Bjbjustin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
No markup for on the lot GT - Sewell Ford, Odessa,TX. $99 dealer add on for Wheelock. Very familiar with out of atate sales process..
Highly recommended

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
You can add Autonation Ford of Littleton, CO to the list. Accepted X-Plan, no additional markups, Ford Options and a very smooth closing process. Very happy to have worked with Dan McNamee as the internet sales person.

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
No ADM on my purchase at Lebanon Ford in Ohio

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
$2,500 on all vehicles in stock in Fullerton Ford in Somerville.

They jacked my lease rate up in such a way that around $5,000 was added to the total lease cost, while no mention of Ford Options. Just told me to contact my accountant as I was leasing it (back when they were selling at MSRP)

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2014 Mazda3 GT
Country flag
A couple of thoughts to add some perspective on dealer pricing & ADMs:
-- Yes, it's a tough time to be a dealer when available stock is low. OTOH there are multiple profit sources beyond the profit built into MSRP, which for my new F150 would have been ~7% if I had paid MSRP. Dealers receive a 3% holdback fee from the manufacturer on almost all new car sales. In addition, a Ford dealer receives a 90-day flooring benefit from Ford so s/he doesn't have to initially finance the vehicle. Sell it quickly (or with a special order, do so instantly) and the balance of the benefit falls into the dealer's pocket. Each vehicle also comes with an advertising benefit, altho' the dealer can choose how much of that is used vs. held.
-- Established dealers have been operating for many years, even decades. They are not new to this game. Many of us have suffered financially during the pandemic and it's expected at such times that we had planned for a rainy day. Folks invested in the stock market took a huge hit during the Great Recession but it's understood that one needs to be careful about how you balance the certainty of saving vs. the risk of investing. Dealers have multiple sources of revenue (beyond new car sales) and dealers too are able to anticipate a rainy day if they bother to. With an ADM I think they are asking to be given some cheese with their whine, and may well have failed to manage their business thoughtfully in the first place.
-- Lastly, if a dealer is caught financially flatfooted because of today's low car inventory and has a problem to solve, asking for an ADM is asking the customer to own a portion of the dealer's problem. If the customer is adamant about making a purchase despite low inventory, can't/won't bother to shop around, doesn't want to buy from a distant dealer and/or wait out today's circumstances, then that customer also has a problem. Paying an ADM under those circumstances simply means that customer and that dealer are mutually solving each other's problems. However...

For me, I simply refuse to accept a piece of a dealer's problem. And given the number of dealers who aren't charging ADMs - and are earning good will for their future business - why would I choose to?

Jack

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red GT-PE, Premium ER RWD (sold), mk7 GTI
Country flag
Just picked up my order yesterday from Santa Monica Ford, at MSRP. It was the quickest purchase I have ever had, I was in and out in under 2 hours. Tom at SM Ford was extremely straightforward and made the process a breeze.

In addition to the Ford Options, I got $750 off for attending fords experience at the LA auto show.

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know if this stacks on top of X-Plan?
I did not get x Olán pricing but i believe it should stack, you just need to provide the dealer with your certificate number that ford emails you as part of the online registration at the auto show event.

The dealer also provided me the code for the $50 test drive bonus. woohoo now that’s some savings

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
Just picked up my order yesterday from Santa Monica Ford, at MSRP. It was the quickest purchase I have ever had, I was in and out in under 2 hours. Tom at SM Ford was extremely straightforward and made the process a breeze.

In addition to the Ford Options, I got $750 off for attending fords experience at the LA auto show.
Did they stick the $2000 guard package on you as well?

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they stick the $2000 guard package on you as well?
I was nervous that something like that would derail the experience, but they did not try to add anything. Even when we went into finance it was some guy covering for the finance manager who had gone home for the day, so we didn't even get upsold there. I was all ready to negotiate on an extra year and miles of warranty coverage, but nothing.

KZ6ele, did you order your car or pick it up off the lot?

edit: I think they're just doing the add-ons for the rare vehicles they get in inventory. He mentioned though that inventory is basically nonexistent on mach e and bronco because virtually all of the ordered cars have converted to sales.

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
KZ6ele, did you order your car or pick it up off the lot?

edit: I think they're just doing the add-ons for the rare vehicles they get in inventory. He mentioned though that inventory is basically nonexistent on mach e and bronco because virtually all of the ordered cars have converted to sales.
Took over an order. Car came in Monday, was going to pickup that afternoon they said no we have to PDI & charge it up. Said okay well come Tuesday, asked for credit application and price sheet. That's when I noticed Guard Package. I asked to remove it since that's not what I agreed to when I took over and you'll added it during PDI when if I came to pickup on Monday it wouldn't be there. They said it's company policy on all cars and take it or leave it ...

Given the excuse that SMFord doesnt add ADM since 1) they promised Ford that they wouldn't (if you search internet I think SMFord was one of the original dealers adding ADM to orders but got a slap on the wrist) 2) you're getting something for the $2k and it's not mark-up on nothing 3) they'll be able to sell it to someone else that week if I walked.

I'm still waiting for my original order to arrive this month 10/18 build week but built 11/17.

Anyways guess you got lucky. Congrats!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
No ADM: