mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As we have the advantage of being able to chose our dealer and are not having to worry about dealers getting an allocation if you don't mind traveling pick one in your state that is using plan pricing. Personally I won't touch one that won't be taking plan pricing.

As CA is full of more money the sense idiots that pay ADM regardless, when I got my focus ST & RS the local dealers lost out due to such stupidity and I had to travel out to the smaller dealers that happened to get an allocation but for the saving it is a no brainer.

It is pretty easy to get an x-plan pin and 2% on what is an expensive purchase is not to be sniffed at even if I have to travel a couple of 100 miles the savings is worth it besides, may as make use of the electrify america credit on the journey back if I need to find a charger :)
Also, most dealers around here will do home delivery now. Don't even have to go to the dealership.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Also, most dealers around here will do home delivery now. Don't even have to go to the dealership.
Good point with covid-19 contactless car delivery may just become the norm. After all the mach-e has a pretty high delivery charge may as well get your moneys worth out of it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good point with covid-19 contactless car delivery may just become the norm. After all the mach-e has a pretty high delivery charge may as well get your moneys worth out of it.
I'd be OK with that on a legacy model that I'd previously been able to drive/rent/sit in, but not for a brand new model. I'm not making a final commitment until I at least sit in one to check the comfort/feel/seat height.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Full disclosure, I'm a dealership employee (not a salesperson) and I can say that Sill-TerHar Motors in Broomfield, Colorado has a long standing rule of never marking up cars. Same is true for the Mach-E
Cool, thanks! My default dealer is Interstate Ford just because it's only 5 minutes from me, but Sill-TerHar is certainly close enough if needed. I frequent Broomfield anyway (step-mom lives there, and our doctors are at Rock Creek).

pturtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Country flag
Very cool, since I'm not in sales, I'm not going to try to convince you to change, but we're definitely happy to help if we can. With that said, I'm seriously considering a GT right now, I just need to decide if Grabber Blue is ok, or if I should go black. I'm driving a Nitrous Blue RS right now, so...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I called a sales rep who said that this would be a low quantity vehicle that will most likely have an MSRP "adjustment" and that the A/Z/X plan would most likely not apply. He said this is similar to Raptor Trucks, or Shelby Mustangs. Later in the day I got an email from the Inventory Manger (Andrew Mullenix) at the Mall of Georgia ford telling me that ford's online system had forwarded him my information and to contact him if I had any questions. I called him and found out that the information the Sales Rep provided me was in fact false and that Andrew and only two other managers had completed the Mach-E online training earlier that day.
Why can't people say: "I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out"? Instead of making stuff up. Human nature I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I finally got a call from my local dealer in answer to an email request. He said there would be no ADM but he also said they aren't yet EV certified. While he said they expected EV certification any day (they said that in January, too), it looks like I may have to take delivery of my FE at a dealer 300 miles away (and no charge points in between). He said he would immediately get back to me on military discount and X Plan availability.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Added several dealers in central NC to the list. All of them said that at this time there's no plan to add dealer markup, but none of them are taking x-plan pricing.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'd be OK with that on a legacy model that I'd previously been able to drive/rent/sit in, but not for a brand new model. I'm not making a final commitment until I at least sit in one to check the comfort/feel/seat height.
Totally understandable I am certainly going on some assumptions based on previous and existing products, due to the nature of the mach-e being based around c2 platform with obvious differences, just looking at the pictures of the interior it is all very c2 based to me so if you can go sit in a new escape or find a c-max on the used lot it may be a good approximation.

With the c-max always just being a taller focus with more head room I would imagine it is the closet in regards to seating h-point and head room as the dimension of the mach-e are very close to the original c-max just a bit longer. It did start out life out as an all electric c-max replacement which probably explains it.

Seat could be a bit higher due to batteries but the c-max seat h-point is closer to the original mk1 focus h-point which is higher than the mk3 and maintains its more upright seating position., which is why sitting in both an escape and c-max will probably give you a ball park idea if you are going to be ok.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very cool, since I'm not in sales, I'm not going to try to convince you to change, but we're definitely happy to help if we can. With that said, I'm seriously considering a GT right now, I just need to decide if Grabber Blue is ok, or if I should go black. I'm driving a Nitrous Blue RS right now, so...
I may switch to Sill-TerHar anyway, as I've heard absolutely zero from Interstate so far. It's close by and they have that shiny new building, but a good buying experience at the right price means more.

But I've also decided to wait until at least December to order because I really want to physically sit in one first. Sounds like Premium reservations are supposed to stay intact until 12/31, so I'll see how that goes. Or I may just let the reservation lapse and buy like "normal" next summer/fall.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I can verify Encinitas Ford is no ADM and accepts X plan. They were unsure on military discount.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Totally understandable I am certainly going on some assumptions based on previous and existing products, due to the nature of the mach-e being based around c2 platform with obvious differences, just looking at the pictures of the interior it is all very c2 based to me so if you can go sit in a new escape or find a c-max on the used lot it may be a good approximation.

With the c-max always just being a taller focus with more head room I would imagine it is the closet in regards to seating h-point and head room as the dimension of the mach-e are very close to the original c-max just a bit longer. It did start out life out as an all electric c-max replacement which probably explains it.

Seat could be a bit higher due to batteries but the c-max seat h-point is closer to the original mk1 focus h-point which is higher than the mk3 and maintains its more upright seating position., which is why sitting in both an escape and c-max will probably give you a ball park idea if you are going to be ok.
I've done a lot of comparing of the specs and shapes between our current 2013 Escapes and the Mach-e. While the Mach-e is (disappointingly) 3" shorter in overall height, the peak height appears to be right over the driver seat; whereas on the Escape peak height is behind the driver seat. So it looks like the difference is only 1-2" at the driver seat. I also calculated it by subtracting headroom from vehicle height (with a few assumptions), and that came out about 1" difference.

So I do expect the Mach-e seat to be only an inch or two shorter. I'd prefer taller, but that's acceptable. Still though, I won't 100% trust that until I try it. Some seats raise more than others, some cars are hard to get your head in when the seat it raised, etc. Just have to sit in it to really know for sure.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I am completely amazed at how many articles have been published in the last two day regarding the ADM and some that have said the dealerships will cause the demise of the Mach-E. Well, I am pretty certain no one associated with this forum is going to pay the extra. The sensationalism is crazy though.

Here's am example. https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-vs-ford-mustang-mach-e-premature-death/

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am completely amazed at how many articles have been published in the last two day regarding the ADM and some that have said the dealerships will cause the demise of the Mach-E. Well, I am pretty certain no one associated with this forum is going to pay the extra. The sensationalism is crazy though.

Here's am example. https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-vs-ford-mustang-mach-e-premature-death/
That was funny to read. "Premature death"?!? Ha, they wish. I guess some of those Tesla fanboys aren't real familiar with the concept of competition. If we don't like what one dealership tries to charge, we simply try another.

And frankly, I'm not sure some of these Ford dealers that said they'd add ADM fully realize reservation holders can just switch dealers. They don't have the leverage to hold the car hostage to the highest bidder like they normally do.
Sponsored