Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F250, Mach e (hopefully soon!).
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just tried tracking my estimated delivery date and, oh look, another slip! Ship date January 20, original dealer ETA 2-9 February (seemed reasonable). Check in with dealer on the 9th, oh his invoice shows week of February 20th. Checked Ford tracker today, March 9th! Seriously WTF, 50 days to get to metro Detroit area? Palsapp shows good dealer and location for shipping but it's been pending for going on 2 weeks.

How is everyone else's dates looking? Have they stayed accurate? Just curious if this is an ongoing issue with delivery or do they just throw darts? Sent a message to sales manager for his thoughts, waiting to hear back...sorry had to vent somewhere.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I've heard things are currently a mess in KC. Between the weather and power outages, it's likely cars in KC are not getting out nearly as fast as planned (if at all). They may be waiting for it to normalize before sending them streaming out of Mexico only to further plug up the works.
My ETA was Feb 12 and the car arrived KC on Jan 25th. My new ETA is 2/25. I have to presume my car is still sitting in KC.

ETA: The current situation in Texas may also impact train traffic...just speculating on this one.

OP
OP
sjaj14

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've heard things are currently a mess in KC. Between the weather and power outages, it's likely cars in KC are not getting out nearly as fast as planned (if at all). They may be waiting for it to normalize before sending them streaming out of Mexico only to further plug up the works.
My ETA was Feb 12 and the car arrived KC on Jan 25th. My new ETA is 2/25. I have to presume my car is still sitting in KC.

ETA: The current situation in Texas may also impact train traffic...just speculating on this one.
Thanks for that info. Hard to argue the point about KC, lol! Nice '65 by the way, my first car was a '68 hardtop

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Ignore what was here, just got an e-mail updating my delivery.... To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E Premium is delivered to Ray Skillman Performance Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of February 11, 2021 and February 17, 2021 has been updated to between February 22, 2021 and February 28, 2021.

Last edited:

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Was it black, grey or white? I saw 3 (2 different trucks) mixed in with F-150s going east on 94.

There may have been more but I'm a good driver so counting vehicles eastbound while I'm westbound wasn't my top priority.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Just tried tracking my estimated delivery date and, oh look, another slip! Ship date January 20, original dealer ETA 2-9 February (seemed reasonable). Check in with dealer on the 9th, oh his invoice shows week of February 20th. Checked Ford tracker today, March 9th! Seriously WTF, 50 days to get to metro Detroit area? Palsapp shows good dealer and location for shipping but it's been pending for going on 2 weeks.

How is everyone else's dates looking? Have they stayed accurate? Just curious if this is an ongoing issue with delivery or do they just throw darts? Sent a message to sales manager for his thoughts, waiting to hear back...sorry had to vent somewhere.
Mine somehow escaped from KC before this crap hit. I got the rail car number and have been checking and it is in Ohio now - my estimated delivery shows March 3-9, and I am really hoping for earlier Now that it is in my home state!

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Last week my date slipped from 3/5 to 3/12 and showed up at the dealership yesterday. No update in palsapp after it left KC on 2/3.

OP
OP
sjaj14

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Was it black, grey or white? I saw 3 (2 different trucks) mixed in with F-150s going east on 94.

There may have been more but I'm a good driver so counting vehicles eastbound while I'm westbound wasn't my top priority.
Lol, nope, infinite blue...thanks for keeping an eye out though! ?

OP
OP
sjaj14

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Last week my date slipped from 3/5 to 3/12 and showed up at the dealership yesterday. No update in palsapp after it left KC on 2/3.
How do you tell when it leaves KC?

OP
OP
sjaj14

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mine somehow escaped from KC before this crap hit. I got the rail car number and have been checking and it is in Ohio now - my estimated delivery shows March 3-9, and I am really hoping for earlier Now that it is in my home state!
Very cool....how were you able to get this level of shipping details?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Lol, nope, infinite blue...thanks for keeping an eye out though! ?
Well, one could have been blue.. they were all various shades of road salt... But this is a relatively good sign for the region.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Very cool....how were you able to get this level of shipping details?
Ask your dealer to look it up in their system and get you the rail car shipping number. Mine was on a different car to KC, and one from there (yeah, they may whine about doing it). I found out the car was different when the original car was heading south again. Then call 800-635-5768. Pick option 2, then again option 2. This is the NFS customer automated tracking. Put in the number - there will probably be four letters followed by a six digit number. It will tell you the location and time it was last scanned on the route. Resist calling hourly. Sometimes it updates once a day, sometimes twice. I picked all of this up elsewhere on the forum but I cannot remember where. Since you are in Xichigan, yours should also be on NFS. After that, a car truck should pick up and you should be able to see something in palsapp.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

My ship date was also Jan 20. I got an email with updated (i.e., delayed) delivery date ETA of March 3. A few days later (Feb 9) my car arrived. Keep the hope!

OP
OP
sjaj14

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ask your dealer to look it up in their system and get you the rail car shipping number. Mine was on a different car to KC, and one from there (yeah, they may whine about doing it). I found out the car was different when the original car was heading south again. Then call 800-635-5768. Pick option 2, then again option 2. This is the NFS customer automated tracking. Put in the number - there will probably be four letters followed by a six digit number. It will tell you the location and time it was last scanned on the route. Resist calling hourly. Sometimes it updates once a day, sometimes twice. I picked all of this up elsewhere on the forum but I cannot remember where. Since you are in Xichigan, yours should also be on NFS. After that, a car truck should pick up and you should be able to see something in palsapp.
Very cool, thanks for the info!
Sponsored