Oh my God, why has my Mach-E lost 10 percent of its range?

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Well here we go again. Yeah the guess o meter is pretty annoying / misleading. Reality is range is more variable than ice and the gom sucks at helping understanding your true range today. Case in point, yesterday I charge to 100% in prep for an out and back of. 220 miles of mostly highway drive with an unusually warm day in Colorado. Gom says 260 miles .. well it was going to end up actually closer to 315 . Lesson . Gom is irrelevant to battery health estimates and most just noting your average efficiency doing some simple math works better. Now if the temperature drops rapidly in a day and you need max range tomorrow and there are no dc fast chargers on your route.. I would ask the experts here to help.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well here we go again. Yeah the guess o meter is pretty annoying / misleading. Reality is range is more variable than ice and the gom sucks at helping understanding your true range today. Case in point, yesterday I charge to 100% in prep for an out and back of. 220 miles of mostly highway drive with an unusually warm day in Colorado. Gom says 260 miles .. well it was going to end up actually closer to 315 . Lesson . Gom is irrelevant to battery health estimates and most just noting your average efficiency doing some simple math works better. Now if the temperature drops rapidly in a day and you need max range tomorrow and there are no dc fast chargers on your route.. I would ask the experts here to help.
I have no idea what point your are trying to make.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm about to write to Ford. 2.5 months of ownership and 2K miles. It was giving me 280, now 255. 😁

In all seriousness, does the GOM try to anticipate the weather impact, besides the driving habits? Because it has been going down without much difference on the mi/kwh actual consumption. I was doing like 3.2 avg a month ago and now I'm doing 3.1 in average, which represents a real 9 mile reduction, while the GOM predicts a 25-mile drop.
Yes, it does anticipate you driving in weather. The car does have a weather data feed (you can pull up radar on the navigation), and if you lay in a trip route it does consider it.

That said, if it's 30 now it isn't figuring that it will be 55 in 2 hours.

Ford is testing "intelligent range" with Early Access cars. I can tell you that it is even more conservative from my limited use. I rarely put the trip into the car's navigation, using ABRP instead, and I don't know how much it affects the GOM when no route is planned.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
All those people that got their car this summer that live in places with winter will be posting soon. I went thru one winter so far, will be interesting to see what the range says for the 2nd winter.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
At 5F you may get 120 miles! Welcome to EV Ownership.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Could we sticky this post until spring?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When January is in full swing, and my 270 mile range GT is only getting 180 miles, I wonder how many complaints we will see on the forum? I think it will be a lot more than last year, because we have a lot more MME drivers out there. They will search, find this forum and then ask us if something is wrong with their car. I can't wait. But I hope we can hold back on the criticism, just a little. 👍

Walter, don't worry, we have your back. If you ever have an issue with your car, come here. Hopefully we will be civil and kind, but there are a lot of very helpful people here, some civil, some kind, some just jokesters.
The solution is to take the car to Florida for the winter. No mileage reduction.

problem solved

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Fall is my favorite time of year. The leaves are falling. Cozy sweatshirts. Snuggling under blankets at the bonfire. Hours of quiet time in the hunting stand. And entertaining questions about range loss. Life doesn’t get any better.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
I love this car, my 2022 Mach E Select. It's everything I wanted in an EV. I'm even comfortable with the range, which at 100 percent was between 219 and 225 miles when I acquired the car at the end of June. But I'm now losing miles!! For the past two weeks, a charge to 100 percent only gets me between 197 and 201 miles. It can't be the weather - it's still relatively warm and the car is garaged most of the time. Am I doing something wrong?? Any advice appreciated!
Your battery no worky
Sponsored