Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Well I finally got my MME on 4/6. Dealer called me and said it was in and I was there within 3 hours to pick it up. Bought mine from Antelope Valley Ford in Lancaster, CA. Traded in my 2016 Ford CMAX Energi with 188827 miles! Almost 4 years to the day that I bought the CMAX. That car was a road warrior. Only ever did oil changes, cabin filters, windshield wipers, and replaced the front struts. Still on original brakes due to regenerative braking.

Now on to the MME! I LOVE this car. I have waited nearly 18 months to get it and it didn't disappoint. I love the ride and handling. I love the screen and fit and finish. Coming from a CMAX the drivers front seat actually feels a little smaller (if you can believe it) but I think that is more about how they built the center console. In 3 days I already have over 400 miles on it and I picked it up with 12 miles. My daily commute from Lancaster, CA to Simi Valley, CA is 65 miles one way so I am going to put a TON of miles on this car.

My credit isn't the greatest (but not horrible) so I financed with Ford Credit at 7.70% for 75 mo. Was easy as this is my fourth Ford Credit loan. I bought the extended service contract, electric vehicle maintenance (cheap as hell but does give you a set of brakes), triple care, and ceramic coating. I also had them order wheel locks, and the Ford Front and Rear DashCam with infrared and sentry mode. I park in some bad neighborhoods when I am visiting friends in Los Angeles so wanted that security as well as I am on the road a lot.

Here are my pros and cons so far:

Cons First......

I am a tall AND wide guy. My right leg leans against the center console while I am driving. My knee does not hit the screen like other people but I may use some sort of double sided mounting tape to put some sort of cushioning there for my leg. I can't for the life of me get the seat where it is not pressing up against that. For now adaptive cruise is my friend as i don't have to have my leg there as much when on the highway.

CarPlay is VERY laggy sometimes. Sometimes it hangs and I have to unplug my phone and replug it back in. Im sure they will fix this with future updates. Could also be because I am running the IOS Developer Beta on my phone too. Will report these same bugs to Apple too.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like I am in a little bit of a tug of war with the steering wheel. Its like its Me vs the lane keeping system lol. I am sure this takes some getting used to.

Pros

The look of this car is 1000x better in person. Everything was as advertised.

The look from people who see it for the first time. I definitely agree with the person so said people almost side swipe you to get a glimpse on the highway.

Charging is easy and I can charge for work at free so I pretty much top off every day. will try an EA station soon.

I love the sound system. Sounds amazing.

I dont trust PAAK quite yet. Faraday bag arriving today from Amazon so I can try it but have my backup key just in case.

My favorite driving feature is Auto Hold. I dont know what my life was like before I tried that. lol.

Will come up with more as I drive more but I am DEFINITELY happy with my purchase. Going to dip the rims all black and tint the front two windows same color as back two.

Oh the dealer honored my X-Plan from Mustang Club of America.

MME Side.jpg
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well I finally got my MME on 4/6. Dealer called me and said it was in and I was there within 3 hours to pick it up. Bought mine from Antelope Valley Ford in Lancaster, CA. Traded in my 2016 Ford CMAX Energi with 188827 miles! Almost 4 years to the day that I bought the CMAX. That car was a road warrior. Only ever did oil changes, cabin filters, windshield wipers, and replaced the front struts. Still on original brakes due to regenerative braking.

Now on to the MME! I LOVE this car. I have waited nearly 18 months to get it and it didn't disappoint. I love the ride and handling. I love the screen and fit and finish. Coming from a CMAX the drivers front seat actually feels a little smaller (if you can believe it) but I think that is more about how they built the center console. In 3 days I already have over 400 miles on it and I picked it up with 12 miles. My daily commute from Lancaster, CA to Simi Valley, CA is 65 miles one way so I am going to put a TON of miles on this car.

My credit isn't the greatest (but not horrible) so I financed with Ford Credit at 7.70% for 75 mo. Was easy as this is my fourth Ford Credit loan. I bought the extended service contract, electric vehicle maintenance (cheap as hell but does give you a set of brakes), triple care, and ceramic coating. I also had them order wheel locks, and the Ford Front and Rear DashCam with infrared and sentry mode. I park in some bad neighborhoods when I am visiting friends in Los Angeles so wanted that security as well as I am on the road a lot.

Cons First......

I am a tall AND wide guy. My right leg leans against the center console while I am driving. My knee does not hit the screen like other people but I may use some sort of double sided mounting tape to put some sort of cushioning there for my leg. I can't for the life of me get the seat where it is not pressing up against that. For now adaptive cruise is my friend as i don't have to have my leg there as much when on the highway.

CarPlay is VERY laggy sometimes. Sometimes it hangs and I have to unplug my phone and replug it back in. Im sure they will fix this with future updates. Could also be because I am running the IOS Developer Beta on my phone too. Will report these same bugs to Apple too.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like I am in a little bit of a tug of war with the steering wheel. Its like its Me vs the lane keeping system lol. I am sure this takes some getting used to.

Pros

The look from people who see it for the first time. I definitely agree with the person so said people almost side swipe you to get a glimpse on the highway.

Charging is easy and I can charge for work at free so I pretty much top off every day. will try an EA station soon.

I dont trust PAAK quite yet. Faraday bag arriving today from Amazon so I can try it but have my backup key just in case.

My favorite driving feature is Auto Hold. I dont know what my life was like before I tried that. lol.

Will come up with more as I drive more but I am DEFINITELY happy with my purchase. Going to dip the rims all black and tint the front two windows same color as back two.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ok Finally My Turn!!!! MME Side
Looks awesome!

MYOUTH

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Proud Owner of a Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Cons First......

Pros

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ok Finally My Turn!!!! MME Side
Congratulations on your ME. I too have a 2016 Cmax Hybrid but only have 95000 miles on it What kind of trade value did you get with over 188000 miles Just curious what I might get for my Cmax once the ME comes in

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Great looking car...I hope your commute is infinitely more enjoyable!

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Congratulations on your ME. I too have a 2016 Cmax Hybrid but only have 95000 miles on it What kind of trade value did you get with over 188000 miles Just curious what I might get for my Cmax once the ME comes in
I got a whole whopping $250 for it. LMAO. Its cool didnt want to deal with paying it off and selling it myself. It has what I lovingly call "authentic battle damage" so I took the $250 and ran. LOL.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Fantastic!

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Cons First......

+1. Let me know what works for you, but I am considering the same thing. If you find something that works perfect for you please post back.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Obligatory This is the Way..

Glad to hear your 18 months of waiting are finally over!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I had 2014 CMax plug-in with 45,000 miles on it. Before going to the dealer, I got estimates from Carvana, CarMax, and Vroom. They came in at $9,600, $8,400, and $7,600. The dealer offered $5,600. Needless to say Carvana now owns my CMax. It's best to get an estimate from one of those, before talking to the dealer. If the dealer matches that or comes very close, great. If not, you can go with the best offer. Carvana guy came, looked at the car, made sure it starts, and handed me a check. The whole exercise took literally 5 minutes.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Enjoy your car! Great choice for commuting.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Awesome looking! It took me awhile to get used to my Honda Clarity's Lane Keeping system.

Was wondering why you haven't tried wireless Carplay?