Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
OK, you all know I've been on here for a long time, and very excited about my Mach-E. I finally got one after all the postponements and wait!

but after driving it for a while, it's clear it's not for me. Even though like most Americans, I almost never road trip, and like most BEV owners, I can and do charge at home, the Supercharger network is clearly a make or break thing for me. Proprietary is the way to go, baby!

Plus, I want to know that if something breaks on my car, there's a good chance I can find the replacement part at Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, whatever.

And I have no patience for software bugs... and Tesla is well-known for their completely bug free software.

and who can live without falcon wing doors? I mean come on now!

plus I'm told that I'll be able to rent my Tesla out as one of one million robotaxis by the end of 2020 - that is so very close that I've already built that in to my financial planning... it's kind of a requirement for me to afford the car actually.

and there's no Start button!

you may wonder, why wouldn't I just go Model Y? well, truth is, I need instruments in front of me - I mean, the car will fully self-drive of course, so it's redundant; I'll be sleeping in the car, with a weight tied to the steering wheel like any good Tesla owner, but I still like the safety blanket of a normal instrument cluster, so no Model Y it is, and I want something with interior cargo room, so an S won't cut it.

those of you that have been on here for a while and haven't Ignored me (I see you!) know that I can be counted on to provide screen shots of the purchase process. so those will be coming once I have them.

I look forward to sharing my joy with you all.

Who's going to come with me on this journey?

ps I know a good tattoo artist if you're interested - look at the great work I just had done:

Ford Mustang Mach-E ok, I give up, Model X it is 1617286726014
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm switching too. But I'm going with an Audi E-Tron. I found one from a dealer for $60. Not $60k, $60!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Everyone knows FORD = Fix or Recharge Daily. Therefore I'm already getting a Tesla Trade-in offer for my Mach-E premium 4X with 200 miles on it. They're offering me $29,000 -- which is so generous, I'm going to trade it for a model Y Performance and buy the $10,000 self driving vaporware twice.

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
OK, you all know I've been on here for a long time, and very excited about my Mach-E. I finally got one after all the postponements and wait!

but after driving it for a while, it's clear it's not for me. Even though like most Americans, I almost never road trip, and like most BEV owners, I can and do charge at home, the Supercharger network is clearly a make or break thing for me. Proprietary is the way to go, baby!

Plus, I want to know that if something breaks on my car, there's a good chance I can find the replacement part at Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, whatever.

And I have no patience for software bugs... and Tesla is well-known for their completely bug free software.

and who can live without falcon wing doors? I mean come on now!

plus I'm told that I'll be able to rent my Tesla out as one of one million robotaxis by the end of 2020 - that is so very close that I've already built that in to my financial planning... it's kind of a requirement for me to afford the car actually.

and there's no Start button!

you may wonder, why wouldn't I just go Model Y? well, truth is, I need instruments in front of me - I mean, the car will fully self-drive of course, so it's redundant; I'll be sleeping in the car, with a weight tied to the steering wheel like any good Tesla owner, but I still like the safety blanket of a normal instrument cluster, so no Model Y it is, and I want something with interior cargo room, so an S won't cut it.

those of you that have been on here for a while and haven't Ignored me (I see you!) know that I can be counted on to provide screen shots of the purchase process. so those will be coming once I have them.

I look forward to sharing my joy with you all.

Who's going to come with me on this journey?

ps I know a good tattoo artist if you're interested - look at the great work I just had done:

Ford Mustang Mach-E ok, I give up, Model X it is 1617286726014
I too am considering switching! I just can't handle driving without fart sounds. Although Patrick has been doing his best to help with that.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'm going back to a Focus Electric...miss that car ;)

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Everyone knows that there is just too much that goes wrong with software, so as soon as I get my MME I'm immediately trading it in for one of those true old school EV's that are guaranteed not to have any software bugs...

Ford Mustang Mach-E ok, I give up, Model X it is 1617288902208

Wallace

First Name
Sandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart
Country flag
So, it looks like, if you all read the bolded letters here, this is simply an April Fool's joke.
I didn't know, that in the US they celebrate as well the first of April fools... now I know, thank guys ??.
I returned also my Mach E order for a space X rocket... by far faster and better range than any EV... I received a good order from Elon, because I have as well a tattoo ?

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I have already got my trade in for my premium that has yet to arrive. I am going to go with a Volt since it is older technology and must be tried and true by now. I hear they are exhilarating to drive.
Sponsored