AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
There's all kinds of talk about massive discounts (some of which honestly feel very made up - as far as I know, @trutolife27 is the only one posting any actual evidence of discounts and they are a lot less than what some have claimed) and comfort and so on. it's all in that thread.
You're missing the point. The etron is more luxurious. And we keep saying the Mach E is like a Bugatti. It seems if you've ordered or own an e Tron you just sit there and try to annoy people. Or you go on about how fast it charges then say you're only going to charge at home anyway.

Seems like all the etron maniac can do is complain instead of getting out and enjoying his car like we do. Glad that by buying the mustang I can still afford to go to further away places with my extra range and cash.

Actually you're not missing the point because there isn't one.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I still don’t really understand all this e-tron talk, if there weren’t so few electrics out there for people to look at, these two vehicles aren’t even particularly competitive with each other. Like cross-shopping a Mustang Ecoboost Premium with an Audi A5 Premium coupe.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I still don’t really understand all this e-tron talk, if there weren’t so few electrics out there for people to look at, these two vehicles aren’t even particularly competitive with each other. Like cross-shopping a Mustang Ecoboost Premium with an Audi A5 Premium coupe.
you just have to let it go. and maybe ignore some people.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
There's all kinds of talk about massive discounts (some of which honestly feel very made up - as far as I know, @trutolife27 is the only one posting any actual evidence of discounts and they are a lot less than what some have claimed) and comfort and so on. it's all in that thread.
Discounts depend on negotiating skills and the amount of competition. There are big discounts on the etron in the NYC area and California that bring the price closer to the mach e than one would expect, and the lease or a premium/convenience is actually lower than the Ford options payment. In the NYC area one can easily get 8-9% off sticker before any Audi incentives which will reduce lease payments quite significantly l. You can also expect that the non GT Mach E versions will be heavily discounted once the initial pre orders are all filled and the vehicles are sitting around on dealer lots.

Last edited:

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Mach-E GT, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Your money, your choice. But a really boring looking car. No style. Boring colors. Ordinary wheels. Ridiculous gullwing doors. Poor quality interior. Teslas are the Model T’s of the EV World.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Your money, your choice. But a really boring looking car. No style. Boring colors. Ordinary wheels. Ridiculous gullwing doors. Poor quality interior. Teslas are the Model T’s of the EV World.
Can't have everything unless its a Mach E ?

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Think if I had millions I would get a model x plaid. That would be a beast of a car.
if I could I'd get two so I'd have high availability through manual failover. ;)

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
$
Discounts depend on negotiating skills and the amount of competition. There are big discounts on the etron in the NYC area and California that bring the price closer to the mach e than one would expect, and the lease or a premium/convenience is actually lower than the Ford options payment. In the NYC area one can easily get 8-9% off sticker before any Audi incentives which will reduce lease payments quite significantly l. You can also expect that the non GT Mach E versions will be heavily discounted once the initial pre orders are all filled and the vehicles are sitting around on dealer lots.
Two very good points. Of course Audi has to discount their $70k + vehicle, with a range of 218 miles. In 2020 they sold 47,000 of them., but the party is over.

Now people are hearing that there is a $55k +/- vehicle available that has a range of 300 miles. And if a range of 230 miles works for you, it can be had for $45k, before the $7,500 tax credit.

And when Ford gets their 50,000 MME's sold, we'll see the deals on the 2022's.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Think if I had millions I would get a model x plaid. That would be a beast of a car.
If I had millions, I’d still get the Mach-E today because I think it’s that special, but assuming this was several years ago, I’d definitely also have gotten the MX in 2016.

ReidB

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well, since my car is and always has been listed as a Ford Edge at the Ford owners site, perhaps the joke has been on me all along.
Has anyone ever found a fix for this? Mi e has always said an Edge as well...

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Well I have 2 Mach e's. One premium and one FE. I do not care about ANY other car. I got what I wanted. I have 6300 miles in 4 weeks time on my FE and I cannot say enough great things about it. If someone believes Musk or want another variant like the E Tron than go for it, but why would you come onto this forum?? Now that is what amazes me. I do NOT go onto other forums to state how great my car is. I do not need to. it was my choice and I made it so much that I bought my wife one. I have ZERO buyers remorse and made a road trip to just say I did it.
Sponsored