Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I got to drive an EQS 450 this weekend at an EV event for media (along with a Mach-GT, Audi GT, and others).

The EQS does look a bit better in person on the outside. The inside is just gorgeous and the level of luxury is just amazing. Driving impressions: quick (not super quick though, but good enough), very smooth, and extremely quiet. The turning radius was crazy good for a vehicle that size.

We have to edit all of our video footage and it may be awhile before we get it done (stupid day job getting in the way). I'll come back here and post the EQS video when it is done.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I had the opportunity to sit in one of these beauties last night at a neighboring EA charger. There's a test drive event this weekend at the King of Prussia Mall (PA) and another next Thursday-Saturday at the Tysons Corner Mall (VA near DC). I won't lie. I think I'd trade my Mach E for one. Of course, most folks would since it's twice the price!

Only about 20 of these in the US at this point and I saw most of them.

IMG_8746.jpeg

IMG_8749.jpeg

IMG_8748.jpeg

IMG_8750.jpeg

IMG_8752.jpeg
IMG_8751.jpeg
IMG_8757.jpeg
IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

IMG_8770.jpeg
IMG_8771.jpeg
IMG_8773.jpeg
Interior looks nice.

Exterior is a bland jellybean like every other uninspiring EV. The front end looks like a Hyundai Ioniq EV. Wouldn't be identifiable as a Mercedes without the huge emblems.

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
I grew up with Mercedes during the days when they were unreliable during damp weather (Germany...go figure). I am sure they are better now but the styling of this model is, in my mind, totally unremarkable. The logo may infer quality but it doesn't compensate for design.

Loving my MMe.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I drove one of these on Saturday night at the King of Prussia Mall (a decaying hellscspe of the worst the 1980s had to offer) by accident. A friend wanted to buy a new phone at the Apple Store and I stopped at the court in front of the decaying corpse of lord and Taylor to look. Next thing I knew, I was outside, being handed MB swag and signing up to drive one. My impressions: it’s very MB. Once perspective Tesla S drivers get in one of these, they’ll look at the crappy Tesla interior and go “huh? Why would I pay $100K plus for a Tesla?” It has very nice acceleration - they let me take it on a stretch where I could floor it and it was fun ? the screens, particularly the passenger screen is way too gimmicky (and I can already hear the Netflix crowd on here whining if you can’t watch Netflix on it ?) The sound system makes the Mustang Mach E b&o sound system sound like a 1960s AM transistor radio.
Would I get one? Nope. I’m definitely NOT the MB demographic. I don’t live in Malvern or St. David’s or Radnor, or Berwyn (well, technically…), or Wayne in a 5 bedroom home with a 4 car garage and I don’t work in a c-suite at a pharma or biotech, nor am a a partner at a consultancy or a big law firm. I’m not a member of the Urban League. I couldn’t afford the Heart Ball even if I wanted to go. My humble little Mustang Mach E is good enough for me. I don’t drink tea with my pinky extended ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agree. I was totally getting a Toyota Solara or VW vibe. They are going to have to do better with the exterior. It doesn't match the interior.
Yes, I was really impressed with the interior. Aerodynamics and styling really don't go together well. Similarly, I just saw drove next to a black Maserati Ghibli and the outside said meh.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
Interior looks amazing.

Exterior though? Meh. May be the ugliest Mercedes in the lineup. Definitely getting a “Honda Accord” vibe.

D8EED33C-861D-4B42-B739-7ECC0327E642.jpeg
B2D7C3DB-C796-453E-BDB8-51D0C4D4740C.jpeg
The Honda is better looking, except for the awful pinstriping. Does the mercedes really need a badge on the "grill" and the hood?

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like a sporty look. It’s too conservative for me. Nice car though. at that price range I might get an Audi etron GT or the Q4-50 Sportback.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Got to test drive the EQS today. I should say EQSs. My first drive was in a 450. I asked to try the 580 and only waited a few minutes for the second drive.

First of all, the 450 has a surface mounted screen like the Mach E but smaller. Not impressed with that. The ride is really smooth, though. I noticed lots of places where the Mach E is a little jerky in its transitions at the end of braking, stop and go, etc. The EQS is really smooth.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8801

Second test drive showed me what the EQS is really about. I'd never buy a 450. If I had the money to buy an EQS, it would be the 580 or nothing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8808

Much nicer interior. AND THAT SCREEN!

Dual motors in the 580 vs single in the 450. You could really feel the difference. Fast but refined. Finally, I could really feel the four wheel steering. Having just driven the 450, as soon as I made the first turn in the 580 I could feel the difference. I even went off the normal test drive route to flip a U turn. Amazing turning radius for a car of its length.

When I got back in Marlin that elegantly smooth, refined feeling was definitely not there. However, Marlin is a lot more fun to drive!

More eye candy:
Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8803

Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8804

Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8805

Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8809
Ford Mustang Mach-E OK, it's gorgeous: Mercedes EQS IMG_8810

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I dunno, maybe it's just that pictures don't do it justice, but I would not consider it "gorgeous". That all glass dashboard is a gimmick IMO, just like the lyriq's. It's "cool" at first, but the novelty will wear off and you realize it's just one stupendously expensive thing that is going to break.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Mercedes says it's 17.9' - good, but not crazy good. Four-wheel steering helps.
For a car that size, is impressive.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Mercedes says it's 17.9' - good, but not crazy good. Four-wheel steering helps.
Considering it's about 10 inches longer than a Tesla Model S, that radius is good. The size of this car is hard to see from the pictures.

I would consider the EQS or Lucid for a luxury sedan class vehicle.