Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I wave to all EVs, gotta support each other, but 90% of the time its confused seniors in an old Bolt or Leaf looking puzzled back at me.
Yeah I gave up waving to Tesla drivers, they really don’t care or probably don’t know why I’m waving
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Just yesterday I had my picture taken in the grocery store parking lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just yesterday I got my picture taken in the grocery store parking lot.
Yeah I had someone sneak a photo of mine in a parking lot the other day. But my area definitely not as many MME yet. But see more and more every week.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I recently finally got a wave back from another GT driver! As the Mach E gets more common, having a grabber blue GTPE has kept me from blending in (for better or worse).

I've come to the conclusion that most Mach E owners (and it turns out EV drivers) don't really care about cars lol The number of times I've waved or flashed my lights at an oncoming Mach E and only gotten blank stares is sad 😅

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I recently finally got a wave back from another GT driver! As the Mach E gets more common, having a grabber blue GTPE has kept me from blending in (for better or worse).

I've come to the conclusion that most Mach E owners (and it turns out EV drivers) don't really care about cars lol The number of times I've waved or flashed my lights at an oncoming Mach E and only gotten blank stares is sad 😅
Lately I think I might as well be driving a Honda Odyssey, so many blank stares haha

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had seen one on the way to work today, still rare but becoming more common place occurrences.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I like my Mach and so does my wife but when it comes down to it it is just a car.
This is true, but for some of us it is that plus much more. I'm a car nut, so every time I drive my Mach E it's exciting. I always look back at it as I walk away from the car (the true sign you bought the right vehicle). I do think most of the people who bought the Mach E are just getting transportation but I'm sure a fair number of us on this forum are enthusiasts.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, definitely true, as an introvert it helped me connect with people.
Only a few EV here in Fairbanks. I actually believe most people do not even notice. Now this winter when every ICE rig is producing a cloud they will notice for sure!

MachLovin

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Chevelle, 2015 Subaru , 2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
Drove to and from Savannah and loved seeing all the MMEs, but I am kind of missing the cool factor and no one waves back anymore 😭

My EA charging stop in Brunswick, Ga was full of ponies! It’s also interesting the demographics for the MME, both these cars were owned by women on road trips, great to see that and also many families.
80384850-9F2C-4C19-86F0-863EFC1A7AEA.jpeg
Drove to and from Savannah and loved seeing all the MMEs, but I am kind of missing the cool factor and no one waves back anymore 😭

My EA charging stop in Brunswick, Ga was full of ponies! It’s also interesting the demographics for the MME, both these cars were owned by women on road trips, great to see that and also many families.
80384850-9F2C-4C19-86F0-863EFC1A7AEA.jpeg

Don't worry I'll be sure to wave to a fellow Mach E driver ;)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
While I also am disappointed my car won't be unique for much longer, and charger congestion (not just from MMEs) is going to really suck, there is something good that comes from this: more aftermarket parts and accessories.

Personally I am waiting for "comfort" shocks, or adjustable ones from a company like Bilstein. They are more likely to be made when demand is higher, and demand will be higher the more MMEs are sold.

Bring on the aftermarket stuff, you greedy aftermarket car companies! I will give you my money!

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Iconic Silver Mach-E
Country flag
I overthink the wave every time. One time on a trip to legoland where they direct you to aisle and parking space there was a MME right next to me. We both looked like we wanted to say something but were too scared LOL. My husband rolls his eyes when I get excited and see one and doesn't get the excitement. I have def gotten a few waves and light flashes before and always reciprocate. Initiated a wave once or twice and got no acknowledgement. Some of those people who don't wave might be shy but some are def just rude who happen to share the same taste in a cool car :)

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Iconic Silver Mach-E
Country flag
Also, saw 3 MMEs charging at EA yesterday while I drove by in my Escape loaner 😭
I have never seen so many there when I drive by and it stung a little but also nice to see LOL
Sponsored