Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Still very rare here in Texas
depends WHERE you are in Texas.
My wife and I live in Austin and we see a lot of EV and there are a fair number of Mach E around. There are at least 2 2021 Rapid Red AWD EX premiums in my neigh-hood. One of them being mine.

That being said one comment my wife and I make to each other almost every time we leave Austin is how few EVs there are including Teslas. It is kind of a shocker to see one compared to Austin they are all over the place.

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Us WRX drivers throw peace signs at each other. I’ll be moving that trend to the MME once I have mine :). And I honestly don’t see that many of them yet in east bay CA area. Maybe 1 a week? Even if they become commonplace, compare it to how many Teslas you see here lol

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I wave, and I was super pumped to get a wave back last week from a Premium Rapid Red last week. Seeing 1 a week now vs. seeing 1 a month.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Us WRX drivers throw peace signs at each other. I’ll be moving that trend to the MME once I have mine :). And I honestly don’t see that many of them yet in east bay CA area. Maybe 1 a week? Even if they become commonplace, compare it to how many Teslas you see here lol
Same, my car wave is always a peace sign, my hippie neighbors got me doing it

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm waving now, but you probably won't see it from Oregon since you are on the other side of the country @Logal727

Mandragon

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium Mach-E
Country flag
Can I throw an idea out? If anyone has owned a Jeep Wrangler, you might know about "ducking". Basically if you have a rubber duck in your car and you see another jeep parked somewhere, you pass on the rubber duck. Can we do something similar with either plastic mustang horses or MME hotwheels?

As for too many on the road...here near Denver, I see one a week so it's still rare to me. Before deciding on an EV, MME specifically, I was considering a 4Runner...THOSE are EVERYWHERE!

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I get really excited when I am in my wife's Mach E and see another one. I usually just turn on my flashers for a quick second to acknowledge if we're passing side by side. Plus the rear sequential lights look really damn cool.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not seen any other MMEs at any chargers yet. I have seen several on the road and freeways. Only 1 has waved back that I saw.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xE HA/Range Rover Sport SVR/Audi A7
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Can I throw an idea out? If anyone has owned a Jeep Wrangler, you might know about "ducking". Basically if you have a rubber duck in your car and you see another jeep parked somewhere, you pass on the rubber duck. Can we do something similar with either plastic mustang horses or MME hotwheels?

As for too many on the road...here near Denver, I see one a week so it's still rare to me. Before deciding on an EV, MME specifically, I was considering a 4Runner...THOSE are EVERYWHERE!
We just got a Wrangler 4xE High Altitude last year and that's what drove us to go for an all electric Mach-E. Agreed on the ducking but not sure what item? We love to Duck but some fun haters really have a problem with it.

As for the "shy wavers," just make it a point to wave at ALL the other Mach-E's you see. Don't take it personally if they don't wave back. Assume positive intent on their part and that they just didn't see you!

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Living in Teslandia the E-Pony is still a rare breed AFAIC.

That being said, I was simultaneously thrilled and crest fallen when a Nacho GT showed up in the work parking lot. Thrilled to be able to talk about the similarities and differences, and crest fallen that I was no longer the solo untamed E-pony on the range.

Of course, unbeknownst to me there were prolly at least 2 other MMEs on the other side of the campus I never saw. 🤦‍♂️
I swear San Ramon has more Teslas per Capita than anywhere I've seen. Every time I go to that Fieldwork brewery off of Bollinger there's at least 40-50 between the parking garage and the Target superchargers. It's insane.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I say wave, eventually it will reach critical mass. Cycling is the same - I wave at everyone I pass, but some are trying so hard to look “pro” they don’t wave. But I figure the day I stop, I break the chain.

I’m still waiting for my replacement Premium to arrive (Oct apparently) but still wave to Mach-Es while I’m driving the Volvo - now *that* confuses people :)

Keep waving…
Sponsored