benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well, Looks like us in Oklahoma will be paying an extra $0.03/kwh for all public charging. No taxes on at home charging, so the per mile proposal wasn't chosen.

Interesting to note is that any station installed by November 2021, will not have taxes applied until 2042.

The legislation, if signed into law, levies a three-cent tax per kilowatt hour to charge an electric vehicle. However, there would be no tax for electric vehicles that charge at home, according to a State Senate news release.

The bill also seeks to do the following:

• Charge registration fees for electric vehicles based on the vehicle’s weight and type;
  • Provide an income tax credit for charging taxes paid, not to exceed the electric vehicle’s registration fee;
  • Exempts charging stations already operational by Nov. 1, 2021, from charging the tax until 2041;
  • Direct 85 percent of the revenue to the DRIVE fund for road and bridge infrastructure, which will supplement the state’s current ROADS fund, and 15 percent would be apportioned to counties for deposit in the county highway fund.

https://kfor.com/news/local/oklahom...-tax-energy-used-to-charge-electric-vehicles/
Sponsored

Shaggyrn

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2012 Ford Fusion, 2007 Exp. Sport Tr
Country flag
Will this then get rid of the fee for licensing an electric car in Oklahoma? "All-electric vehicle (EV) owners must pay an annual fee of $110 or a per-mile road use fee"

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Will this then get rid of the fee for licensing an electric car in Oklahoma? "All-electric vehicle (EV) owners must pay an annual fee of $110 or a per-mile road use fee"
I'm not sure on that. I know the fee started already. My brother had the fee in January on his renewal on his Bolt. So I'm guessing it's in addition to.

Any station put in before November won't have the tax added until 2041 though.
Sponsored