JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Someone suggested it so I'm starting a thread: Thought today was supposed to be OKTB.

Any news?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
What does this mean?
Means the car is sellable (has passed all tests/etc) - thus can be shipped from factory to dealers/customers/etc.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
My dealer explained that OKTB is basically a window... Ford is pretty good at new vehicle launches. He was told they set the early side of OKTB goal for mid November ... but with a two week buffer that runs through the end of the month (basically they are pretty confident they'll reach OKTB by Dec 1).

So based on my understanding, I'm not sure if it really is today per se ... but this is smack in the middle of the window. (I'm hoping it is today)

I'm keenly watching the forum to see if anyone (whose car was built) notices their vehicles shipping.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
My dealer explained that OKTB is basically a window... Ford is pretty good at new vehicle launches. He was told they set the early side of OKTB goal for mid November ... but with a two week buffer that runs through the end of the month (basically they are pretty confident they'll reach OKTB by Dec 1).

So based on my understanding, I'm not sure if it really is today per se ... but this is smack in the middle of the window. (I'm hoping it is today)

I'm keenly watching the forum to see if anyone (whose car was built) notices their vehicles shipping.
That is a realistic date. Your dealer is generally correct, though it is a target date not a window. The dealer sees it as a window because the actual date may not hit the target date. Kind of like October was the target date for Shadowlands OKTB.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Ok - so maybe it's time to start a side business making bows and ribbons (with mustang logos) to surround the soon to be delivered Mach-e(s) in holiday wrap! Should be here before the holidays.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I want to see pictures of MME being loaded onto planes, trains, and automobile(carriers).
S. is getting real now.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok - so maybe it's time to start a side business making bows and ribbons (with mustang logos) to surround the soon to be delivered Mach-e(s) in holiday wrap! Should be here before the holidays.
Sounds like a job for @Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I did do a Mach-E gift guide video today, but no ribbons or bows.

It does remind me of those car commercials where someone was "surprised" by a new car from their spouse with a bow on it. I always thought, those marriages must be rock solid because they knew their spouse well enough to pick out the car for them, or really bad because how do you just go and buy a car without talking it over.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
My wife told me a long time ago:

Don't ever be that stupid!

Good advice to all....

Maybe bring home a loaner from the dealer and then let her pick out what she really wants. Which is jewelry, not a car!!!

? ? ? ?

Jim

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I did do a Mach-E gift guide video today, but no ribbons or bows.

It does remind me of those car commercials where someone was "surprised" by a new car from their spouse with a bow on it. I always thought, those marriages must be rock solid because they knew their spouse well enough to pick out the car for them, or really bad because how do you just go and buy a car without talking it over.
The stupidest one IMO is the Toyota one where she supposedly unwraps the car, there is somebody in the car, and she says she will have it wrapped up for them o_O
Runner-up would be the one where he buys two identical looking full size Chevy pickups (daily drivers I assume) and she picks his color. Maybe they have stock in Exxon...

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The stupidest one IMO is the Toyota one where she supposedly unwraps the car, there is somebody in the car, and she says she will have it wrapped up for them o_O
Runner-up would be the one where he buys two identical looking full size Chevy pickups (daily drivers I assume) and she picks his color. Maybe they have stock in Exxon...
Its a little different: The GMC commercial the guy buys her an SUV and him a pickup and she picks the pickup.

Sponsored