Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I am just learning that the MME will only come with one key. The reason for this is that you can use Phone as a Key and the door code to get in and drive the car. This is a short video that shows that...

Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
There has been discussions on this topic buried in other threads.

For me personally, I would not carry the key around even if PaaK isn't available. I'll just use passcode for entry and to start the car. As a result, even if PaaK isn't reliable in the beginning, I'll not carry the key.

Some people prefer physical keys, and they may decide to order a second key.

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag

For me personally, I would not carry the key around even if PaaK isn't available. I'll just use passcode for entry and to start the car. As a result, even if PaaK isn't reliable in the beginning, I'll not carry the key.

I think I will use PAAK too and the code. One less key to carry the better. Just thought it was kind of a corner cutting measure to not give two keys. Tesla gives two of those cards lol. Oh well. Still not deterred. Love the car still gonna get it.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

Yeah, my hope is that PAAK is so reliable I will never need to use the passcode, but there's no way I'm carrying a fob around.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
I think they give 2 of those cards because there isn't a pincode method. If your phones dead you have to use the card, while the oFrd you can use a pincode.

I hope it is reliable though. No reviewers I've seen said otherwise so far. 1 thing i like about PAAK is that, my gf has access whenever she wants so I don't have to transfer her the keys if she wants to wait inside. Also, if she gets to the door first she doesn't have to wait around in the heat/cold.

Also do we know if Ford will autolock? I know you can manually lock it by touching the door button, but can you just walk away like a Tesla?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
The new owner from NorCal has said that PAAK has been unreliable so far. I expect any flakiness to be resolved within 6 months, but that is a complete guess. It also cannot be said the issues aren't specific to his phone, and will be seen with others. Bleeding edge here for Ford after all.

Nice job by the dealer on that front bumper cover! Yowza.

PaaK issues are the car does not always recognize the phone as a key. One time it wouldn't let me enter the vehicle, one time after I opened the vehicle it didn't recognize the phone as a key and would not let me start the vehicle. When that happens and I open up the Ford app, its clearly not connected.

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
The new owner from NorCal has said that PAAK has been unreliable so far. I expect any flakiness to be resolved within 6 months, but that is a complete guess. It also cannot be said the issues aren't specific to his phone, and will be seen with others. Bleeding edge here for Ford after all.
It’s pretty flaky on Tesla’s too. My boss frequently has to press the power button on her car to wake it up so Paak will work.....

OP
OP
lwilliams0514

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I think they give 2 of those cards because there isn't a pincode method. If your phones dead you have to use the card, while the oFrd you can use a pincode.

I hope it is reliable though. No reviewers I've seen said otherwise so far. 1 thing i like about PAAK is that, my gf has access whenever she wants so I don't have to transfer her the keys if she wants to wait inside. Also, if she gets to the door first she doesn't have to wait around in the heat/cold.

Also do we know if Ford will autolock? I know you can manually lock it by touching the door button, but can you just walk away like a Tesla?
Very good question..... I wonder....

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
PIN Code at the Door allows entry. Can one start the car and drive w/o PaaK or Fob?

Believe there's a backup Passcode that can be used to start the car?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hmmm, so maybe not 6 months then ;) Just seems like one of those bits of tech that can be problematic, especially with a new model/platform.

It’s pretty flaky on Tesla’s too. My boss frequently has to press the power button on her car to wake it up so Paak will work.....

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You set a secondary code to start the car from the center screen.

PIN Code at the Door allows entry. Can one start the car and drive w/o PaaK or Fob?

Believe there's a backup Passcode that can be used to start the car?

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
I'm in Las Vegas... If you don't use a fob, how do you Valet Park?

Seem like a minor point, but I can name many occasions where you must valet park.
Sponsored