Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I contacted my dealer today to cancel my order and ask for a refund of my deposit. I was told that they cannot issue the deposit but rather I would need to get in touch with Ford and they would do it. Now this is not an issue of them not wanting to return my deposit, but they say that Ford has to issue the refund because Ford was the one who charged my credit card! I showed them the item from my credit card statement with the charge made to them, but they are not convinced. I'm sure in the end I'll get the refund, but this another example of the on-line order system creating confusion for some dealers, even the good one like this one.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I contacted my dealer today to cancel my order and ask for a refund of my deposit. I was told that they cannot issue the deposit but rather I would need to get in touch with Ford and they would do it. Now this is not an issue of them not wanting to return my deposit, but they say that Ford has to issue the refund because Ford was the one who charged my credit card! I showed them the item from my credit card statement with the charge made to them, but they are not convinced. I'm sure in the end I'll get the refund, but this another example of the on-line order system creating confusion for some dealers, even the good one like this one.
Yeah one more confused dealer