Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
So I have been driving a Tesla model S since its original release. I am on my second one and have 75000 miles on it in 5 years. It’s a great vehicle, and i have loved every minute of my ownership. So why am I selling it for my Grabber Blue GTPE? Many reasons, but today illustrates how frustrated I have become with Tesla. First of all, my motorized door handle on the passenger side front door stopped working. This is a common occurrence. However, now out of warranty, this will cost $450 to fix/replace. This will be a wear and tear part on all 4 doors that will continually need expensive repair. Ok, so Tesla service used to be great, I could call them, and they would drive a loaner to me, pick mine up at work, and bring back whenever ready. Now, impossible to reach a human being, you schedule through the app. So I did that, and two weeks later waiting for the ranger to come to my house as scheduled for my $450 repair, having taken the day off work to be available I receive a message 3 hours before my appointment via the app. “The part is on order and won‘t be available until june 1 so we have rescheduled you for june 2”. Thats it. How could they not know they don’t have this part available and why wasnt one put aside for me?

Bottom line is, I for this and so many other reasons am thrilled to get my MME. No handle to break, regular service personell to actually be able to talk to and call and no app to replace any and all communication. That and a savings of $600/month in ownership... Now all I need is my build date to be announced as I reserved in november of 2019...
Sponsored