FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
When I take the Mach E (Premium, AWD, LR,) out for the first time of the day with it in Unbridled Mode/one pedal drive and accelerate to 65-70 mph and let go of the accelerator the car and steering wheel shake as though there is a warped rotor/rotors. It's actually pretty bad. Only 3000 miles on the car.

After driving a while this issue seems to go away. Not sure why it would go away when it warms up.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
There is no rust on your brakes? Try a one time serious brake test, see if the discs are running free after that

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
At that speed the car shouldn't be engaging the brakes, especially in 1-P mode. That should all be regen.

Do you have the lane assist on and happen to go near the edge of the road? Lane assist will shake the steering wheel like you're on rumble strips. Try turning off lane assist.

OP
OP
FME

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
I did have lane assist on but wasn't near the lines. I'll give it a try without lane assist.

OP
OP
FME

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Any volunteers out there willing to give this a try?

Need to do it before the car warms up. First drive of the day.
Just put it in unbridled, select one pedal drive, accelerate to 50-60 mph and then let go of the accelerator.

Let me know if you feel the the steering wheel pulsating and the car shakes as if there's a warped rotor. I know it's not the rotors because it doesn't do it with normal braking. It something to do with the regenerative braking.

Thanks to anyone who tries this.

OP
OP
FME

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Anybody?

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Infinate Blue
Occupation
Data Management Manager
Country flag
Any volunteers out there willing to give this a try?

Need to do it before the car warms up. First drive of the day.
Just put it in unbridled, select one pedal drive, accelerate to 50-60 mph and then let go of the accelerator.

Let me know if you feel the steering wheel pulsating and the car shakes as if there's a warped rotor. I know it's not the rotors because it doesn't do it with normal braking. It something to do with regenerative braking.

Thanks to anyone who tries this.
I have done this and did not notice anything strange. I would second the lane-keeping rumble if it is turned on. I have never seen any difference in driving once it is 'Warmed up'. I don't see how that would make a difference in the regen braking. Did you try taking the 1 petal driving off along with lane-keeping disabled and see if it does the same when depressing the brake? It should perform regen breaking unless you press down on it hard so maybe it would be replicated.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I use 1 pedal all the time. Engaged mode gives me no such behavior cold or warm. I live on the side of a hill so my car gets regen seconds after leaving my driveway.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
No rumbling, it just makes me feel like a student driver, it's too damn jerky.

I need to go full spongebob 1 toe accel and decel to not have it jump upon removing my foot from throttle.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
No issues. Just went on a road trip and floored it to 140km on an onramp in unbridled mode. Amazing acceleration, no shakes or noise.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I have a slower commute to work. Sometimes I will still have the flash rust on the rear rotors, never on the fronts. Seems one peddle uses the fronts on my 2wd. Never any wobble.

On the wifes Explorer there is bit of cold brake wobble,. But no worries, I got the lifetime brake deal at "Just Brakes" about a week before they got bought out by PepBoys. ?

OP
OP
FME

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Thank you guys.

I was going to buy this demo car which is exactly what I ordered but this issue is concerning.

I have an expected delivery at the end of July so I'll probably just wait.

OP
OP
FME

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
No issues. Just went on a road trip and floored it to 140km on an onramp in unbridled mode. Amazing acceleration, no shakes or noise.
It's the deceleration when releasing the accelerator where I'm getting the shudder. It shakes really bad. Has to be something with the regen. Then it goes away after driving a while in one pedal mode.

CarbonizedHex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
This happened to me one time, the battery was at full capacity. It was almost as if the regen braking didn't want to regen brake... once the car got a percentage or two down into the 90s it returned to normal.

I know the Mach-E is supposed to turn off charging at 100%, but it certainly made me think it was acting funny with regen braking due to having a full SOC.

OP
OP
FME

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
This happened to me one time, the battery was at full capacity. It was almost as if the regen braking didn't want to regen brake... once the car got a percentage or two down into the 90s it returned to normal.

I know the Mach-E is supposed to turn off charging at 100%, but it certainly made me think it was acting funny with regen braking due to having a full SOC.
Thanks for that information.
You might be on to something.

Both times I noticed this the car was charged to 100% and as drove it, battery percentage went down and issue went away.

Actually the last time I drove it the percentage was 100% and showed like 320 miles remaining. I was thinking that's a lot better than advertised. The last person to drive it must of been very easy on it.

Makes sense… 100% charge and trying to force more into the battery. It doesn’t like it. Now I think I read something about this before.
Sponsored

Last edited: