One Pedal Driving (Adjusting Brakes/Regen?)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
What is max regen (in kW) when you let off the accelerator in 1pd and what is it on the brake pedal?

Anyway to see real-time regen kW and real-time mechanical brake pressure? Maybe via obd-2?

L has no effect when in unbridled 1-p mode

I got a ODB2 and CarScanner app to measure output and regen power because there is no direct readout of kW output/regen real time on the dash.

I have awd Select, and near as I can figure I get about 190kW output max, and pretty close to 80kW regen max when letting off the accellerator completely in unbridled mode.

with a little practice you'll be able to judge stopping distance from various speeds in 1-p mode, and rarely have to touch the mechanical brake except for surprise light changes...
Sponsored

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yes unbridled and 1PD on....was not impressed as compared to yesterday. Only difference is colder weather.
I have a Bolt and now the MME FE. I use unbridled mode and 1 pedal driving. The MME does not slow down quite as fast as the Bolt but certainly fast enough. I am used to the difference now and can drive for 2 hours with rarely ever needing to press the brake pedal. Certainly need to be good at judging speed and distance required to stop in time. Get used to starting to slow down earlier while feathering the accelerator pedal.

Think of the accelerator pedal as a brake pedal. Don't just let go fully of pressing it.