One Pedal Driving Hiccups in Reverse

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This has happened three times to me in the past 6mos / 7,500mi. I keep the car in OPD, but a very few times the OPD has failed to engage the regenerative braking while in reverse. It’s a safety issue, as I’m obviously expecting my car to slow dramatically on its own, and instead it rolls backward at a much higher rate of speed. It has only happened in reverse for me

has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sure it did not load the wrong car profile?

I don't think I've ever driven my car with OPD turned off. I did have it turn its self off one day when I went to back out of the garage though. Was only after a few days of owning it, so I'm not sure if it was a profile issue or something else as I did not have an understanding on how it worked then.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It wasn’t that because the OPD resumed when I started moving forward.

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
It wasn’t that because the OPD resumed when I started moving forward.
Hasn't happened to me but I'd like the ability to turn off OPD for reverse only and just use it for drive. I personally find it more difficult to go backwards with it on.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye out for it when reverse now.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Holy cow, it seems like this JUST started happening to me. I reverse into my garage and the last week when I let go of the pedal it rolls an extra few inches and I have to slam the brakes, as its already pretty tight since I park on the water heater side. I don't know why it does it... so odd. I'm obviously only going a few MPH, so OPD should instantly stop it... it certainly used to.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE AWD Premium SR
Country flag
I have this happen when my car crosses from my driveway to my street, and often proceeds to roll until I use the brake pedal.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Never happened in the first 9 months of ownership, but began to sporadically happen around 3 months ago for me.

I’ve tried to figure it out, and my GUESS (until you posted) was that maybe I didn’t buckle my seatbelt until after I was in-motion while in reverse, and this somehow caused the 1PD to not engage.….

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE AWD Premium SR
Country flag
It seems to be bump-induced. I encounter the similar when going forward into a specific business parking lot near me. The ramped entrance, attacked at an angle, causes the 1-pedal to disengage until the bumpiness has subsided. But in reverse, the 1-pedal never reengages on its own.
Sponsored