One Pedal driving Mach-E? Are you a fan?

Are you a fan of one-pedal driving?

• Total voters

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
I have to say I'm somewhere in the middle, I like the idea of it, and if it meant better regeneration I would try it. I didn't vote - because I wanted to select both or a - hmm, lemme try it first...
Sponsored

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Here's a quick read on brake by wire. It does sound like if you push hard enough you get a mechanical connection. Very cool. Brake By Wire

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious, have you tried doing this in your Model 3?

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious, have you tried doing this in your Model 3?
Why am I not surprised that you won't answer this question? You never answer any question that is specific about the 3; you just post some crap you find on the internet.

First off, you wouldn't make a comment above if you actually had ever driven a 3. Why are you trying to tell the folks on this forum you have a 3, when you clearly don't? Why do I ask that? Let's just look at the three most obvious, stupid, mistakes you've made.

First: The above quoted post. If you actually had a 3 and tried to do what you suggest, you'd get thee warning tones and a warning message that you couldn't miss. You can't miss it because it's right by that green regen line you claim to be looking at. It states simply that you've pressed both pedals and motor power has been cut. It's not possible to press the brake pedal and the accel pedal simultaneously and maintain speed in the Model 3. You'd know that if you actually tried it in a 3, which you claim to own. Not to mention your post flies in the face of physics.

Second: You've stated previously that max speed selectable in off freeway autopilot driving is the speed limit. If you had ever driven a 3 you would know that to be false. The max CC speed is 5 mph above the speed limit in that scenario. You get a message that pops up and tells you that.

Third: You tried to claim that one of the issues with the 3 was having to shift with the display. It's not possible to drive the 3 even once without figuring out the shifting is handled by the right stalk on the steering wheel and has nothing to do with the display.

I could go on, but why? Why are you claiming to own a Model 3 when you obviously don't?

Last edited:

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oops, another swing and a miss from LYTMCQ. See, if you really owned a Model 3, you'd know you get 3 quick beeps in succession, a pause, and then the whole sequence repeats for as long as you have both pedals depressed. Why are you lying about owning a Model 3? What are you hoping to achieve by deceiving the folks on this forum?

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know you can do your battle with private messaging with each other.
I'm done with him. Don't feed the trolls as they say. I kept it public because everyone on this forum deserves to know they are being deceived by a forum member.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not relevant at all. If you actually saw the alert, you'd know it also says that motor power has been cut. (Or reduced if you aren't moving.) So yes, obviously energy used drops to zero. Not because the brake pedal is activating regen. Because power to the motor has been cut. And if you had ever actually done this while driving a 3, you'd note that it is impossible to maintain speed as you claim. Why? Because, yes, motor power has been cut. Enough of this drama.

No the Model 3 does not have brake by wire. I'm curious if the Mach-e will have BBW, or will Ford go the same route as Tesla? Maybe they'll one up both Tesla and Porsche and do both BBW and have one pedal driving available as an option.

Lukas

Administrator
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstek
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
I have to say I'm somewhere in the middle, I like the idea of it, and if it meant better regeneration I would try it. I didn't vote - because I wanted to select both or a - hmm, lemme try it first...
Over 90% voted yes so far. I'm surprised but it looks like 1 pedal driving is a generally accepted or preferred method of driving now. Still it's good to see that it be turned off for the small group that prefer traditional 2 pedal operation.

In my experience with it I've preferred one pedal driving as the driver but don't like the experience as a passenger. As a passenger if the driver isn't smooth with lifting off the throttle it can lead to a herky jerky and uncomfortable ride experience where you feel like you're either always accelerating or braking.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What you are describing is impossible. Period. Unless we just throw out the laws of physics. Unless you're going down a steep hill. So I doubt very much you ever tried this, as what you describe would not happen. You've read about it on the internet, and since your grasp of physics is severely lacking you misunderstood what you read. Regardless, even if the author of the internet post you read was going down a steep hill, the reason that the energy usage shows zero is that the power to the motors is cut when the brake pedal is depressed. No power to the motors, zero energy usage. Duh. And unless you're going down a steep hill, when you press both pedals you will slow down. Are you really so oblivious that you can't understand that? Do you really think you've discovered perpetual motion, or are you just being a Troll?

Stop being a troll and let this thread return to it's original subject. If you insist on continuing to make a fool of yourself, start a new thread.
Sponsored