Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
For those experienced with one pedal driving, Normally when going downhill in my gas hybrid, i keep my foot off the pedal and glide down the hill. But with one pedal, foot off brake makes the car come to a stop. So how does that work?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
For those experienced with one pedal driving, Normally when going downhill in my gas hybrid, i keep my foot off the pedal and glide down the hill. But with one pedal, foot off brake makes the car come to a stop. So how does that work?
Depends on the car and how steep the hill is.

The Bolt's owner's manual even says that it won't come to a complete stop on a hill.

Ford Mustang Mach-E One Pedal Driving Question for going downhill 1611460333177

Ah the Mach-E has the same warning in its owner's manual:
Ford Mustang Mach-E One Pedal Driving Question for going downhill 1611460506478

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
If the MME doesn't come to a stop on the hills around where I live, as my Bolt does, I'll be bugging Ford's OTA department to fix it. The bolt, which is lighter, regens at up to 70kW.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Turn off 1PD and hit the L button if you want strong regen going down a hill but don’t want to come to a stop.
I actually believe activating one pedal driving or entering L do not do anything different. Page 173 of the manual says “Entering low (L) does not take any actions if one pedal drive is active.”

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I actually believe activating one pedal driving or entering L do not do anything different. Page 173 of the manual says “Entering low (L) does not take any actions if one pedal drive is active.”
They are different. 1PD applies max regen when lifting off the accelerator and can mix in friction brakes if necessary to come to a complete stop. L applies less and won’t bring you to a stop, which is why it won’t do anything if you’re already in the stronger 1PD mode.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
They are different. 1PD applies max regen when lifting off the accelerator and can mix in friction brakes if necessary to come to a complete stop. L applies less and won’t bring you to a stop, which is why it won’t do anything if you’re already in the stronger 1PD mode.
That sounds reasonable to me, but do you know if Ford has detailed the specifics of each in terms of how strong regen is? I could not find anything in the manual.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That sounds reasonable to me, but do you know if Ford has detailed the specifics of each in terms of how strong regen is? I could not find anything in the manual.
Nothing in terms of exact kW of regen power or anything like that. I think it’s really something we’re just going to have to feel for ourselves.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
One pedal and L together should be stronger than either alone. It’s number 132 on my OTA request list.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
One pedal and L together should be stronger than either alone. It’s number 132 on my OTA request list.
You already have 132 items in OTA updates?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
But 1PD already applies max regen. You can’t get stronger than that.
If it’s +200kW then I agree, if it’s not then they can make it stronger. It’s only max because they set it there.
I think about how much regen I would want an a track day. That would be up to the antilock limit.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
But 1PD already applies max regen. You can’t get stronger than that.
Does it though? The car should be able to regen as much as it can accelerate. I would imagine that they wouldn't want you to always slam on the brakes every time you take your foot off the accelerator.

I don't think it does as one of the more recent reviews mentions that he can apply more regen by brushing against the brake pedal in 1-P mode.

(The Bolt's max regen in 1-P mode is .2G and then if you hit the paddle behind the steering wheel you get up to .4G.)
Sponsored