kayzoqueen

First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E GT, Jaguar F-Type, Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
How long did it take you to learn 1PD? I have never tried it and am curious if it is hard to learn/popular as I await my new MachE. :)
Sponsored

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
1 day. I learned to really like it after a week. The car doesn't porpoise nearly as much with it on when stopping. If you want to try something that is about 20% of 1 pedal:

Turn One Pedal OFF
When you select Drive press the "L" button in the center of the selector dial. It acts like a neutral brake for hill descents, however in daily driving it acts like a very lite brake.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How long did it take you to learn 1PD? I have never tried it and am curious if it is hard to learn/popular as I await my new MachE. :)
Both my wife and I (ages 76 and 69) were comfortable with it in less than hour.

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
I got comfortable after a short drive or two. Its really easy to get into. Just dont forget that you have a brake pedal. šŸ˜

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
About 2 hours. I do recommend going downtown, or someplace weā€™re the speed limits arenā€™t all that high and the stoplights are frequent.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Like others, both my wife and I were comfortable after a few stops at a stop sign. Now itā€™s on all the time on both of our profiles. Getting back into my ICE Jeep is weird and I wish it had engine braking option like the MME.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Iā€™m a creature of habit and donā€™t adapt to new things well or quickly. 1 pd was extremely easy to get used to. About an hour of driving did it. Hardest part was modulating the pedal without having to hit the brake pedal. Like was said above, donā€™t forget you still have a brake pedal.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
It only takes a few min to get the hang of it but it does appear that some people on this forum have issues with the fine movements that it takes to be smooth.
I would say donā€™t use it as an on/off switch. You gradually reduce the force on the pedal to stop. Practice Slowlyapplying The accelerator until the brakes release but the vehicle doesnā€™t move, certain people seem to have a big issue not getting the vehicle to lurch forward.
Also, tell yourself itā€™s engine(motor?) braking and not a brake pedal. Some people have gotten confused with pedals lately lol.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Doesn't take long, but I think it's a mental mindset of whether you want to use it or don't. If you are resistant to adjusting to learn it (which takes a couple drives), you might not want to and find reasons to not like it.

I can't live without it and would probably cross out any car without it (I think the ID.4 has very weak 1PD, maybe they can software fix it).

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Start on straights when there are no one around and no cars in front or behind you. Practice stopping at a stop signs/ right turns. Keep doing that for a few days. When other cars start coming around, you can easily switch back if you are uncomfortable. When 1PD is active an Icon appears on your dash.

1PD Reminds me of when I rode motorcycles just easing off the throttle and relying on engine braking.

I use 1PD all the time. Used 2PD the first two weeks when I first got the car. Then I started slowly changing between the two.

Remember you can still use your brake pedal. Nothing wrong with that. I still use brake pedal when I have.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
About 10 minutes. Iā€™ve never had such a thing until I got my MME last May. By the time I got on the cross island highway from the dealer, I was used to it.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Well, I majored in 1PD in college, but I took AP 1PD in high school, so I guess you could say five years. Oh, wait, that was macroeconomics. Never mind.

One pedal driving took about a minute. It's easy ;)

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Never. I find it fatiguing to constantly feather the throttle, so I drive in L most of the time - much more natural pedal feel for me (it's like driving in "sport" mode in regular automatics).
Sponsored