One-pedal fault - anyone seen this?

ordel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Just got an error message on the instrument screen: "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed"

Restarted the car, the message went away.

The car is set to use 1 pedal driving. When the message was on the screen, the 1 pedal driving was clearly not working.

Anyone seen this?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just got an error message on the instrument screen: "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed"

The car is set to use 1 pedal driving. When the message was on the screen, the 1 pedal driving was clearly not working.

Anyone seen this?
Nope.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How cold was it at the time, and was the battery at 100%? It could be that it was informing you the battery was too cold and/or too full for it to be able to use regenerative braking (ie nowhere to put the power).

Purely speculation on my part, BTW. I've never noticed that message but I haven't been driving a lot either.

OP
OP

ordel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Thanks, but that is not the cause (the 1-pedal driving was working for about a mile, then suddenly the error popped up). Not as cold as it has been, either. Interestingly, 1-pedal driving even works at 100% SOC, which is different than the Tesla approach.

Here's what the error looked like.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.59.05 PM.png

Reactions: UW2

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

OP
OP

ordel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Yes, now that you mention it, that's the exact scenario in which it happened. I'm an EV veteran who has owned multiple models and have not experienced this before with any other car. Teslas even let you switch from R to D if you're in motion.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yeah, I have owned multiple EVs as well and never had an issue. In my Fusion Energi I used to be bored and would literally put it into reverse and back to drive rocking back and forth. Now I haven't done that with this car, but it should be able to do that without causing a fault.

It sounds like yet another logic bug in the software that they didn't see in their testing. My guess is it will be a solid 1-2 years before all of these bugs are fully worked out. It was expected, but I am just slightly disappointed there are this many bugs.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Anyone seen this?
Yes. Once. When driving with the fault, adaptive cruise would also yield an error as "not available." Restarted the car and it worked okay on restart.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Yes. Once. When driving with the fault, adaptive cruise would also yield an error as "not available." Restarted the car and it worked okay on restart.
Saw the One Pedal Fault about 100 miles into a trip today. However one pedal regen continued to work despite the fault showing on the info screen.

Adaptive Cruise would not engage [nor would Intelligent Cruise which was what I had been using. IC had worked as described throughout the drive until that point.]

Waiting to see if it resets when I head out again.

AAD31F64-022B-4214-B73A-8F6824D61604.jpeg

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Saw the One Pedal Fault about 100 miles into a trip today. However one pedal regen continued to work despite the fault showing on the info screen.

Adaptive Cruise would not engage [nor would Intelligent Cruise which was what I had been using. IC had worked as described throughout the drive until that point.]

Waiting to see if it resets when I head out again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E One-pedal fault - anyone seen this? AAD31F64-022B-4214-B73A-8F6824D61604
Too funny. I had the same exact issue in the same order. 1 pedal fault, then next day no ACC... My ACC started working the next morning though and has been fine since.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i have all these errors and more. Car in shop seems it is a bad module

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i had already had the software/module update done and had this come up on a rare rainy day while pulling into a parking garage parking space. not sure if it was related to switching gears, but do know it was a bit scary because i was used to the 1PD regen doing the braking but instead the car coasted like an ICE car....so i had to use the brakes to slow myself down. crazy how fast you get use to 1PD. hasn't flashed or come up again

KimC

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Physical therapist
Country flag

Anyone seen this?

KimC

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Physical therapist
Country flag
i had already had the software/module update done and had this come up on a rare rainy day while pulling into a parking garage parking space. not sure if it was related to switching gears, but do know it was a bit scary because i was used to the 1PD regen doing the braking but instead the car coasted like an ICE car....so i had to use the brakes to slow myself down. crazy how fast you get use to 1PD. hasn't flashed or come up again
We had our car 4 days... drove 250 miles... using 1PD coming downhill in Sequoia national park... the system failed... every warning light came on and told us to stop safely immediately... someone told us "sparks or flames" were coming out of the rear tire and the noise was horrendous... all electronics failed and once in park could not shift of park to have it towed.
it's been 2.5 weeks and still no idea if/ when the necessary computer part will be available. Ford has been pretty non responsive... VERY frustrating. Broke my rule about never buying 1st model of any car. Repair parts do not exist. We reserved Dec 2019... ordered July 2020 and received match 31, 2021

Attachments

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I got that once in an early ride. I stopped the car turned it off and back in and the 1pedal drive was fine again.
Sponsored