Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
OK, I know many of you know that Ford has an online checkout now with the Mach-E, and there were some very early mock-up pictures last year. Some folks have mentioned parts of it but as far as I know, nobody has done a full set of pictures. I have a car now, and I did the online checkout. I took screenshots, which I have since scrubbed a bit and watermarked. Here's the full set.

First, you start at the reservation page, as usual.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (1)

you select the reservation in question

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (2)

and notice the status on top shows "Complete Purchase / Ready". My experience was that it did not light up until overnight - my car had arrived at the dealer Wednesday morning, about 10:45 am, but this process wasn't available until Thursday morning. LIke many of you, I had access to X Plan, so I checked that box, and scrolled down some so you could see the details.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (3)

I was asked to confirm my account information (remember I'm signed in to get this far!) because it impacts taxes and offers...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (4)

continued on next post (don't want to do too many big pictures on one post :) )

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Since I had checked the AXZ checkbox, I was asked for my PIN, which I had handy in my e-mail. There are other threads on here about how to get X-Plan but ways include through a partner employer, the Mustang Club of America, the Experimental Aircraft Association, and to be a Ford stock shareholder. Details on all of these on other threads. Anyway, I put in my PIN.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (5)

confirmed that yes I was going to use it

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (6)

this showed my X-Plan price and my PIN

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (7)

(edit: I just noticed that there is a $600 difference in the price and the due - so the site picked up my $500 deposit and $100 ADAS credit immediately - that's very nice!)

Scrolling down are the payment method choices. I did Options so the "Apply for Financing" option was right for me. I don't know if you could pay the lump sum fully online (I guess I could have tried that process but I was afraid it would get to a point of no return). No Options incentive showing yet because I hadn't told it I was doing Options yet so that's fair.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (8)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I hadn't selected a payment option yet - I wanted to see the other parts of the screen - so this says "Cash" right now. Mainly I wanted to go through the "Trade in" process - I wasn't going to trade in my car but in the interests of curiosity and to help you all out, I went through it... but first I have the other sections open just so you can see them...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (9)

this is the "Trade in" section...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (10)

This is the "Charging" section - not much there really right now. I expect the Connected Charger will show there once it exists again...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (11)

then "Protection Plans" aka "Extended Warranty"...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (12)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Next up are "Accessories" - I have more pictures of that in a little bit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (13)

Then "taxes and fees" which will populate more later.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (14)

ok time to actually do this thing! Here's the finance screens for traditional...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (15)

Ford Options...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (16)

Last edited:
Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
and the lease screen, such as it is. remember that Ford isn't expecting a lot of RCL (in fact if you go back in the forum far enough you'll see people losing their minds over not having that option originally) so this is reasonable to me, that they put this part off in the interests of getting a "minimally viable product" out there...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (17)

setting the actual Options setup I wanted warned me it would potentially change other things and that was fine...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (18)

I then got my Options offer and my ADA discount.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (19)

Moving on this is what the extended warranty options look like. The pricing on these honestly was not great - I assume they were dealer-influenced. I chose to pass on these because I was pretty sure I could do a lot better afterwards.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (20)

Last edited:

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OK next is trade-in. As I said earlier I wasn't actually trading in my car but I wanted to show you the process and I wanted to see if what I was offered was a fair and competitive offer... I had my VIN handy (hint: if you are doing this and your VIN isn't handy, you might find it convenient to sign in to your car insurance web site, where I'm sure you can find the VIN to copy and paste) and it found the proper car:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (21)

I was then asked about the trim, which apparently isn't encoded in the VIN (weird) and my mileage... I thought color was weird to ask but I guess it's possible I repainted the car or something.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (22)

I was then asked to confirm features, which I did. (How would a Fusion have "Power sliding doors"? seems like a weird question.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (23)

and then my assessment of the car's condition. I believe "Good" is appropriate so I picked that...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (24)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I answered some other questions...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (25)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (26)

and got my trade-in appraisal:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (27)

I did a CarMax appraisal online (I looked at Carvana and Vroom but I think they both wanted me to jump through extra hoops first? I forget now) and it was within a few hundred dollars, so I believe this was a fair offer. I declined at this point though because as I said I wasn't really doing it - I just love all of you enough to show it :)

anyway I moved on to Accessories... I suspect many will be curious about the dashcam option so here's the details on that one:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (28)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (29)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
there's a bunch of options available; if you've looked at the accessories.ford.com site, these will look familiar to you. The "charge bag" is actually talked about on a thread here since I bought one, and there's a few threads on the all-weather mats.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (30)

wait, what's the last option?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (31)

it's a basic PPF offering for the frunk hood!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (32)

OK well I picked the PPF and the wheel lock kit, which then were added to my total. You may find yourself asking "okay how did that work at your dealer when you picked up?" and the answer is... it didn't. I have literally no idea how this hooks up with the dealer side, but... my dealer was really, really awful it turns out (I'll do the normal "I got my car!" thread at some point and talk about it there). I suspect Ford just told them "he wants these, order them, include it in the write-up". It was a nice idea, though :) Time to actually do the "checkout" :) A nice confirmation summary... notice the deposit correctly indicated in the lower right:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (33)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I filled out the credit app with my choices for Options - notice the details in the upper-right showing the APR, the balloon, the mileage, etc., and my BMV estimated fees in the lower-right:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (34)

There was then a 90 second "we're working on it..." but...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (35)

for some reason, approval was delayed. No idea what was up - my credit is excellent. Anyway they said I'd get an e-mail when ready... Note that I never did but I just kept checking the site every like minute (not really but I was anxious so it was frequent)...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (36)

after a couple of hours it was done, and I was able to do my paperwork thing... notice that there's still "submit to dealer" here. I think all this is doing is saying to the dealer "I want to do this electronically, not on paper" versus the second which is "I want on paper" and the third which is "I like talking with dealers please let me do that" (you crazy mofo, you!).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Online purchase checkout for Mach-E : here's what it looks like watermarked (37)

That's it, because this was as far as I could get with my dealer. Everything else was in person. I saw the online signing process but it was on the dealer's tablet, not on my computer, so I can't show you screenshots, but it was pretty standard stuff.

notice the "Request Remote Vehicle Delivery" checkbox. I had to drop off my other car for service work anyway so that wasn't a big deal for me, and it turns out they probably couldn't do it because ugh dealer, but it was interesting to see.

anyway that's it. hope it helped at least some for you to see it.

please don't post anything like "OMG THIS SUX0RS FORD SUX0RS" or anything - don't see that as productive here. This is meant to be an educational thread. :)

Last edited:

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Does this process mean you are committed to buying sight unseen / no test drive? Or can you decline final delivery at Dealer for any reason?

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does this process mean you are committed to buying sight unseen / no test drive? Or can you decline final delivery at Dealer for any reason?
at every point including the very last screen there was the option to bail and go traditional dealer stuff. so I'd expect if you were worried about a test drive, that's how you'd handle it.

at no point did I ever hit a point of no return. the only real "unavoidable" thing was the hard credit inquiry when I got to that point with the Ford Credit process, which if you punt to the dealer for financing or say you're paying cash, would be avoided I'd expect.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Great informational thread. If I'm assuming correctly, it seems like you'd have the option to check out your car/maybe test drive before you sign the papers (or tablet).

Also for CA residents who have done the buying process online, did the $1500 Clean Fuel Reward show up?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whats the benefit, you still need the dealer to sign off. Maybe I am missing something.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
by the way "why did you watermark the pictures it's hard to read parts of them" because we know this site is a "news source" for other sites ;) the original watermarks were much much more obnoxious but I reconsidered before posting ;)
Sponsored