Hoss

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Tahoe RST, 2021 Mach-E Premier AWD ER
Country flag
Looking for opinions from people that already received their Mach E's on the Light Space Grey interior. My dealer called me to say someone backed out of their Mach E order and that the car was exactly what I ordered except with this interior instead of Black. I have two kids and a dog and just am not sure a light interior will be an issue or not. I'd love to hear some real world opinions from you guys.
Sponsored

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have two Mach-e’s, a first edition with red stitching and a premium with the grey interior which I love! You really can’t go wrong with these interiors. It gives a totally different vibe than the black interior. It feels much lighter and open. Things to think about is that if your wear jeans it could turn it blue over time but there’s options to help mitigate that. I personally prefer the grey interior
Ford Mustang Mach-E Opinions on light space grey interior EE866625-C42A-4695-A862-A55EF517E434
Ford Mustang Mach-E Opinions on light space grey interior 09D8D2A2-3B65-487A-BB48-AB88612BB511

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Looking for opinions from people that already received their Mach E's on the Light Space Grey interior. My dealer called me to say someone backed out of their Mach E order and that the car was exactly what I ordered except with this interior instead of Black. I have two kids and a dog and just am not sure a light interior will be an issue or not. I'd love to hear some real world opinions from you guys.
I had a light interior on my last car and got the light interior on this car. I have a 4 year old and 8 month old. They're in car seats and I have a seat protector under the car seats. I can't say I've had any issues with them and I wouldn't expect to. I don't know why people get so worked up about light interiors and kids. Unless they're using marker on them, they're easy to wipe clean, so to me it's just a matter of personal aesthetic preference.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So far so good. My son is in a front facing car seat, and the back of the passenger seat is thoughtfully dark colored so no worries there. It does seem to wipe up fairly easily so no real concerns there. If you’re the type to get annoyed by little marks here and there then just take note, it does show dirt easier, but cleans up well.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have dogs and I am a big kid. You work a little harder to keep it clean but worth it.
That is why I did not get the first edition. I love the lighter interior.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My last car had black leather seats. I thought it'd be good for hiding the black lab's endlessly shedding fur.

It did in fact hide black fur well. But the light headliner accumulated hard to remove fur and her slobber on the seat backs and headrests was pretty noticeable.

All that to say... Get the color you find most appealing. Dirt and whatnot will show up on anything... Color of seats isn't much of a factor there.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
My last car had black leather seats. I thought it'd be good for hiding the black lab's endlessly shedding fur.

It did in fact hide black fur well. But the light headliner accumulated hard to remove fur and her slobber on the seat backs and headrests was pretty noticeable.

All that to say... Get the color you find most appealing. Dirt and whatnot will show up on anything... Color of seats isn't much of a factor there.

It's like for car colors...

I had a white truck before, dirt would show up grey, brown or black... heck in winter my truck looked brown most of the time!

I now have a red truck, well what happens, the dirt shows up white, light grey...and in white the truck looks half white most of the time!

Dirt will show...no matter what.. unless on some really specific colors and tones you're lucky it doesn't show as much!

OP
OP

Hoss

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Tahoe RST, 2021 Mach-E Premier AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for all the thoughts on the interior. I really haven't seen that color interior in person so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm pretty OCD about keeping my cars clean and looking new so it really shouldn't be an issue. Just super excited I could have a Mach E in a few days instead of waiting several months for my order to finally get fulfilled.

Thanks for the input!

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Also, I don’t know what color your dog is but the trunk will be black regardless if you keep them in there like I do. My dogs white so it stands out in the trunk. That being said, his hair definitely is more visible in the all black interior and blends in with the grey. Whatever color you get, I would recommend the all weather mats for the trunk and a bunch of lint rollers!

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Thanks for all the thoughts on the interior. I really haven't seen that color interior in person so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm pretty OCD about keeping my cars clean and looking new so it really shouldn't be an issue. Just super excited I could have a Mach E in a few days instead of waiting several months for my order to finally get fulfilled.

Thanks for the input!
I saw it in person and ordered it for my Premium. But since then I found a GB FE that I was able to purchase so cancelled my order and happy with the blue stitching on black. My wife doesn't like black interiors so her cars (current 17 Suburban) are all tan/white and mine typically black (pre-Mach car - '16 Fusion Energi). Never had color distortion on my fusion, but her suburban every couple of years I am cleaning the edge of the seat to get the blue denim color off of it.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Having worked the Service dept for the last 40 years and the last 25 For MB. Light interiors
have a tendency to show more stains and dirt, then especially black and dark interiors. Blue jeans are the biggest threat to stain light interiors. Some one with new blue jeans
can stain a seat in 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong, It can be cleaned !!! Worse case, can be redyed . Light interiors seem to be more welcoming and brighter and cooler and have a propensity to showing more dirt and staining . Pick up poison !!

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I've got a premium with light space grey and I love it. Not sure why they called it "light space grey" when it's basically white in reality. I've also got two kids, one booster and a child car seat in the back with seat protectors under the seat.

Honestly I was a bit concerned at first, but the main thing that kids will get dirty is the back of the driver and passenger seats with their feet, and those parts of the seat are black/dark grey even on cars with the light space grey interior.

Honestly I don't think you will have any issues since the leather/activeX material wipes down pretty easily. In my opinion the light space grey makes the car feel allot more premium, and open and airy.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I used to live in Phoenix. I'm in Ohio now, but I still don't think I will ever order a black interior after the AZ sun. That giant glass roof and black seats seemed like a really bad idea to me.
Sponsored