Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
When I sent my car to the wrap shop, I pulled the front license plate and asked him to just wrap over the holes. I obtained bumper plugs and have the vinyl to color match them in vinyl before placing.
I’m just not sure which would be better. The somewhat recessed area behind the vinyl, or the protruding plugs over the top of the vinyl? So I’m asking to forum hive mind.

Here is what it looks like currently:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Opinions please. Bumper plugs or not? A13E0023-B629-467A-8D1E-ED6611C98E22

PS, I know I probably should have plastic welded and smoothed this before sending it to vinyl but I’m horrible at plastic welding.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I think both will be noticeable, I'd just keep the front plate on. Once the holes are drilled, it just always ends up looking worse than just keeping your front plate on.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I think both will be noticeable, I'd just keep the front plate on. Once the holes are drilled, it just always ends up looking worse than just keeping your front plate on.
If that’s the case I’ll at least have to paint the plate holder to match.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Personally I think the slight recess will be less noticeable than the bumps

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I like that idea. Have the stripe continue across the plate holder.
I’m going to see where the consensus goes. In the meantime, if it warms up enough to paint, I’ll paint the plate holder and mock it up.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Really? We have only 4 people with opinions on this forum. I thought we’d have plenty more willing to share their thoughts. Maybe I should include the word Tesla in the title. Then everyone would have something to say.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Really? We have only 4 people with opinions on this forum. I thought we’d have plenty more willing to share their thoughts. Maybe I should include the word Tesla in the title. Then everyone would have something to say.
I think you overestimate how many of us come here and look at all the public posts on any kind of regular basis. 😉

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would vote, but there’s no option for striping the plate holder.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
PS, I know I probably should have plastic welded and smoothed this before sending it to vinyl but I’m horrible at plastic welding.
This totally this - was going to chime in until I read the PS - the guy who vinyl’s his own wheels says he’s horrible at basically playing with plastic clay 🤪

So my vote is leave it.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This totally this - was going to chime in until I read the PS - the guy who vinyl’s his own wheels says he’s horrible at basically playing with plastic clay 🤪

So my vote is leave it.
Maybe I’ve got the wrong plastic welder but so far, I haven’t made anything that I would want on my car. I suppose that if I get it figured out I could redo that lower part of the striping and replace the lime green between them.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I would vote, but there’s no option for striping the plate holder.
So I did get the license plate holder painted up and fit it on the front. Just held it there with tape. I couldn’t put it back on. The way it sets, the holder obscures the lower part of the “grill” and completely obstructs the wrap and stripes between the “grill” and the active shutters. With the GT having to lower lip/air splitter that little area under above the shutters really adds continuity to the stripes.
On my premium the splitter wasn’t there and I was able to stripe the tint area below the shutters as it was body color. With the GT that isn’t the case and covering the area between the grill and shutters totally makes it look like I have isolated hood stripes, not a complete front and back stripes.
So my bracket is painted but I won’t be putting it back on. I have a sto n show on currently but I’m not happy with it either. It sits too low. So I have Craig’s Custom Bracket arriving early next week. Maybe I’ll like that enough.
Sponsored