Order changes

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Has anyone changed their vehicle color through their dealer? After you do so, does the Ford website "reservations and orders" section reflect these changes? I was told by my dealer that they changed my order, but it still shows the old color on the Ford website.
Sponsored

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Has anyone changed their vehicle color through their dealer? After you do so, does the Ford website "reservations and orders" section reflect these changes? I was told by my dealer that they changed my order, but it still shows the old color on the Ford website.
I had the interior color changed and it did reflect on the reservations website. I also received an automated email from ford indicating there was an update on my order. I would expect the exterior color update to be no different.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had the interior color changed and it did reflect on the reservations website. I also received an automated email from ford indicating there was an update on my order. I would expect the exterior color update to be no different.
I changed my exterior color through my dealer a few weeks ago after I was assigned a build week date. Took a day or two to show up on my Ford Owners description. I believe I also received a FORD email that my order was updated. However, it would not surprise me to hear it takes longer at the moment to reflect the change because so many Ford resources are being used to answer calls/emails regarding build dates and ship dates.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I do not have my order scheduled for build but on the very morning my dealer changed my color my little MachE changed from the Carbonized Grey to the Rapid Red.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order changes Screenshot_20210106-091513

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
I changed my exterior color through my dealer a few weeks ago after I was assigned a build week date. Took a day or two to show up on my Ford Owners description. I believe I also received a FORD email that my order was updated. However, it would not surprise me to hear it takes longer at the moment to reflect the change because so many Ford resources are being used to answer calls/emails regarding build dates and ship dates.
Did you already have a VIN number?

tazzae

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Prius
Country flag
I, too, changed my interior color via a phone call to my dealer. The change showed up online within a couple of days. This was before car had a scheduled build week.

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
I, too, changed my interior color via a phone call to my dealer. The change showed up online within a couple of days. This was before car had a scheduled build week.
But was there a VIN assigned. I have a VIN but not a build date and dealer said no changes.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
But was there a VIN assigned. I have a VIN but not a build date and dealer said no changes.
If there's a VIN assigned, the change window has passed. That vehicle will be built as ordered when the VIN was generated.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The vin shows the color. Therefor, the vin has to change if the color is changed.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
The vin shows the color. Therefor, the vin has to change if the color is changed.
I don't believe that is the case. You can look at the vin format in this post.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you already have a VIN number?
Yes, dealer sent me the VIN, which is why I made up my mind to get the other color, replied to his email with the request to change color.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If there's a VIN assigned, the change window has passed. That vehicle will be built as ordered when the VIN was generated.
This is not true. I changed my color after I had a VIN and a build date, but I acted quickly. Dealer told me I could not change my model or battery, but he would try to change my exterior color per my request. A few hours later, I receive a confirmation email and my owner page showed the new color in all its glory.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is also not true. My VIN did not change with my color change, does not have the paint color embedded. Ford apparently has additional information on the ID plate attached to the door jamb that contains the colors. They have been doing that a couple of decades at least. Some manufacturers may include a color code in the VIN, Ford does not.
Sponsored