GeoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME Premium AWD Extended on order
Country flag
I ordered my Rapid Red MME Premium AWD Extended on October 1, 2020 and it was confirmed by Ford on October 2, 2020. I was just notified last week that my vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 31, 2021. I am trying to figure out how confirmed orders with the exact configuration as mine (ordered as late as December 15, 2020, December 20, 2020, December 31, 2020 and even January 15, 2021) were given the same build week as mine (or sooner) which was ordered 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months earlier. Any thoughts???
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I ordered my Rapid Red MME Premium AWD Extended on October 1, 2020 and it was confirmed by Ford on October 2, 2020. I was just notified last week that my vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 31, 2021. I am trying to figure out how confirmed orders with the exact configuration as mine (ordered as late as December 15, 2020, December 20, 2020, December 31, 2020 and even January 15, 2021) were given the same build week as mine (or sooner) which was ordered 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months earlier. Any thoughts???
Best of luck with that one. Who knows what Ford's formula for production schedules is. Here in the UK the FE was advertised as priority build. As far as I am aware NO customer cars have been built yet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This is similar to our confusion when the first build dates were issued last fall. We all expected to see them scheduled by order date, or at least see a strong order-date (and First Edition) priority in scheduling of those of us who reserved in November/December 2019 and ordered in June/July 2020. Instead, it was much more complex, with orders of the exact same configuration reserved and ordered on the same early dates scheduled a month apart. Part of it is balancing the line by mixing up vehicle configurations. Part of it is scheduling multiple vehicles from the same destination together for more efficient shipping. However, there were clearly other factors we never could figure out.

Sorry I can't give you the answer you're looking for but we didn't find it last fall, either.

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered 10/25 and orders from January are being built before mine. Oh well as long as it's built I'm ok!

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I think it has to do with reservation dates, if that applies. I was a day one reservation holder back in 2019, but held off on ordering one until I could physically see and drive one. I just ordered and got a production date for the week of April 19th. My sales rep said the reservation date held priority over order date.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is similar to our confusion when the first build dates were issued last fall. We all expected to see them scheduled by order date, or at least see a strong order-date (and First Edition) priority in scheduling of those of us who reserved in November/December 2019 and ordered in June/July 2020. Instead, it was much more complex, with orders of the exact same configuration reserved and ordered on the same early dates scheduled a month apart. Part of it is balancing the line by mixing up vehicle configurations. Part of it is scheduling multiple vehicles from the same destination together for more efficient shipping. However, there were clearly other factors we never could figure out.

Sorry I can't give you the answer you're looking for but we didn't find it last fall, either.
What @ChasingCoral said.

Order date (or reservation date earlier in this process) is only one of the many parameters used. They also need to consider the mix of car trim levels to keep the line running smoothly, destinations to optimize shipping, etc.

It's one reason that people with reservations months after mine both got a build date and had their cars shipped before mine was built.

It's all voodoo. :p
Sponsored