Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape
Occupation
sw Eng
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the website or database is screwed up. I have 2 orders with 2 separate dealers (one canceled). Premiums - the only difference is the color. Apparantly the two cars have switched dealers and only one has increase in price. I'd give them a week.
Sponsored

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I don’t get it. You act like you don’t want someone being helpful giving us inside info?

It’s not like it’s insider trading (material) info.
I wasn’t trying to give that impression at all. I’m happy to get the inside scoop. I was simply commenting on the point that this person didn’t want to reveal their identity since doing so could cause problems. Fully get that. My only point was that anonymity only goes so far depending on what the insider reveals. Agree this level doesn’t appear to bother Ford enough for them to do something about. They may even prefer it if it means they can avoid responding.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
They are wrong, but it wouldn’t be the first time.
With respect, they are 100% right, for now. They are the ones setting the price and the policy and they will 100% force the purchaser to do what they want if this drags out until delivery day without change.

The dealer has told you they intend to charge you the mark up - whether they must do it or not. They are greedy and happy to take the extra money, and will be even happier if you walk away from the deal and get to sell your car with ADM.

You should not sit around and do nothing hoping someone else changes their policy - you are the change. Call Ford - raise hell - and stop referring to them as "the dealer", name them. You need to call them out publicly and let everyone on this forum know that they are trying to rip you off. Bad press counts for something.

If you prefer you can hold that card for a few days and let them know that you will start looking for solutions as well as online advice if they don't change their tune. The amount of the price increase could even be taken to small claims court, which might be hard but isn't out of the question.

Make it hard for them to mistreat you, make it easier for them to save face and do the right thing. I would never simply hope that you can walk into the room on the day and get them to treat you with respect at the last minute.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I don’t get it. You act like you don’t want someone being helpful giving us inside info?

It’s not like it’s insider trading (material) info.
I want to be clear that I sincerely appreciate what everyone is posting here. We are all on the same side. The information you guys are getting us is truly valuable and helps to define what we should be demanding - but it's not actionable. We can't walk into the dealership and give them printouts of this thread or the original blue oval posts - they are helpful but they are not official. Sadly, it's heresay. Anyone can say whatever they want on the internet but that doesn't mean it must be accepted as the truth. A letter, email, signed agreement, press release, even a quote in a bona fide article from a Ford Executive has some value, but we don't have any of that yet.

These posts tell us what specifically we have to fight for but they do not replace having to fight to get it. Please don't think I disagree with you at all. This is great information but we now need to act on it.

TenaflyNJ

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT 2022 Grabber Blue
Occupation
Big Pimpin’
Country flag
I want to be clear that I sincerely appreciate what everyone is posting here. We are all on the same side. The information you guys are getting us is truly valuable and helps to define what we should be demanding - but it's not actionable. We can't walk into the dealership and give them printouts of this thread or the original blue oval posts - they are helpful but they are not official. Sadly, it's heresay. Anyone can say whatever they want on the internet but that doesn't mean it must be accepted as the truth. A letter, email, signed agreement, press release, even a quote in a bona fide article from a Ford Executive has some value, but we don't have any of that yet.

These posts tell us what specifically we have to fight for but they do not replace having to fight to get it. Please don't think I disagree with you at all. This is great information but we now need to act on it.
I have a signed agreement.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
With respect, they are 100% right, for now. They are the ones setting the price and the policy and they will 100% force the purchaser to do what they want if this drags out until delivery day without change.

The dealer has told you they intend to charge you the mark up - whether they must do it or not. They are greedy and happy to take the extra money, and will be even happier if you walk away from the deal and get to sell your car with ADM.

You should not sit around and do nothing hoping someone else changes their policy - you are the change. Call Ford - raise hell - and stop referring to them as "the dealer", name them. You need to call them out publicly and let everyone on this forum know that they are trying to rip you off. Bad press counts for something.

If you prefer you can hold that card for a few days and let them know that you will start looking for solutions as well as online advice if they don't change their tune. The amount of the price increase could even be taken to small claims court, which might be hard but isn't out of the question.

Make it hard for them to mistreat you, make it easier for them to save face and do the right thing. I would never simply hope that you can walk into the room on the day and get them to treat you with respect at the last minute.
I understand what you are saying and agree that the dealer sets the price.

But very specifically, this dealer stated this: “Unfortunately Ford does not offer price protection from model year changes. That goes for you as well as us. If I sold you the car at the previous window sticker price, Ford would charge me the difference and that wouldn't be a good business decision on our part.”

Based on what other dealers and people who work for Ford say, NONE of this is true.

I don’t think they were intentionally lying, just misinformed.

Then again, I can’t remember the last time a salesperson, let alone a sales manager at a dealer knew more about a particular vehicle or rules like this more than someone who spends time on a forum.

Heck, my salesperson and manager had never heard of Ford Options either.

Then again, these are all BRAND NEW situations to them.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Thought I would shed some more light onto the process of assuring price protection for your order.

Automatic Price Protection is ONLY provided to the original retail order holder. If you cancel your order, or the dealer delivers the unit to someone other than the person who originally ordered it, then the higher pricing applies.

In order to receive the price protection, dealers have to follow this process:

1.) Go to the "Contests and Incentives" page located within FMC Dealer.
2.) Select the "Retail Order Price Protection" program.
3.) Submit the transaction for price protection.
4.) Report the vehicle sold and claim the price protection on the incentives screen. If the information on the sale reporting matches what is in the order system the claim is automatically approved. The dealer will then receive a credit in the amount of the increase with their normal incentives payment.

Many salespeople and even sales managers have no clue that this exists because it is not a BAU process.
This should be pinned to the top of this thread.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Yes, the potential hike caught people off guard.

However, I see only 2 ways to look at it.

1. non-issue, won’t affect you

or

2. Nothing you can do about it

So either way, why worry?
It's been said already, but I just wanted to echo it: what's with the fatalistic thinking? One of the worst times you could try to argue with your dealer is on pickup day. Your emotions are running high, maybe it's at the end of your workday and you're tired (and maybe they're tired), you don't have all of the information in front of you and you don't have the time to double-check it. None of us like this months-long wait, but the benefit of it is that you can have a long conversation with your dealer if need be.

The guys who keep writing "stop worrying" seem to think most of us reading this thread are sitting in front of a screen, biting our nails and sweating. Maybe some are, but most of us are here to prepare, plan, and strategize. I can assure you that my heart rate is at a normal resting rate, no hair is being torn from my head, and my face is as neutral as can be. Sure, I'm here to vent a bit about my frustrations with the process - as are others (misery loves company and it's cathartic) - but mostly, I'm here to read the experiences and advice from others, and contribute my own. If planning and preparing stresses you out, you don't need to read these threads. Stick to threads where everything seems to be going well for people. Log off and enjoy that muffin, life's too short.

4.) Report the vehicle sold and claim the price protection on the incentives screen. If the information on the sale reporting matches what is in the order system the claim is automatically approved. The dealer will then receive a credit in the amount of the increase with their normal incentives payment.

Many salespeople and even sales managers have no clue that this exists because it is not a BAU process.
Thanks for sharing that, I've bookmarked your post and will try to have my dealer do it if they don't seem to know how.

Wingman335

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 200, FJ Cruiser, BMW M3
Country flag
Thought I would shed some more light onto the process of assuring price protection for your order.

Automatic Price Protection is ONLY provided to the original retail order holder. If you cancel your order, or the dealer delivers the unit to someone other than the person who originally ordered it, then the higher pricing applies.

This is great information, thanks. Telling my dealer how to do his job... that's gonna be an uphill battle.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Very helpful thanks. Can you clarify something about this process? Does the dealer do this only after he has sold us the car? In other words, is the dealer going on faith that this will all work for them if they sells us the car at the original MSRP, or can the dealer check this ahead of this time? As written, it sounds like there first has to be a transaction. Is there a way for the dealer to be see in advance that he/she won't be penalized and so can charge us the original price?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes and no,

In the C&I System

The dealer will go to the C&I page and file the claim. It will give them an authorization number automatically. (I believe they can do this as soon as the car is invoiced)

The dealer would then work the deal in SMART VINCENT.

Step 1: Enter the VIN

Step 2: Enter the sale type from the dropdown or checkbox(Retail, Lease, Options, etc.), the customer type (Retail, X-Plan, A-Plan, etc.). Then a bit lower on the page the dealer puts in the customers information and selects customer look up. This will bring up all of the certificates listed in your name. For some of us this is where the $750 coupon for the 2021 to 2022 conversion will appear. The dealer normally will select all of the un-expired certificates.

Step 3: This screen pulls up all of the incentives that are available on the selected vin for the sale type(s) selected. These are separated into public and non-public offers. A public offer is something available to everyone with that sale type. A non-public offer normally requires a certificate number or authorization number. For the price protection program the dealer will select this program and enter the authorization number from the C&I system. The dealer also will check all of the other incentives that apply. There is also a link to the actual program provided on this screen so the dealers can reference the program announcements. This system will show the compatibility of all of the selected incentives. For example a loyalty incentive is normally not compatible with a conquest incentive, so if both were selected it would ask the dealer to pick one or the other.

Step 4: On the verification screen it will show the amount that is being credited for the price protection program and all of the other rebates or incentives. If the dealer has not entered all of the authorization numbers, it will not let the dealer proceed. Once all of the required authorization numbers are entered the dealer can proceed to the next step.

Step 5: Lock the deal and the incentives. At this point the dealer locks in all of the information and incentives entered until this point.

Step 5.5: - You take physical delivery of the car

Step 6 - Dealer finalizes the deal in SMART VINCENT and submits all of the incentives to Ford for payment.

The dealer is subject to chargeback if the ordered unit is not sold to the original person listed on the order. They are also subject to chargeback if they don't meet the requirements of ANY requested incentive.

As you can see the dealership can do most of this before you take physical delivery of the car.

Some of this may have changed slightly. It has been 2+ years since I worked at a Ford Dealership.
Thanks! So once there is an invoice that we are aware of and a VIN, we can check with the dealer on the price, and if increased compared to our order from Oct 2021 then we can ask them to look at this procedure and let us know where we stand.

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
Thanks! So once there is an invoice that we are aware of and a VIN, we can check with the dealer on the price, and if increased compared to our order from Oct 2021 then we can ask them to look at this procedure and let us know where we stand.
Correct. I would hope most dealers would be upfront and transparent with this process. My fear is that dealers will deny the customer the lower price and use this process to increase their profit by the amount of the price increase. Just know if it happens, that is the dealer doing it and not Ford.

Unfortunately, Ford has very little power to get involved with pricing to the consumer since the franchise laws protect the dealer.

BTW, once you have a window sticker, the dealer has the invoice.

Last edited:

Torchwood

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Shout out to Sharon and Jim Ellis Ford in Atlanta. I spoke with her the other day and she confirmed, without hesitation that the price I will pay is what we agreed to when I paid the deposit.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok people, the time has come!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order prior to price increase, increased in price Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF
Respectfully disagree. The most recent posts have been enlightening for those of us who would like to be prepared.