qberrt

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 22 Mach E
Country flag
Update, I just checked on Ford site and my order went from $54,200 to $56,200. I just called the dealer and talked to sales manager. He said $56,200 and thought it was a 21 res upgraded to 22.
I said no, always a 22. I had him cancel the order. Ford can go to hell.
Sponsored

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Update, I just checked on Ford site and my order went from $54,200 to $56,200. I just called the dealer and talked to sales manager. He said $56,200 and thought it was a 21 res upgraded to 22.
When did you order the car? You may have been eligible for price protection. Mine went up over $3000 but my dealer has repeatedly said my original MSRP is good. If you’ve already cancelled then all bets are off. They may end up still getting the car and charging whatever they want.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Your loss. You wouldn't have paid any of that increase. The lack of informed buyers is amazing.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
My dealership's managers here in Lincoln, Nebraska were very good. The sales reps, eh, not so much. After this thread was created I went into my local dealership in person. I asked what the deal was, and the rep was clueless but was going to get a particular sales manager involved on the following business day. On the way out, I said if they change the price on me, I would cancel my order. He had the audacity to say that it was fine. LOL! This isn't a small $100 purchase... When it's $50,000 customer service is everything and it didn't happen with my sales rep... at all. With that, the sales manager was amazing and professional. He sent me my original prepurchase piece of paper in writing that they would honor the original price.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
This post from @BalsaDust has what I think is the answer. They have a window sticker showing a "$2,000 regional discount" on a current MY22 price. So my guess is this is what everyone should expect to see, and that ford is honoring the old price but by listing it as a discount for some reason.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/page-260#post-324432
Not quite, that regional discount was in effect in October and is before the listed price increase in December. From what I have been told it was only valid in our region which I believe is only Delaware and South East Pennsylvania. Hopefully someone else who is from this area can verify they also received the regional discount. If Ford is honoring the original October pricing then that would be an additional 2K off of my current pricing.

Tony

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
My dealership's managers here in Lincoln, Nebraska were very good. The sales reps, eh, not so much. After this thread was created I went into my local dealership in person. I asked what the deal was, and the rep was clueless but was going to get a particular sales manager involved on the following business day. On the way out, I said if they change the price on me, I would cancel my order. He had the audacity to say that it was fine. LOL! This isn't a small $100 purchase... When it's $50,000 customer service is everything and it didn't happen with my sales rep... at all. With that, the sales manager was amazing and professional. He sent me my original prepurchase piece of paper in writing that they would honor the original price.
Dealerships make much more money if you cancel your order. In the "good ole days" that may work, but how it has changed in the past few months.

Another thing is that cash is not king. Dealerships make more money if you take out a loan. If you suggest that you are paying cash, you typically will end up paying more.

It is an upside down world now adays.

Btw, I would guess we don't live too far apart. I live in Omaha.

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does X-plan work in this case? Will the discount be based off the original price or the new price? I don't have a production date yet, if that matters. Thanks.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does X-plan work in this case? Will the discount be based off the original price or the new price? I don't have a production date yet, if that matters. Thanks.
X-Plan is calculated off invoice, which in the case of the Mach-E is MSRP. It's 2% off, plus $275 fee. The MSRP of the vehicle comes from the Ford system, and in the case of price protected vehicles will be the original MSRP and therefore the original X-Plan price.

Psalm139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Abarth 124
Country flag
X-Plan is calculated off invoice, which in the case of the Mach-E is MSRP. It's 2% off, plus $275 fee. The MSRP of the vehicle comes from the Ford system, and in the case of price protected vehicles will be the original MSRP and therefore the original X-Plan price.

That would be great.
I just had a sit down meeting with my dealer. They were confused in general about what to do. They agreed to honor the original MSRP but they said X-Plan would be based off of invoice which would be the higher one now on Ford's website.

In the end, this is not an issue that the dealers have faced much before and I think they are genuinely confused about how things should go. We can tell them things we learn on this forum, but in the end, they can do whatever they want. If they don't honor lower prices, we can complain to corporate, but that doesn't mean we get a car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That would be great.
I just had a sit down meeting with my dealer. They were confused in general about what to do. They agreed to honor the original MSRP but they said X-Plan would be based off of invoice which would be the higher one now on Ford's website.

In the end, this is not an issue that the dealers have faced much before and I think they are genuinely confused about how things should go. We can tell them things we learn on this forum, but in the end, they can do whatever they want. If they don't honor lower prices, we can complain to corporate, but that doesn't mean we get a car.
Your dealer is not competent.

The Ford system is going to tell them the X-Plan price. They don't calculate anything.

MooSting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Another data point for everyone:
  • I ordered Oct 1, confirmation email a few weeks later
  • I never physically signed anything
  • My build date is late January
  • Price changed on Ford.com (just like everyone else)
  • Emailed my dealer today and they said I'm going to pay the original (lower) price

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ordered 11/25/2021, only in the last 2-3 days did the price finally update to the 2k increase.

Called my dealership this morning and they looked up the order and on their end it showed the regional discount of 2k to bring it back to original price.

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
Ordered 11/25/2021, only in the last 2-3 days did the price finally update to the 2k increase.

Called my dealership this morning and they looked up the order and on their end it showed the regional discount of 2k to bring it back to original price.
What region? What regional discount?
Sponsored