Order prior to price increase, increased in price

mopar04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 DRW, MachE Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
I just talked to my dealer and they showed me the price protection process in person. When they pull your order up in their system it will show a sale certificate in your account that has a discount value that brings your car down to original order MSRP. Anyone that tells you otherwise is full of crap.
Sponsored

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Ordered 11/25/2021, only in the last 2-3 days did the price finally update to the 2k increase.

Called my dealership this morning and they looked up the order and on their end it showed the regional discount of 2k to bring it back to original price.
The regional discount has nothing to do with the price protection, that was a discount applied to help the sales of BEV vehicles and comes direct from Ford.
There is also a price protection policy in effect that guarantees the price at time of order if it was changed from a MY2021 to a MY 2022. The price protection is to be adjusted at time of purchase and Ford then credits the dealer back the pricing difference. Please note that if using any of the "Pricing Plans" it only adjust from the current Window sticker pricing not the order date pricing. All this is only good if your dealer was nice enough to price out the change when upgraded to a 22 model year.

Tony

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
same issue as everyone else. I ordered 8/27/21, order changed to my2022 on 9/27/21, build week starting 2/7/22, and price just changed. I called my dealership and they didn't know anything about it and said they would look into it and call me back. If the price isn't honored, I'll be cancelling this purchase and probably looking at a Hyundai Ioniq 5, but I hope that won't be the case.

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The regional discount has nothing to do with the price protection, that was a discount applied to help the sales of BEV vehicles and comes direct from Ford.
There is also a price protection policy in effect that guarantees the price at time of order if it was changed from a MY2021 to a MY 2022. The price protection is to be adjusted at time of purchase and Ford then credits the dealer back the pricing difference. Please note that if using any of the "Pricing Plans" it only adjust from the current Window sticker pricing not the order date pricing. All this is only good if your dealer was nice enough to price out the change when upgraded to a 22 model year.

Tony

Thanks ill keep this in mind when pick up time comes around.

Eatchu

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, Ford Mustang Mach-E (on order)
Country flag
I just noticed the price increase on the Ford site and then found this thread. Emailed the GM of the dealer to see where we go from here.

brownsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
I just heard back from my dealership and they confirmed there will be a price protection rebate for orders before a certain date. He stated he needs to figure out how to claim the rebate but told me not to worry as he will make sure it gets done correctly. There should not be any problems.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I just heard back from my dealership and they confirmed there will be a price protection rebate for orders before a certain date. He stated he needs to figure out how to claim the rebate but told me not to worry as he will make sure it gets done correctly. There should not be any problems.
All dealers with orders before Dec 8th for 2022 Mach-E have received an email stating the procedure for entering the Price Protection rebate on their end. My dealer showed it to me yesterday when I asked about it and it included a step by step procedure for the dealer to claim his credit.
Most likely the sales manager or GM at your dealer has it but has never read it.

Tony

JSwope

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 mach e
Occupation
Insurance oversight
Country flag
2022 ordered on Nov 29th 2021. Here is the response from my Dealer: "I just finished speaking with my Ford Rep. Your Mach-E base price will be price protected. That will account for $1000.00 of the price difference. Unfortunately, the other $1000 is for the ext battery which is not price protected. Your selling price will be $58,140.00 plus taxes, tags, and fees as of now."

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
2022 ordered on Nov 29th 2021. Here is the response from my Dealer: "I just finished speaking with my Ford Rep. Your Mach-E base price will be price protected. That will account for $1000.00 of the price difference. Unfortunately, the other $1000 is for the ext battery which is not price protected. Your selling price will be $58,140.00 plus taxes, tags, and fees as of now."
As far as I have been told , and shown in the email from Ford, it is based on the MSRP final price listed on the original order sheet and the difference to the current window sticker MSRP. In my case its for a Premium AWD extended range. The $1000 difference in base model pricing, AND the $1000 difference in extended range battery pricing.

Tony

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
They increased the price when they changed the status to "Built"

JSwope

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 mach e
Occupation
Insurance oversight
Country flag
As far as I have been told , and shown in the email from Ford, it is based on the MSRP final price listed on the original order sheet and the difference to the current window sticker MSRP. In my case its for a Premium AWD extended range. The $1000 difference in base model pricing, AND the $1000 difference in extended range battery pricing.

Tony
I can live with $1,000 increase. I did ask for my priority code to get lowered from the 19 it is currently at. It would be nice if Ford could.send out a formal communication to those in this situation.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This appears to be fraud, I've heard nothing about the battery not being price protected. They are probably going to keep $1000 of the $2000 rebate they get back for themselves.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I ordered a MY22 this past October and have signed paperwork showing the MSRP at that time as well as acceptance of X Plan, and given the above feedback I’m not worried. I also don’t show an increased price when I log in to my Ford.com account. But what I don’t understand is why some show the increased price when they log in and some don’t. Is that just a glitch in the Ford system?
Well, looks like I am now in the group showing the increased price. Happened to check my online account today and it's there (2K higher base price), but alas, still no production date.

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
There is absolutely no perks for paying more. (quicker delivery, upgrades on the car, etc) I am glad I won the battle and don't have to pay $2,000 more.
Sponsored