Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yes, and those who ordered Model Ys before any increase paid the price at time of order. They didn't pay more.

That's the difference between a direct sales model and dealership.

Direct Sales -> Price on your order is the price you pay, change your order, price changes to current price
Dealership - > You better do this (good advice from Mike Levine)
The difference is that Tesla doesn't have model years and has nothing to do with the dealer model. This is also why they change their price 30 times a year. Any modifications to your order of a Tesla will auto change the price to the new price.

Also, you can pay 10k for a feature you might never get before you sell the car via that lovely online model.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yes, and those who ordered Model Ys before any increase paid the price at time of order. They didn't pay more.

That's the difference between a direct sales model and dealership.

Direct Sales -> Price on your order is the price you pay, change your order, price changes to current price
Dealership - > You better do this (good advice from Mike Levine)
This is basically what this whole thread is about!

Dealer model or not, you should pay the agreed upon price when you order.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
So you’re saying things that you don’t agree with just to prove some opposite point?

No wonder it’s confusing.

Your last point about a lawsuit is only partially correct. You could sue anyone for anything.

But in this case you would lose.
Now you are being coy. ;)

BTW, how would I lose a "deception" law suit if it came to that?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
P
Now you are being coy. ;)

BTW, how would I lose a "deception" law suit if it came to that?
Not coy at all. There is no winnable lawsuit here.

Dealers change prices on people all the time. You may not like it, but you aren’t winning a lawsuit over it.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
So, you admit you were just trolling.

Congrats, you got me!
Tell you what.

Take some time to read the entire thread and you will clearly (I guess I am assuming here) see what I was trying to do.

I was merely taking the other's side (devil's advocate if you will) and establishing even if he were correct, I would still make out fine with Ford.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tell you what.

Take some time to read the entire thread and you will clearly (I guess I am assuming here) see what I was trying to do.

I was merely taking the other's side (devil's advocate if you will) and establishing even if he were correct, I would still make out fine with Ford.
It’s clear you were trying to deceive us.

LAWSUIT!

(now I’m being coy)

Note for the future. Things like sarcasm aren’t as obvious as you think in print. If you’re playing devils advocate or just kidding or whatever…… say so.

If not, people just assume you mean what you say.

FWIW, I did read the whole thread before posting. I honestly can’t keep track of who said what on page 2 and and just take each post by itself (unless I was in a back and forth discussion with the same person.)

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
There will also be more than one person who has a roof crushed on the car carrier.
And yet I think you wouldn't make the absolute statement that "nobody will have their roof crushed on the car carrier". That's the point I'm trying to make.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
P

Not coy at all. There is no winnable lawsuit here.

Dealers change prices on people all the time. You may not like it, but you aren’t winning a lawsuit over it.
Yes, you are correct. Dealers change prices all of the time. I am not sure what your point is there, but I will give you that my friend.

Let's put it in easier terms.

Let us say you purchase a house in December and sign the papers and place down an earnest deposit to take ownership in January.

Now let us say that the person that you purchased the home from decided to want more money because he purchase a new furnace in November to be installed in late December.

That my friend would not work. He can not come back and want more simply because he installed a new furnace. Just like Ford, they knew that the house would be changing if you will.

Battery = Furnace (for those that need help)

That is the same thing Ford (now don't get lost here), would be doing if they didn't honor their price in the Summer knowing that the customer didn't agree to the adjusted price that Ford decided to increase.

You could sue and you would win. That would be deception.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yes, you are correct. Dealers change prices all of the time. I am not sure what your point is there, but I will give you that my friend.

Let us say you purchase a house in December and sign the papers and place down an earnest deposit to take ownership in January.

Now let us say that the person that you purchased the home from decided to want more money because he purchase a new furnace in November to be installed in late December.

That my friend would not work. He can not come back and want more simply because he installed a new furnace. Just like Ford, they knew that the house would be changing if you will.

That is the same thing Ford (now don't get lost here), would be doing if they didn't honor their price in the Summer knowing that the customer didn't agree to the adjusted price that Ford decided to increase.

But if the house is hit by an asteroid and no longer exists, replaced by a new house (model) you wouldn't expect the original contract to be honored. I think that's the essence of the title of the post and the OPs comments as I perceive them to be.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Except that what you are laying out isn’t what is happening here.

Either people have a written agreement with a written price (and will get that price)- so no lawsuit.

Or they don’t have a written agreement and it’s up to the dealer whether they raise the price or not- so no lawsuit.

Show me ANY case law of someone who ordered a car with a handshake or verbal agreement, the price was raised at delivery, and they won a lawsuit.

Shouldn’t be hard to find if it exists, because it happens all the time.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But if the house is hit by an asteroid and no longer exists, replaced by a new house (model) you wouldn't expect the original contract to be honored. I think that's the essence of the title of the post and the OPs comments as I perceive them to be.
Ding ding ding!

They can’t sell you what they don’t have.

If you TRIED to sue, the best you would get is your deposit back, which is something you would get anyways and wouldn’t have to sue.

No clue why people think lawsuits are the solution when they don’t get what they want.

For a legit lawsuit, you would have to LOSE something to sue over.

Losing $0 on a car you don’t end up buying isn’t the case for a lawsuit.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OMG

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
Ding ding ding!

They can’t sell you what they don’t have.

If you TRIED to sue, the best you would get is your deposit back, which is something you would get anyways and wouldn’t have to sue.

No clue why people think lawsuits are the solution when they don’t get what they want.

For a legit lawsuit, you would have to LOSE something to sue over.

Losing $0 on a car you don’t end up buying isn’t the case for a lawsuit.

If the house was hit by an asteroid, you would not be purchasing it because it doesn't exist.
If the house is still there and is sold to someone else, it existed. (just like the car you ordered and it came 6 months later)

Btw, you would lose $2000 if they didn't sell you the car in mid Summer (that you agreed to in November). If you went across the street to another dealer's lot and buy one mid summer, the sticker would be $2000 higher. (It would cost you $2000 more)

Going back to the home analogy.

If the house that you purchased in December went up $20,000 in January (all homes in the area) and the seller reneged, you would in effect lose $20,000 on your purchasing power.

Lawsuits are there to keep people honest. Without them, there would be total chaos and there would be no need for contracts.

Psalm139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Abarth 124
Country flag
Overall, this isn't great.
It's it odd to order something and even put down a deposit, but not know how much you will have to pay. That really distorts the free market. My order still shows a $59,990 MSRP but I think it will change. I have no ADM in writing, but not exact price.

I also think I might be out.

I really like the Mach-E because it looks great and had a great feel to it when driving, but a Tesla is just so much more logical: Heat pump, chargers, resale, software, the power, and service (How many post about not being able to understand the Mach-E).
At least I could say "And the Mach-E is cheaper," but $2k changes that for me.

Come on Ford. I am not a Tesla fan and think they are terribly basic, but they make sense.
Sponsored