Order prior to price increase, increased in price

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If the house was hit by an asteroid, you would not be purchasing it because it doesn't exist.
If the house is still there and is sold to someone else, it existed. (just like the car you ordered and it came 6 months later)

Btw, you would lose $2000 if they didn't sell you the car in mid Summer (that you agreed to in November). If you went across the street to another dealer's lot and buy one mid summer, the sticker would be $2000 higher. (It would cost you $2000 more)

Going back to the home analogy.

If the house that you purchased in December went up $20,000 in January (all homes in the area) and the seller reneged, you would in effect lose $20,000 on your purchasing power.

Lawsuits are there to keep people honest. Without them, there would be total chaos and there would be no need for contracts.
Back to law school for you.

Good luck suing dealer 1 because you decided to buy a car from dealer 2 and it cost $2,000 more.

Losing “purchasing power” because time passed and inflation happened isn’t going to be a line item on a settlement either.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Overall, this isn't great.
It's it odd to order something and even put down a deposit, but not know how much you will have to pay. That really distorts the free market. My order still shows a $59,990 MSRP but I think it will change. I have no ADM in writing, but not exact price.

I also think I might be out.

I really like the Mach-E because it looks great and had a great feel to it when driving, but a Tesla is just so much more logical: Heat pump, chargers, resale, software, the power, and service (How many post about not being able to understand the Mach-E).
At least I could say "And the Mach-E is cheaper," but $2k changes that for me.

Come on Ford. I am not a Tesla fan and think they are terribly basic, but they make sense.
You do realize that Ford hasn't said a thing, right? They haven't said "your car is going to cost more".

If you're this worried about your relationship with your dealer and/or Ford, you probably should buy a Tesla.

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
Hey, everyone! Could someone please direct me to the grump thread? I did a search and it somehow landed me here.... ;)

That said, i've been amused reading through all of this. I agree with those that suggest the deep breath and the wait-and-see. We don't know what we don't know... I DO recommend anyone NOT yet seeing the increase on their order page, though, to do a screenshot/print it out. In the meantime, no one's 2022 has been completed yet, so inhale/exhale/repeat.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Back to law school for you.

Good luck suing dealer 1 because you decided to buy a car from dealer 2 and it cost $2,000 more.

Losing “purchasing power” because time passed and inflation happened isn’t going to be a line item on a settlement either.
No law school needed when the concept is straight forward. I own a driving school and purchase around 2 vehicles each year. I currently own 8 so I am fairly well versed with this concept. ;)

If this were to happen (which I think would not), you simply would sue to have the car you purchased at the same price agreed upon and force the sale.

You would simply pay the dealership the money owed and you would be on your merry way.

No money would be needed to file on a line item. You are simply enforcing the contract similarly to the contract on the home that inflated $20,000 in that example.

One can not simply change the price on a contract once it is agreed to by simply using inflation as the factor. That is why a deposit should be important to consider for each party involved. I will guarantee that if the cars value went down, the dealership/Ford would not suggest that you owe less. Both parties are taking a risk so to speak.

Once again, ( I didn't think it would be this hard for people to visualize ) I merely used the point of going to the other dealership to establish a "loss" if the deal fell through with the original dealer.

By you suing for the rightful ownership of the car on the lot (and obtaining it), you are inherently saving $2000 by not being forced to accept and purchase an offer elsewhere (at mid-Summer when they are indeed higher).

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Uh... I just checked my order for a RWD Premium with extended range battery. Yup, went up by $2000. I thought I had a contract the moment I gave the deposit. I emailed the dealer. This isn't right. I ordered on December 3, days before the price increase.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No law school needed when the concept is straight forward. I own a driving school and purchase around 2 vehicles each year. I currently own 8 so I am fairly well versed with this concept. ;)

If this were to happen (which I think would not), you simply would sue to have the car you purchased at the same price agreed upon and force the sale.

You would simply pay the dealership the money owed and you would be on your merry way.

No money would be needed to file on a line item. You are simply enforcing the contract similarly to the contract on the home that inflated $20,000 in that example.

One can not simply change the price on a contract once it is agreed to by simply using inflation as the factor. That is why a deposit should be important to consider for each party involved. I will guarantee that if the cars value went down, the dealership/Ford would not suggest that you owe less. Both parties are taking a risk so to speak.

Once again, ( I didn't think it would be this hard for people to visualize ) I merely used the point of going to the other dealership to establish a "loss" if the deal fell through with the original dealer.

By you suing for the rightful ownership of the car on the lot (and obtaining it), you are inherently saving $2000 by not being forced to accept and purchase an offer elsewhere (at mid-Summer when they are indeed higher).
Nope.

If this were to happen, the dealer would have already sold “your car” to someone else before you could even get lawsuit paperwork together.

Then the next scene would look something like this:

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I ordered mine on Oct/09/2021. I DO NOT see the price jump($2000) in my account
- Premium
- Ext Range Battery
- White Interior
- Blue

Still shows $56,900 to me(for the same build the price now is $58,900)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order prior to price increase, increased in price 1641679113327

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Nope.

If this were to happen, the dealer would have already sold “your car” to someone else before you could even get lawsuit paperwork together.

Then the next scene would look something like this:
I take it you have never dealt with Insurance Claims.

They (the dealership) would be directed to sell you (a car like you purchased) for the said agreement. It would be a new Grabber Blue ER AWD Premium in my case.

The dealership would most likely have to locate a car and pay a premium and sell it to you for the original deal that was agreed upon.

The video below depicts the Dealership getting slapped with a lawsuit that they didn't see coming if it were you that owned the dealership. ;)

Faither7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Mine is C RT1 AWD placed on 10/1/2021. Ye it went up $2000 as well this week.
I called my dealer, and they told me to contact the ford company directly as they indicated the dealers have no control over the price.
Is that right???

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
I called my dealer, and they told me to contact the ford company directly as they indicated the dealers have no control over the price.
Is that right???
I doubt that accurate. My dealer sent me an email upon my request that I’ll get the original price provided I don’t change the order. They also mentioned how they will have to do something with Ford to square it all up .

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Is that right???
Exactly the same situation as yours. My dealer told me that Ford should issue a credit for 2000

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I take it you have never dealt with Insurance Claims.

They (the dealership) would be directed to sell you (a car like you purchased) for the said agreement. It would be a new Grabber Blue ER AWD Premium in my case.

The dealership would most likely have to locate a car and pay a premium and sell it to you for the original deal that was agreed upon.

The video below depicts the Dealership getting slapped with a lawsuit that they didn't see coming if it were you that owned the dealership. ;)

If you say so.

There are multiple threads of people getting slapped with an ADM (different than an MSRP increase) at the last minute.

None of them resulted in a law suit victory that forced a dealer to locate and sell them a new car.

But if you can find even a single case law where this happened, I’ll admit you are right and I’m wrong.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that right???
Dealer has no control over MSRP, they have complete control over selling price.

Ask them to show you the invoice on the order. You don’t buy cars from Ford, the dealer does. You buy from the dealer.

If the dealer claims the price THEY paid went up, make them prove it.
Sponsored