Order prior to price increase, increased in price

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
I don't because I didn't even know it was a thing.

I haven't bought a car in more than a decade, and never had to pre-order one even when I did, so I just chatted with a dealer, traded emails where they said they wouldn't add a markup or add-ons, and place my order online... so... basically I assume I'm screwed.
I’m on the same boat. Neither dealer that I placed orders with have agreed to honor the original price. I actually placed my 2nd order in case the 1st dealer tries to tack on additional fees after my car is delivered. Little did I know Ford would be the one to screw us over, not the dealer… :mad:

If anyone who doesn’t have a signed agreement successfully gets the original price, please share how you did it. Thanks!
Sponsored

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
I’m on the same boat. Neither dealer that I placed orders with have agreed to honor the original price. I actually placed my 2nd order in case the 1st dealer tries to tack on additional fees after my car is delivered. Little did I know Ford would be the one to screw us over, not the dealer… :mad:

If anyone who doesn’t have a signed agreement successfully gets the original price, please share how you did it. Thanks!
My HOPE is that @Ford Motor Company does what they did with the 21-22 order conversion and give people already in the order bank a credit for the difference that comes off the invoice, or come up with some other way to ensure initial prices are honored rather than just "talk to your dealer."

The dealer didn't raise the MSRP... Ford did.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
Read through this thread over on the Blue Oval Forms
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70860-ford-retail-price-increases/

The topic starter works for a Ford Dealership in the NY area.
PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 8, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.
Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021.
• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.
If your order was in prior to the price increase you should be good. It does say orders need to be signed and dated, but I think it also applies online orders, since the MME has a slightly different process than most other vehicles.

Basically your dealer will need to create a price protection claim with ford.

EDIT: updated link

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
D4A547BA-63E2-4E53-B0BE-587DEC3D7CA8.jpeg

I have the same thing. Hoping Ford sticks to this price.
Better get your dealer to change that priority code 99, that sucker will never get built with that, needs to be 10-19, preferably a 10, that's what I have.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
View attachment 49376

I have the preview order from when the dealer confirmed by 21 as a 22. They had me sign it, but they didn’t also sign it as it was just by email. That said, I have a lot of email communication including acknowledging receiving my sign off on the order and accepting x-plan. I’m not too concerned and probably won’t even ask them about it until the car is built (just bumped to 2/7). By then the details should be worked out.

5C905D7D-825A-4748-8C76-1FCA22AF94ED.jpeg
Better get your dealer to change that priority code 99, that sucker will never get built with that, needs to be 10-19, preferably a 10, that's what I have.

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
View attachment 49376

I have the preview order from when the dealer confirmed by 21 as a 22. They had me sign it, but they didn’t also sign it as it was just by email. That said, I have a lot of email communication including accepting x-plan. I’m not too concerned and probably won’t even ask them about it until the car is built (just bumped to 2/7). By then the details should be worked out. Not worried about it.

5C905D7D-825A-4748-8C76-1FCA22AF94ED.jpeg
I would like to know asap. Mainly because I have an ID.4 on order that will be here shortly before my Mach-E gets
It is a 10 now, I have a build date

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would like to know asap. Mainly because I have an ID.4 on order that will be here shortly before my Mach-E gets

It is a 10 now, I have a build date
Sweet!

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
Read through this thread over on the Blue Oval Forms
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70860-ford-retail-price-increases/

The topic starter works for a Ford Dealership in the NY area.

If your order was in prior to the price increase you should be good. It does say orders need to be signed and dated, but I think it also applies online orders, since the MME has a slightly different process than most other vehicles.

Basically your dealer will need to create a price protection claim with ford.

EDIT: updated link
This is awesome! I feel better, crisis averted

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
It was changed right after I signed confirming the specs. My build week is 2/7. Was 1/31 until Friday.,

Wingman335

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 200, FJ Cruiser, BMW M3
Country flag
Dang- all this while my Ford Reservations page was showing the old price. I checked it today, and it reflects the $1,000 increase. I ordered Nov 24th, so I expected to pay the lower price. Now I need to start my fight with the dealer who will surely want to charge the newer, higher price.

brownsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Yup, I ordered a GT and my price just went up $2,000. This is incredibly annoying. Sent an email to my contact at the dealer and he stated his price also went up. He said he will be contacting his rep this week to see if anything can be done. Not hopeful. If they stick with this, it will leave a very bad impression of ordering a Ford vehicle. Seems like we won't be able to use the leverage with a dealer of walking away from the order, they will just find someone else to buy it.

FLFred813

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Recruiter
Country flag
Hello all,

I ordered my Mach E 11/6/21.

Checking on the order today, my price reflects the 22 increases bringing my AWD Premium to 59,935.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I just took delivery of my 2021 Premium RWD and I paid full MSRP, but not one cent more. The Ford dealer that I worked with is a volume dealership and have been great to work with on my 3 vehicle purchases with them. I wouldn;t be surpirsed if other dealers did charge over MSRP, especially the GT's that are coming in.

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yep. Ordered a GT (non-PE) on 10/8. I just got my window sticker (my build is imminent), and it shows a ~$2000 price increase. My dealer is checking but believes it likely that Ford will provide the dealer with purchase price relief so I pay what I signed to pay. {Jonathan}
I ordered my premium AWD extended range on Oct. 9th and I have no new updates on it :(. I used xplan pricing so hopefully the price increases won’t impact me.

Vinzdoggydogg

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
I ordered my MME Premium back in May 2021, it should be delivered next month, I don't see an increase vs the price I had screenshot back in June 2021.
I had paid the $500 deposit

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
I ordered my MME Premium back in May 2021, it should be delivered next month, I don't see an increase vs the price I had screenshot back in June 2021.
I had paid the $500 deposit
Is it in production?

Mine changed price once it moved to "In Production"
Sponsored