David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Doesn't matter. The invoice will be fine. Relax.
I hope so, I guess I will find out in about 6 weeks when the car will supposedly arrive. I at least have X-plan to save me a few bucks, plus the $750 that Ford offered me for getting bumped to a 2022.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It's right there in bold. Could not be more clear.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see that. Getting my dealer to see that, that's another matter.
There is nothing for them to see.

The Ford system produces the vehicle invoice. It has MSRP, A, Z, D, and X-Plan prices right on it.

qberrt

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 22 Mach E
Country flag
Tell me if I get this right... I ordered the car, paid a grand down and got a copy of the complete order form showing all deposits, options and dollar amounts. The dealer said he only puts ADM on in stock units, not on orders. Now, eventually, the window sticker is issued by Ford and it shows ADM of whatever amount.

I go to dealer to question this. He either honors original order amount or he says "take it or leave it". If he says the latter I cancel order, he gets that car in stock and bumps price up to whatever the market will allow?

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
There is nothing for them to see.

The Ford system produces the vehicle invoice. It has MSRP, A, Z, D, and X-Plan prices right on it.
I don't disagree with anything you've argued about the end result and I'm not personally concerned, but to be fair to those who are, the ford system seems to have produced window stickers on recently or soon to be built cars with the higher MSRP.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't disagree with anything you've argued about the end result and I'm not personally concerned, but to be fair to those who are, the ford system seems to have produced window stickers on recently or soon to be built cars with the higher MSRP.
Jesus fucking Christ. The window sticker is produced by an automated system that shows whatever the MSRP is when your car is built. This is seriously a non issue.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I ordered a MY22 this past October and have signed paperwork showing the MSRP at that time as well as acceptance of X Plan, and given the above feedback I’m not worried. I also don’t show an increased price when I log in to my Ford.com account. But what I don’t understand is why some show the increased price when they log in and some don’t. Is that just a glitch in the Ford system?

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I did see an increase in MSRP of over $3000 just in the last couple of days. Car was ordered in August, then bumped to a MY22 in October, with a slight price increase at that time (when they made the black roof standard on non-pano orders). They also gave me a $750 credit.

The price remained unchanged until a couple of days ago. My dealer believes I am price protected, but thought if I went x-plan, then that might have to be off of the new MSRP. I’m still waiting to see how this percolates. The car is scheduled to be built a week from Friday, so I should have *plenty* of time before it gets here. :-/

dkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE on order
Country flag
I appreciate that some people have gotten assurances that everything will be fine - I'm not so sure.

I've been discussing this with my dealer for a few days and have contacted Ford and this is not looking good.

My dealer has stated that they will not charge the price increase if Ford does not, but if Ford increases the invoice to them and does not give them some kind of relief program, then they have no intention of eating the price increase themselves.

Ford stated:
"Thank you for taking the time to send us a message. Final pricing is negotiated with the customer's preferred Ford Dealer and may be higher or lower than the MSRP depending upon vehicle availability and demand.

This is a great question for the Service Manager at your local dealership. They are in the best position to address your questions and concerns. You can locate your local dealer by using the following link: https://owner.ford.com/service/dealer-locator.html
Rebecca
Ford Social Media Team"

I don't know the people personally who are being told it will all be fine, and I'm not sure if they are asking the tough questions and getting an ironclad answer.

The lack of clear global response from Ford is not acceptable. When prices increased in the fall I got the email assuring me that the price increase was being offset by a credit - this time the same people have said nothing officially.

Just because YOUR invoice has not gone up yet, don't hope it might. You need to have a Window sticker so far to see the change - but if yours hasn't changed - It will.

It's time to work together and get an answer and some public awareness of this. Ford knows what to do and has clearly honored legacy pricing in the past and their silence on the subject this time is worrying.

Anyone who has not completed their sale but placed an order before 1/3 should be calling their dealership every day - talking to Ford, and making their voices heard.

Do not count on your dealer to fall on their sword - not only have they had a bad year or two - at many levels they would love to see you walk away from your reservation so they can sell the car to someone else, usually for a lot more profit.

My dealer said I'm a valued customer, but they aren't going to absorb the price increases for anyone - it's up to Ford to fix this.

I am officially yelling Fire in a crowded theater - there is a heck of a lot of smoke here and this needs to get nipped in the bud, one way or another. This needs to go viral quickly.
My dealer is telling me same thing, x-plan pricing on whatever the invoice is, no ADM .

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think everyone who cannot understand this simple concept should cancel their order. You probably will have difficulty operating the car if this is to complex to understand. ;)

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 8, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.
Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021.

• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

I appreciate that but Ford should release this information directly. My dealer doesn't care what someone on Blue Oval Says, regardless of what I want them to believe.

I need a letter or email directly to me saying that from Ford or my Dealer.

Why is it that Ford did not say that directly when I asked?

If Ford has the policy they should publish it directly as Ford Motor Company, not let emplyees speak for them.

If we don't get them to say it officially then its just a trusted voice on the internet.

I genuinely appreciate that you posted it, but nothing in your post is argueable or enforceable if I end up sitting at the giant tablet desk in the Finance office and they shrug their shoulders. That guy knows if I don't pay it then the next guy will, plus $5000-7500 more.

Either, Ford will release the information in their own name, or, My dealer will inform me in writing, or, the day my car comes in I will wonder until I get the keys, or may not.

I prefer one of the first two, and am not motivated to hope the unofficial but informed and well meaning sources are correct. If/As that is the policy, Ford should say it officially.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Tell me if I get this right... I ordered the car, paid a grand down and got a copy of the complete order form showing all deposits, options and dollar amounts. The dealer said he only puts ADM on in stock units, not on orders. Now, eventually, the window sticker is issued by Ford and it shows ADM of whatever amount.

I go to dealer to question this. He either honors original order amount or he says "take it or leave it". If he says the latter I cancel order, he gets that car in stock and bumps price up to whatever the market will allow?
Yes.

The problem here is that when you "ordered" the car, you didn't really order anything. I know that's the wording on Ford's website, and you're in really good company in this belief, but what you did was generate a reservation for a vehicle and a configuration. The dealer then makes the actual order with Ford. Despite generating what looks like a fairly complete cost breakdown, Ford stands by the notion that the dealer sets the price, and any part of the business dealings is between you and your dealer. If you have it in writing from your dealer that no ADM will be added, then they're more likely to stand by that so as to avoid accusations (and potential legal action) threatening fraud. The best thing to do is to have your dealer generate a purchase agreement that you both sign, that lays out all of the costs - including their fees - and makes it clear what you'll be paying when you go to pick up the vehicle. However, they're not obligated to do that. If your dealer is like mine, they might refuse to do this until a VIN has been generated (vehicle is scheduled for production).

Basically, if you can get a purchase agreement, or a price agreement, then you're probably well-protected against any of these price adjustments, or sudden appearance of ADM changing from zero. If for nothing else, do it for peace of mind. Hopefully the dealer will let you.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Window stickers don't show ADM...

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I think everyone who cannot understand this simple concept should cancel their order. You probably will have difficulty operating the car if this is to complex to understand. ;)
I will happily take over an already scheduled order (especially Space White Premium AWD SR) over this insane confusion!

If you are willing to cancel over such a small price increase, which will more than likely get worked out when Ford gets their head out of their ass, you don’t really want the car.

The one thing I’m learning in this process is Ford is terrible at communication to the public and their dealers and is creating this system as they go. I had to tell my dealer how to accept the online order. I get double order confirmation emails months apart. It’s a mess.

If you are calling and yelling at your local dealer months before your car is even built over a pricing detail that no one has even paid yet you deserve to pay an extra annoyance fee.
Sponsored