Ordered mach e premium in florida want to make sure im not being over charged. Don't know much about buying a car.

Akiyawhittick

First Name
Ki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium
Country flag
Ordered a premium mach e here in Palm bch and I just want to make sure hes not running game on me. Is this correct?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered mach e premium in florida want to make sure im not being over charged. Don't know much about buying a car. 20210529_192938
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
$898 in dealer fees seems egregious to me. You may be able to argue that down.

It's been a very long time since I've titled a car in Florida. $450 sounds high? But that item is marked as a deposit, so I believe the dealer will be mailing you a refund of the difference due back to you once they register and determine the actual cost.

The rest looks fine for a Premium AWD standard range battery.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh and by the way, dealers around here add *thousands* to the cost for really cheap/dumb "Desert Protection Packages" with junk like nitrogen filled tires and alarm systems.... So the $898 is not so bad... Still, you should try to knock that down to $100 or so.

OP
OP

Akiyawhittick

First Name
Ki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium
Country flag
Oh and by the way, dealers around here add *thousands* to the cost for really cheap/dumb "Desert Protection Packages" with junk like nitrogen filled tires and alarm systems.... So the $898 is not so bad... Still, you should try to knock that down to $100 or so.
Thank you

marcem1818

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e premium
Country flag
Any tips, talking points, tactics, etc, for "knocking down" charges?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Any tips, talking points, tactics, etc, for "knocking down" charges?
My approach is to get email addresses for each prospective dealer. Then I tell them very specifically what my purchase requirements are (model, trim, options) and I ask them for their competitive offer, inclusive of all fees.

I also let them know that I'm approaching other dealers with the same request, and that I'll follow up once I've collected enough responses.

Then I follow up with the best offers and if all seems fair to me, I proceed.

If it turns out they were playing games with me, I move on and approach the second best option, and so on.
Sponsored