Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th)

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Your lordship. I just got this email from my dealer. After I wrote them this morning to ask. HOT OFF THE PRESS. This dealer is top shelf. I swear.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th) 20211029_115059
Good! Who knows if it expedites anything, but it's good to know.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Good! Who knows if it expedites anything, but it's good to know.
Yea, I never knew of that number before. Now I know. Thanks to all you guys teaching me stuff. This is a good site for learning. ?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I ordered at dealer on October 18th. Got this email maybe 20 minutes later while still at the dealership. I posted this before. But since, nothing else. Crickets.
I believe this means Ford accepted the order immediately, which is very unusual. Most dealerships do not have any extra allocation of MMEs, which means the dealer (and you) have to wait until Ford provides the dealer with allocation. When Ford accepts the order - that is the point when Ford starts working on the order. Before then you are simply waiting for Ford to allow your dealer to order the car.

If I were you, I would ask your dealer how much MME allocation they were given by Ford, and if your order is accepted by Ford, just to be sure you are really in the queue to be scheduled for production. Ford took over four months to accept the Premium MME I originally ordered in May.

If your order has been accepted by Ford, your next email will be to tell you the scheduled production week. It took one month for Ford to schedule mine (one month from the email that said they have accepted my order). So I expect you will get an email about your production week no later than the middle of November. But I bet it will be sooner because Ford seems to be moving faster now. At least until the next shortage hits.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I believe this means Ford accepted the order immediately, which is very unusual. Most dealerships do not have any extra allocation of MMEs, which means the dealer (and you) have to wait until Ford provides the dealer with allocation. When Ford accepts the order - that is the point when Ford starts working on the order. Before then you are simply waiting for Ford to allow your dealer to order the car.

If I were you, I would ask your dealer how much MME allocation they were given by Ford, and if your order is accepted by Ford, just to be sure you are really in the queue to be scheduled for production. Ford took over four months to accept the Premium MME I originally ordered in May.

If your order has been accepted by Ford, your next email will be to tell you the scheduled production week. It took one month for Ford to schedule mine (one month from the email that said they have accepted my order). So I expect you will get an email about your production week no later than the middle of November. But I bet it will be sooner because Ford seems to be moving faster now. At least until the next shortage hits.
Thanks for all that information. Sure, I will ask them about thier MME allotment. . This I do know, they had 4 about 2 weeks ago, not ordered for anyone. Just delivered there to sell. They were sold in 2 days. I just got that priority number question answered this morning. I am a 10. But like another fella said. Who knows if it means anything. Honestly, I never knew all this went into ordering a car. Its interesting.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Thanks for all that information. Sure, I will ask them about thier MME allotment. . This I do know, they had 4 about 2 weeks ago, not ordered for anyone. Just delivered there to sell. They were sold in 2 days. I just got that priority number question answered this morning. I am a 10. But like another fella said. Who knows if it means anything. Honestly, I never knew all this went into ordering a car. Its interesting.
I don't know if the priority means anything either. But if your order is accepted by Ford, it will be scheduled based on your model and options, as I am pretty sure they run similar models with similar options together.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Same exact thing for me. Though interestingly enough I never placed the order through the website , but rather at the dealer. Got the email, but have no idea what my order number is to check frantically to see when it gets scheduled for production
Same here October 30th ordered, via dealer, Confirmed, now the wait begins

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Same here October 30th ordered, via dealer, Confirmed, now the wait begins
actually just got another email yesterday saying scheduled production is Dec 20th

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
October 31st Ordered online and received an order # and it was a status of "order sent to dealer".. November 1st I spoke with the dealer, signed the paperwork remotely, and within minutes got the "your vehicle order has been updated" message, and the website now shows Accepted by Dealer.

The next circle says Scheduled for Production; I'm assuming that won't be changed until after the Super Bowl.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I talked to my dealer last night who comes highly recommended on here. He explained that for the way Ford is handling 2022 orders, there’s no difference in priority between 10-19. He laughed and said, “…but go tell the internet the dealer said your priority is 99 and watch them freak out.”

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Thanks for all that information. Sure, I will ask them about thier MME allotment. . This I do know, they had 4 about 2 weeks ago, not ordered for anyone. Just delivered there to sell. They were sold in 2 days.
Does anyone know a way to find out allotment without asking the dealer and hoping they will be truthful? I’ve talked to numerous friends who used to work for Ford or sold cars and they’ve all laughed and said most dealers will lie and say they have allotment because they want the car even if I cancel.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It seems the only constant is that dealerships do things differently. I ordered (GB Premium AWD-ER) on October 1 on the Ford website, but my dealer didn't confirm the order until October 19. I had ordered a MY21 back in April and they had confirmed the order within a day. Seems there is a bit of randomness in the system. I decided to let the MY21 go since it would not arrive until mid-November and I chose the Premium for some of the options. I expected that my 22 won't be built until April / May; but posts on this and other threads imply it may be sooner.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does anyone know a way to find out allotment without asking the dealer and hoping they will be truthful? I’ve talked to numerous friends who used to work for Ford or sold cars and they’ve all laughed and said most dealers will lie and say they have allotment because they want the car even if I cancel.
I have to apologise. I spoke to my dealer today. But re powdercoating my rims and brake calipers. But I forgot the allotment question. He did say sales were brisk on the Mach E. And they had 4 more coming in, 3 were ordered by folks. I go by this place every other day, snooping. MME's in differant colors.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It seems the only constant is that dealerships do things differently. I ordered (GB Premium AWD-ER) on October 1 on the Ford website, but my dealer didn't confirm the order until October 19. I had ordered a MY21 back in April and they had confirmed the order within a day. Seems there is a bit of randomness in the system. I decided to let the MY21 go since it would not arrive until mid-November and I chose the Premium for some of the options. I expected that my 22 won't be built until April / May; but posts on this and other threads imply it may be sooner.
I ordered same as you. 2022 GB premium, AWD, ER. With grey interior. I ordered on Oct 18th, within an hour, order dealer confirmed, and I found before in my spam mail that on the 18th I got the email from FORD confirming my order to. What does all this mean? I dont have a clue. Lol. Just posting about my experience so far. Best of luck to us. ?
Sponsored