Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I've got a 21 GT. I'm contemplating getting a 23 GTPE to get away from the bumpiness of the GT with the Magnaride and also to avoid the potential of my HVBJB dying on me. I think Magnaride is the biggest selling factor to upgrade from the GT to GTPE but with the new prices compared to what I paid for my 21 GT, I can't justify paying around $13K more than what I paid for my GT. And the IRA rules might prevent the tax credit this time around. Anyone else upgrading from a non-GTPE model to the GTPE with a 2023 model for a specific reason? If so, what helped you justify your purchase? :D
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Check your carā€™s value, Iā€™m super itā€™s also appreciated above what you paid which can help lessen the hit upgrading.

I must say, I upgraded from a Premium AWD extended to a GTPE due to the bounciness and donā€™t regret it at all. The seats also hug way better. I think my upgrade is a similar price difference, but I was able to get the double tax credits. Without them, I donā€™t know if Iā€™d have stomached it lol.

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
The offer I got was $62K. Plus the PPF cost I put into it, it makes it harder to upgrade now. With the threat of not getting the new tax credit, I think I have to stay where I am for now.

I may just keep what I have and pay it off or wait until generation 2 comes along. These cars have 4G LTE in them. Maybe gen 2 will have 5G since 4G will be antiquated at some point, vented seats, Magnaride at lower trims, and a Kona Blue option. One can wish.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
As someone that got the 21 GTPE as it was the only trim to offer magneride, the performance (or lack off) just being a bonus I still feel it was a hefty premium to pay for the feature. People are free to do what they want and pay what the feel comfortable with, with the original 21 x-plan price a $7500 tax credit and some other additional incentives it made it a easier pill to swallow over the price of the premium awd.

For the price the GTPE now commands it now has to deliver on the performance aspects it has been marketed on and it current form it falls short, not just on the 5 second power limitations, the steering is poor by performance ford standards, throw in the potential for a $0 tax credit and it is IMO vastly overpriced for what it is.

You would be better of just investing in some better after market dampers for your GT to see if it can help with the ride issues. The performance potential is certainly there so if Ford can fix all the issues in a later model refresh and produce a true performance BEV then the GTPE will certainly be worth a second look until then stick with your GT.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Sounds like a giant hassle, just to try to avoid two tiny hassles.

But if that's what you want to do, then good luck to you!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was open getting into a 2023 GT from my 2021 Premium SR AWD, but with the price increases and tax credit going away, it would be too much of a price difference.

My Mach-E stickered for $51,440, and I got about $13.5K back in state, federal, and Ford incentives, dropping the price to the high $30Ks before tax. It would be a too big of a difference for me to justify upgrading now.

8Urchvy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE - Carbonized Grey
Country flag
As someone that got the 21 GTPE as it was the only trim to offer magneride, the performance (or lack off) just being a bonus I still feel it was a hefty premium to pay for the feature. People are free to do what they want and pay what the feel comfortable with, with the original 21 x-plan price a $7500 tax credit and some other additional incentives it made it a easier pill to swallow over the price of the premium awd.

For the price the GTPE now commands it now has to deliver on the performance aspects it has been marketed on and it current form it falls short, not just on the 5 second power limitations, the steering is poor by performance ford standards, throw in the potential for a $0 tax credit and it is IMO vastly overpriced for what it is.

You would be better of just investing in some better after market dampers for your GT to see if it can help with the ride issues. The performance potential is certainly there so if Ford can fix all the issues in a later model refresh and produce a true performance BEV then the GTPE will certainly be worth a second look until then stick with your GT.
Your name is fitting Buzz ā€¦ buzzkill. šŸ˜
Sponsored