Ordering tomorrow - how long are they predicting to be built now?

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I really wanted to order the day the order banks opened back up a couple of weeks ago... but alas we had some family trips in the way. After finally test driving a used GT, I have made the decision to place my order for a new MME GT PE. Thinking about Vapor Blue instead of the Red. Anyway, I know they were 4 to 5 months out on the day the order banks opened. For any of you that just ordered this week, are they still predicting 4 to 5 months or have I lost a lot of ground waiting these 2 weeks? Also, I wonder if getting a GT Perf Edition will slow it down even more or (one could wish) speed up the build date. BTW, I should have known better not to wait as I waited more than a year for my Bronco. I ordered it a week after its order banks opened and it took me 6 months longer to get after the first deliveries. Learn the hard way.

TBH, I should know this already but for some reason my dealer isn't communicating very good today. Just found out my sales guy is out on Paternity leave and the manager filling in for him will not return my call so might be going to one of their competitors.
Sponsored

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
I ordered on Aug 29 through the dealership

Oct 31st is the predicted date of 23 production

Now Iā€™d assume all 22s will be #1 priority then once completed the new 23 orders will start

with what it states on the site for at leastPremium itā€™s 18-24 weeksā€¦ If ford were to take that to heart that would put the possibility of in driveway by Mid April

To be brutally honest Iā€™d expect more like May/June for a more realistic timeframe ā€ifā€ everything goes as planned

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

Now Iā€™d assume all 22s will be #1 priority then once completed the new 23 orders will start

with what it states on the site for at leastPremium itā€™s 18-24 weeksā€¦ If ford were to take that to heart that would put the possibility of in driveway by Mid April

To be brutally honest Iā€™d expect more like May/June for a more realistic timeframe ā€ifā€ everything goes as planned
šŸ˜ž

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

But thanks for being honest! Another wait awaits ....

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
But thanks for being honest! Another wait awaits ....
I mean some people are 9-10 months out, as I always hear itā€™s a lot to do with dealer allocation

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I mean some people are 9-10 months out, as I always hear itā€™s a lot to do with dealer allocation
Definitely allocation being a main driver. OP, if you have another dealer nearby that's equally or higher volume, I'd just order there. No point in waiting for someone to get back in the office if you're going to order (unless you REALLY like that dealer and don't mind waiting a few more weeks next summer).

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
GTPEs are quicker. Both my Premium AWD ERs took 10+ months.

My GTPE order was fulfilled in 5 months (but due to some parts hold it sat for 2 months) and ended up 8 months.

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you want one today.. there's a fully loaded Cyber Orange GTPE ($72K) that is arriving this weekend or next week in Orlando, Florida. There will be markup of $5K or $10K I suspect when I abandon it but I can make sure the dealer contacts you first.

It's time to admit I made a 4th order (lol) because my red GTPE was stuck in limbo.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I placed my order tonight. My dealer said they are fine with allocations and have only received 8 since it reopened. So I guess that isn't to bad. I bought my Bronco from them too and had a very positive experience so there is already a level of trust with them.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Definitely allocation being a main driver. OP, if you have another dealer nearby that's equally or higher volume, I'd just order there. No point in waiting for someone to get back in the office if you're going to order (unless you REALLY like that dealer and don't mind waiting a few more weeks next summer).
Yeah, I had someone text and then call me about 630PM... so yeah they came through. I guess a busy day. I was the 8th allocation since reopen which sounded promising.
Sponsored