Ordering, trying it, not liking it - what happens next?

sunshine-state

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Hi,

I have a reservation and planning on placing an order next week. Quick question though. What happens if by any chance I don’t like the vehicle. Am I stuck with it or do I have the option not to buy it from the Dealer?

Thank you,
Michael
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi,

I have a reservation and planning on placing an order next week. Quick question though. What happens if by any chance I don’t like the vehicle. Am I stuck with it or do I have the option not to buy it from the Dealer?

Thank you,
Michael
Nothing is set until you sign the final papers. That said, need to check with the dealer to see if the deposit is refundable or not.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Hi,

Thank you,
Michael
You don't have to buy it. The only thing that will vary dealer to dealer is whether your deposit will be refundable -- I'd confirm that it will be refundable before you place your order if that is a concern to you.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That is a question for your dealer.

In Michigan there are consumer protection laws and until I sign on the dotted line the dealer has the vehicle. I can walk away and they are stuck with it. So not only talk to your dealer but check your local laws.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is a question for your dealer.

In Michigan there are consumer protection laws and until I sign on the dotted line the dealer has the vehicle. I can walk away and they are stuck with it. So not only talk to your dealer but check your local laws.
But to be clear and not scare anyone, I don't know of any state in which placing an order now is a commitment to buy the car sight unseen. In fact, the Ford FAQ states:
"By submitting an order and completing the Order Process, you are not purchasing a vehicle."

OP
OP

sunshine-state

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
But to be clear and not scare anyone, I don't know of any state in which placing an order now is a commitment to buy the car sight unseen. In fact, the Ford FAQ states:
"By submitting an order and completing the Order Process, you are not purchasing a vehicle."
Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have a link to that FAQ by any chance?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have a link to that FAQ by any chance?
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/?gnav=header-all-vehicles

And in Section 7 you will see the following regarding whether the deposit is refundable or not:
"NOTE: Dealer Deposit refund policy may vary based on your selected Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you place your order."

Of course, saying that a deposit might be refundable would make no sense if in fact Ford took the position that an Order is a binding contract to purchase the MME.

Last edited:

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
If they really trying to mimmick Tesla’s no dealership online ordering policies then they would allow 4 days or x amount of miles if you did not test drive car first or you can refuse delivery. Like it was said it belongs to dealer until paperwork is signed if not signed it is still dealers vehicle. Always check with your dealer and see what their policies are and have in writing and if you do not like it just refuse and get deposit back if applicable
Sponsored