Original orderers backing out of their GTs?

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Since Friday, I’ve had 4 different Colorado dealers contact me because they’ve had GTs (both standard and performance edition) suddenly become available. 7different cars across the 4 different dealers. Lowest adm was $6000, highest was over $15,000.

I wonder why so many original orderers are deciding not to take delivery.

A GT is at the very top of my budget and I just can’t afford to pay adm on top, whether or not I think dealers “should” be charging it when the initial buyer backs out.

*I think. One dealer was very shady about how many they actually had available, but from piercing what they told me versus what was on their website, I think it was 2.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Personally for me if its a matter of paying ADM or waiting a bit longer, I'm going to continue to wait. I refuse to give greed any satisfaction

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably because the dealer added the ADM that was not originally there. Either that or they decided to get a Ford Lightning instead.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Personally for me if its a matter of paying ADM or waiting a bit longer, I'm going to continue to wait. I refuse to give greed any satisfaction
That would be my position - to wait. but wouldn't call it greed. If they get it, they get it and the buyer was willing. If they don't get it, then they wait and time is money in that biz like any other.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That would be my position - to wait. but wouldn't call it greed. If they get it, they get it and the buyer was willing. If they don't get it, then they wait and time is money in that biz like any other.
That's fair. I just feel its shady and long for days when you can trust your dealer to do right by you without being forced into it

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
right or wrong, I just can’t afford it! Lol

Also, I was in a minor accident a while back, and while my car is drivable, I’m ready to move on. So I’ve been calling around to see if a car becomes available that meets my needs and budget. I’m more impatient than I would normally be.

I wasn’t in the market for a vehicle when the first Mach-E’s started hitting lots - is this amount of customers changing their minds to be expected? 7 GTs in less than a week in a smaller market like the front range seems like a lot to me, though that’s my gut reaction more than an evidence based conclusion.

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I know I did. Had a GT regular on order that goes into production 11/15 that I cancelled on and ordered a 2022 Rt 1 instead. For me it was a few things, but the ability to get the same colors on all the Mach-E's was probably the biggest reason.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
right or wrong, I just can’t afford it! Lol

Also, I was in a minor accident a while back, and while my car is drivable, I’m ready to move on. So I’ve been calling around to see if a car becomes available that meets my needs and budget. I’m more impatient than I would normally be.

I wasn’t in the market for a vehicle when the first Mach-E’s started hitting lots - is this amount of customers changing their minds to be expected? 7 GTs in less than a week in a smaller market like the front range seems like a lot to me, though that’s my gut reaction more than an evidence based conclusion.
Because the deposit was refundable for most, it also didn’t take much to put in an order.

Some people have changed life circumstances, others found a different Mach-E sooner, others went with a different car.

I’d say few people test drove and rejected, though possible given that no one getting a GT custom ordered right now would have been able to drive one before placing their order.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I know I did. Had a GT regular on order that goes into production 11/15 that I cancelled on and ordered a 2022 Rt 1 instead. For me it was a few things, but the ability to get the same colors on all the Mach-E's was probably the biggest reason.
that’s a really good point. I’d forgotten about that. It’s a bummer that the GTs don’t have their own unique colors.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Since Friday, I’ve had 4 different Colorado dealers contact me because they’ve had GTs (both standard and performance edition) suddenly become available. 7different cars across the 4 different dealers. Lowest adm was $6000, highest was over $15,000.

A GT is at the very time of my budget and I just can’t afford to pay adm on top, whether or not I think dealers “should” be charging it when the initial buyer backs out.

*I think. One dealer was very shady about how many they actually had available, but from piercing what they told me versus what was on their website, I think it was 2.
Please name them. I cannot imagine that all these GT and GT PE buyers are backing out. I smell bullshit from the dealers.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Please name them. I cannot imagine that all these GT and GT PE buyers are backing out. I smell bullshit from the dealers.
I’m sure some of them were legit original orderers backing out for whatever reason! I just doubt all of them were. And with the info I have, I can’t tell which dealers are being honest and which aren’t.

I’m happy to name and shame Phil Long Ford Motor City in Colorado Springs though. They were the ones who couldn’t even give me a straight answer on what they had available, despite multiple sales people contacting me on a daily basis to “come on down for a test drive of one of our many Mach-E’s.” When I said I’m 2 hours away and don’t want to waste their time or mine test driving a car I wasn’t going to be able to afford or didn’t meet my needs, so please tell me what they actually had available, they would promise to get back to me right away, then crickets. Until the next day when a different person would repeat the same song and dance.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag

A GT is at the very time of my budget and I just can’t afford to pay adm on top, whether or not I think dealers “should” be charging it when the initial buyer backs out.

Not surprising as early on a lot of mach es had the buyers back out when the cars arrived.
Sponsored