Original orderers backing out of their GTs?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My dealer had me come in with an ID and sign off on the actual order before they would sumit it to Ford. I think in this case it was an AutoNation policy thing.
Yes.

I ordered online and paid my deposit, did nothing more. Dealer also knows me from my 2018 purchase. Also reserved a Lightning without anything else.
Sponsored

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
Try as I might my wife said “Be patient!”
Same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I've made peace with it, I will wait for a '22. Now if dealer 22s start showing up before my order then we might have to revisit the whole patience thing....

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Someone is buying them. Out of that initial 7 in my post, the salesperson for 3 has contacted me to let me know they’re gone. One sales guy said it sold in 10 minutes. I take everything car sales says with a big fat grain of salt, but still.
Yes, they are all gone. He sold them to another dealer who is now asking 15k ADM:D.

Last edited:

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
Been researching possible new car purchase for past 2 yrs hoping 2003 Lincoln Ls would get me to 2022,but it would not pass smog this last August w/o $$ repair,so started serious but casual search. Was looking @ ICE & EVs for spirited OG. Wife & I stopped by local (Alhambra)bad Ford dealership just to look. They had 1 MME premium marked up 3000. Above MSRP & no test drive. Liked it but not willing to pay adm.so drove 20 miles to Advantage Ford in Duarte where we had bought 3 past vehicle w/ good experience. Test drove red GT and liked very much so tried to order premium 4 gray w/ black roof and ER. Tried to put order in but was’nt going thru & soon realized was going to take 6mos to receive ev & could’nt wait so started web search for other dealers but all had above MSRP of 3-5000.00$. Day later Advantage salesman called and asked if interested in Select model AWD in space white on lot but w/ standard range & no mark up above MSRP. Drove nice,plenty of power and had all features & more that we wanted except for ER battery. Am now proud owner. Have solar on house,bought level 2 charger(Emporia,check it out)& w/ available public charging in CALIFORNIA should be OK for travel north & south.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Okay, so a new gtpe is available near me with no adm. my order is set to be built the week of the 22nd, dmg gtpe with panoramic roof and advanced camera setup. The one available now is grabber blue with metal roof and no advanced cameras. So it’s cheaper but less stuff.

Should I buy it or just wait?

Edited to add: if it had the panoramic roof and the cameras I already would have bought it.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Okay, so a new gtpe is available near me with no adm. my order is set to be built the week of the 22nd, dmg gtpe with panoramic roof and advanced camera setup. The one available now is grabber blue with metal roof and no advanced cameras. So it’s cheaper but less stuff.

Edited to add: if it had the panoramic roof and the cameras I already would have bought it.
Sounds like you know what you want. Might as well wait.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Sounds like you know what you want. Might as well wait.
Well, part of what i want is a car now so I can get the tax credit done and take advantage of my new solar install. I’m also concerned that something hinky might happen in transport.
Also, I like the idea of bluecruise but I have a mostly backroad commute and likely will never use it. I want the pano roof mostly for my kids, but is that really worth it? They might want the shade anyway.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Get the car you actually want with the options you want.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Well, I tried. But I’m buying the one available now because they are doing no markup, no add ons, gave me a screaming deal on the trade in.

With that, unless something crazy happens, there’s going to be a dmg gtpe available in Hillsboro, Oregon sometime early next year.
At the very least you have a few months to change your mind and trade in the blue one on the DMG.

Even if you buy the blue, I wouldnt take your name off the dmg
Sponsored