Original orderers backing out of their GTs?

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I personally think a lot of dealers are saying to the customer, "The Mach-E that you ordered has come in, but there has been a price adjustment of X amount of dollars, are you still interested in purchasing it?" People are walking away and voila they have them to sell with ADM.
Sponsored

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Someone is buying them. Out of that initial 7 in my post, the salesperson for 3 has contacted me to let me know they’re gone. One sales guy said it sold in 10 minutes. I take everything car sales says with a big fat grain of salt, but still.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Since Friday, I’ve had 4 different Colorado dealers contact me because they’ve had GTs (both standard and performance edition) suddenly become available. 7different cars across the 4 different dealers. Lowest adm was $6000, highest was over $15,000.

I wonder why so many original orderers are deciding not to take delivery.

A GT is at the very top of my budget and I just can’t afford to pay adm on top, whether or not I think dealers “should” be charging it when the initial buyer backs out.

*I think. One dealer was very shady about how many they actually had available, but from piercing what they told me versus what was on their website, I think it was 2.
I was able to find one in LA but they were asking $10,000 over MSRP. I offered $3,000 but they would not budge from $10,000. From what I have been seeing on this forum, there are not many people who would be willing to pay that much.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I'm lucky enough not to need a new vehicle right now, so I've stopped looking at dealers and am just waiting for my X-plan Rt.1 to be scheduled.

We spent a few months trying to decide if we wanted the Mustang instead of: 1) keeping what we have; 2) getting a VW ID.4; 3) waiting for an EV6; or 4) waiting for the F150.

In the end, we decided to go with the Mustang and are quite happy to wait for our order to make its way through the process. (I know that's not an option for everyone.)

I've had several dealers inform me they have Mustangs available for "only" $10k ADM or more, and I won't bother to answer them. I don't even want to interact with such greedy people when I have a choice.

dwee415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber blue Mach E GT non-performance
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I hope not. My GT will be here any day from their denver store.
I think if it's your own online order, you should be fine. Any markup would show up on your Ford status page under "Difference from MSRP."

Mystic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None because I hate dealers
Country flag
Since Friday, I’ve had 4 different Colorado dealers contact me because they’ve had GTs (both standard and performance edition) suddenly become available. 7different cars across the 4 different dealers. Lowest adm was $6000, highest was over $15,000.

I wonder why so many original orderers are deciding not to take delivery.

A GT is at the very top of my budget and I just can’t afford to pay adm on top, whether or not I think dealers “should” be charging it when the initial buyer backs out.

*I think. One dealer was very shady about how many they actually had available, but from piercing what they told me versus what was on their website, I think it was 2.
Name the dealers so we can leave reviews.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Name the dealers so we can leave reviews.
While I’m sure that some of them weren’t actually cancelled customer orders, I don’t have a telling which are and which aren’t. I did name the one dealer that has been a pain to deal with. They’re also the one with the highest ADM.
Sponsored