Original orderers backing out of their GTs?

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was told by my salesman that a family member of the owner had ordered a GT and changed her mind when it arrived, and that it happens a lot. Sure it does, anytime there is a popular model coming down the line.

Yes, they added $10k to the asking price..

What upsets me is that they are taking production spots away from customers who actually want the car so I have to continue waiting.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Because the deposit was refundable for most, it also didnā€™t take much to put in an order.

Some people have changed life circumstances, others found a different Mach-E sooner, others went with a different car.

Iā€™d say few people test drove and rejected, though possible given that no one getting a GT custom ordered right now would have been able to drive one before placing their order.
This^^

When I ordered my GTPE, they didnā€™t even require a deposit. Said when it got here I test drive and decide. If I didnā€™t want it, theyā€™d sell it to someone else for more money.

Ford also started requiring copies of drivers licenses with all orders. I think some shady dealers early on where doing fake orders to get inventory to sell with ADM.

Some probably got friends or family to ā€œorderā€ a GT and refuse delivery.

But lots can happen in 6 months with a zero commitment order. Sure some may have test driven and refused for whatever reason, but I donā€™t see it as a red flag.

I certainly didnā€™t buy every car I test drove. I did buy the GTPE!

MachEmaybe

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JLUR
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
thatā€™s a really good point. Iā€™d forgotten about that. Itā€™s a bummer that the GTs donā€™t have their own unique colors.
yeah, I didnā€™t cancel for this reason but changed my order to a premium because grabber blue in now available in that trim.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I hope not. My GT will be here any day from their denver store.
Our cars were likely on the same train from Sunny Old Mexico. Waiting for mine at AutoNation Ford on Broadway. Have they given you a date or provided you with a VVR recently? My sales guy is on vacation, so will learn more on Monday.

Keep your fingers crossed. My tires from TireRack are now showing not available and they are going to call me with an update. My replacement phone has been sitting in UPS hell in Incheon Korea for 4 days due to a "mechanical issue" with the plane. I thought that UPS had more than 1 plane. Must be one hell of a mechanical issue. Amazon delivered my delivery to someone else last evening.

Oh, and my shitty utility is out of new netmeters, so my solar panels are as useful as a priest's balls right now. I'm almost afraid to go shoot fall colorful leaves pictures as the camera is fairly new!

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
This^^

When I ordered my GTPE, they didnā€™t even require a deposit. Said when it got here I test drive and decide. If I didnā€™t want it, theyā€™d sell it to someone else for more money.

Ford also started requiring copies of drivers licenses with all orders. I think some shady dealers early on where doing fake orders to get inventory to sell with ADM.

Some probably got friends or family to ā€œorderā€ a GT and refuse delivery.

But lots can happen in 6 months with a zero commitment order. Sure some may have test driven and refused for whatever reason, but I donā€™t see it as a red flag.

I certainly didnā€™t buy every car I test drove. I did buy the GTPE!
My dealer had me come in with an ID and sign off on the actual order before they would sumit it to Ford. I think in this case it was an AutoNation policy thing.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Our cars were likely on the same train from Sunny Old Mexico. Waiting for mine at AutoNation Ford on Broadway. Have they given you a date or provided you with a VVR recently? My sales guy is on vacation, so will learn more on Monday.

Keep your fingers crossed. My tires from TireRack are now showing not available and they are going to call me with an update. My replacement phone has been sitting in UPS hell in Incheon Korea for 4 days due to a "mechanical issue" with the plane. I thought that UPS had more than 1 plane. Must be one hell of a mechanical issue. Amazon delivered my delivery to someone else last evening.

Oh, and my shitty utility is out of new netmeters, so my solar panels are as useful as a priest's balls right now. I'm almost afraid to go shoot fall colorful leaves pictures as the camera is fairly new!
My dealer has been useless when trying to get updates. Pallsapp showed mine loaded on to new train on Oct 14th. I could walk much faster between Kansas city and Denver.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
There are two Ford dealers within 15 miles of my house, one is 3 miles away. I specifically ordered mine from the farther dealer because the closer one had $10k ADM. If I get a call that my order has arrived, and find that the total is higher than the invoice I signed, I will calmly stand up and walk out the door. If I lose my deposit, well that is better than getting ripped off on ADM.

I have reached a point in my life where I know what I need, and what I want. There is nothing on the "I want" list that is worth paying a premium or trying to get faster.
I 100% agree. I did manage to get my dealer to agree in writing to X-plan, so there's no ADM, before I ordered.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There are also situations like mine. I bought a cancelled FE, told the dealer I probably wouldn't take my GT order, so they immediately started looking for a buyer even before it came in. Then when it did come in I decided to take it anyway. The dealer wasn't happy at first. I'm sure they had a nice ADM on it. I didn't expect to be able to get to trade it in, but it worked out. The dealer even tried to really lowball my trade at first until I came in with the other offers on it.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
According to my dealer, when my car showed up, people wanted to buy it and were willing to pay 15K over. Happy to have gotten our car at sticker + the instant $1500 rebate sweetened the deal.

Danno

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 4WD Ext - Carbonized Grey
Occupation
RADAR Tech
Country flag
I had an MME AWD extended range on order and I found one at a dealer that the original person no longer wanted. I had to pay $4000 over MSRP but they thru in LoJack and ceramic coating so I didn't feel like they took too much advantage of me. It is the car I wanted but different color but I love the car and didn't want to wait 6 months...

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I had an MME AWD extended range on order and I found one at a dealer that the original person no longer wanted. I had to pay $4000 over MSRP but they thru in LoJack and ceramic coating so I didn't feel like they took too much advantage of me. It is the car I wanted but different color but I love the car and didn't want to wait 6 months...
There are places around here that want to charge adms on orders and I laughed and told them I would consider an adm if they have what I want right now. None did.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing but good vibes from Walnut Creek Ford. Northern Ca. Not only did they call me when a GTPE was not bought, gave me a solid sticker price, and a discount on the ceramic coating (which looks beautiful) , otherwise it would have been 3 more months wait for the GT we ordered.

they could have easily waited for a ā€œhighest bidderā€™ but they donā€™t believe in adm.. kudos to them! It had 11 miles on it. ? been waiting since early July, and will have to cancel my Premium x. So thatā€™s how this happens! Keep looking gang!

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Nothing but good vibes from Walnut Creek Ford. Northern Ca. Not only did they call me when a GTPE was not bought, gave me a solid sticker price, and a discount on the ceramic coating (which looks beautiful) , otherwise it would have been 3 more months wait for the GT we ordered.

they could have easily waited for a ā€œhighest bidderā€™ but they donā€™t believe in adm.. kudos to them! It had 11 miles on it. ? been waiting since early July, and will have to cancel my Premium x. So thatā€™s how this happens! Keep looking gang!
Awesome! What a great experience. Thanks for sharing.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Almost talked my wife into picking up a Star White GTPE this weekend, 2 hours away from home at Auburn Ford. Initially they had it listed for $5k ADM, when I contacted the owner said she had raised it to $10k but would honor the $5k for me. We have this exact model on order but still no build date. Try as I might my wife said ā€œBe patient!ā€ So instead of having a new GTPE in the garage right now we are still stuck with our ancient Flex. Would love to find one before New Years with no ADM.
Sponsored