Original orderers backing out of their GTs?

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
There are also the people that have down payments on every EV out there and whichever one shows up first they take. Also, if they got into an accident and needed a car, they may have bought something else as couldn't wait.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I feel like some GT orders are not completing due to the perceived lack of performance. No one likes getting driven around on the big end.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
No offense to anyone who chose Grabber Blue or Cyber Orange... But if you look at the national inventory which is about 80ish GTs, a good 1/3 of them are those two colors. So it might also be that some people ordered those colors thinking they would like it, but ultimately didn't.

I backed out of my original order, but it's because I found the exact same thing I ordered available for MSRP elsewhere. So mine, which has a 6x revised prod date of November, will also be on a local lot soon. I think there's a variety of reasons, but not sure anyone can pin down one specific.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
No offense to anyone who chose Grabber Blue or Cyber Orange... But if you look at the national inventory which is about 80ish GTs a good 1/3 of them are those two colors. So it might also be that some people ordered those colors thinking they would like it, but ultimately didn't.
The premium 22 I have in order is grabber blue. I have seen it irl and love the color but I can see how it wouldnā€™t be everyoneā€™s cup of tea.

Just as a non-statistically significant data point, only one of the 7 was grabber blue. The rest were red, black and white (I donā€™t know which white. The sales person didnā€™t say in his voicemail and since I knew I wasnā€™t going to pursue, I didnā€™t ask.)

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Iā€™m sure some of them were legit original orderers backing out for whatever reason! I just doubt all of them were. And with the info I have, I canā€™t tell which dealers are being honest and which arenā€™t.

Iā€™m happy to name and shame Phil Long Ford Motor City in Colorado Springs though. They were the ones who couldnā€™t even give me a straight answer on what they had available, despite multiple sales people contacting me on a daily basis to ā€œcome on down for a test drive of one of our many Mach-Eā€™s.ā€ When I said Iā€™m 2 hours away and donā€™t want to waste their time or mine test driving a car I wasnā€™t going to be able to afford or didnā€™t meet my needs, so please tell me what they actually had available, they would promise to get back to me right away, then crickets. Until the next day when a different person would repeat the same song and dance.
Phil Long Ford of Denver refused to help me convert my reservation into an order. I left that one and started a new order with AutoNation Ford of Littleton. They have 7 MME's listed on their web site, including a GT and a GT PE (which is mine) and all are flagged as pending sale. I hope that they weren't one of the ones calling and asking ADM. Grrrr

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I have a Cyber Orange on order (2022 with no production date yet). I drove 6 hours round-trip to VA yesterday because a dealer had two GT PE and I wanted to test drive one (just to make sure it was worth upgrading my FE). Both had a $10,000 ADM. The only way I was going to buy a 2021 model (rather than wait) was sticker price.

They said that they bought them from another dealer so they would have some on the lot (I don't know whether I believe them or not but they seemed like nice enough people). They came down to $78,000 and offered me $53K for mine (10,500 miles). Vroom offered me $52 and change the night before online - so good to know. Basically breaking even after the tax rebate.

Needless to say my online order is still intact. But it didn't occur to me that they could have bought it from a different dealer and that could account for "some" of the mark-up. The dealer told me they "had" $78K in the car.

He also tried to do some funny math by taking off the $7,500 tax credit and showing the $7,500 tax credit I got on the FE and showing that we were basically only $10K apart. LOL.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Phil Long Ford of Denver refused to help me convert my reservation into an order. I left that one and started a new order with AutoNation Ford of Littleton. They have 7 MME's listed on their web site, including a GT and a GT PE (which is mine) and all are flagged as pending sale. I hope that they weren't one of the ones calling and asking ADM. Grrrr
I found on the official Ford websites that a lot of the vehicles listed were on order and when I called them they told me that although they are on the website, they are spoken for.

I spent, probably, 40 hours searching for an MME over a month ago so I've seen it all. You don't have anything to worry about, your order is your order and they can't sell it to anyone unless you cancel.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
I am releasing mine because i have no idea when it will arrive and i decided to get a '22 instead.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I know I did. Had a GT regular on order that goes into production 11/15 that I cancelled on and ordered a 2022 Rt 1 instead. For me it was a few things, but the ability to get the same colors on all the Mach-E's was probably the biggest reason.
Just a heads up, you need to update the "Vehicles" section of your info, it still says you have a GT on order

Bryan_GTPE

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 302A in Silver - Current
Country flag
I smell dealers who did orders in either a spouseā€™s name or salesperson name or something potentially Shady to get cars. They took a bet that maybe the market would continue its odd behavior and they could make a few bucks selling an in demand model. I personally think that is Shady AF, but if they can get it, they will continue to do it. Iā€™m hopeful my dealer wonā€™t try anything, I have official confirmation Iā€™m scheduled for week of 11/29 for my GTPE and I plan to take possession as fast as they will let me once it comes off the truck.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Phil Long is the worst I have ever tried to work with. Avoid them at all cost!

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
He also tried to do some funny math by taking off the $7,500 tax credit and showing the $7,500 tax credit I got on the FE and showing that we were basically only $10K apart. LOL.
Only ?

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I just got a text from one of the dealers saying they suddenly had a Premium become available. They wanted $10,000 adm.

dwee415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber blue Mach E GT non-performance
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
FYI. Something I learned from this forum is the window sticker will be green if it's a customer order and blue if it's a dealer order. The most ADM I've seen was $20,128 above MSRP.
Sponsored