Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
I ordered a premium, AWD, extended battery in may and have quickly realized I might not see anything show up for close to a year… so I’ve started constantly checking stock in the area, and I saw one come in that someone had ordered in august 2020, but must have cancelled their order. My question is, were premiums originally AWD only? This shows it has 5600 worth of options but based on the new options, that would mean it’s RWD extended…. But it says AWD and the base msrp is higher.

the dealers have such little knowledge about these cars that I don’t trust them to tell me the truth and I’m likely going to have to make a decision if I want this tomorrow morning. I fear I’ll end up with a car worse than I ordered despite the specs stating otherwise
Sponsored

duneii

First Name
Siri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in '18, Mach E LR AWD-order
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
There are only two differences with Premium orders placed now as opposed to at the beginning of order submission last summer.

(1) Base price is $600 higher because BlueCruise is now standard. Before, it was not included as an option at all and once it becomes available, people with early builds will have to purchase it for $600.

(2) The front license plate bracket is now optional whereas all early builds had it included.

No other changes except the deletion of Infinite Blue and Carbonized Grey, and addition of Dark Matter Grey for a change in the color options.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
When will the models change to 2022's ?

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
There are only two differences with Premium orders placed now as opposed to at the beginning of order submission last summer.

(1) Base price is $600 higher because BlueCruise is now standard. Before, it was not included as an option at all and once it becomes available, people with early builds will have to purchase it for $600.

(2) The front license plate bracket is now optional whereas all early builds had it included.

No other changes except the deletion of Infinite Blue and Carbonized Grey, and addition of Dark Matter Grey for a change in the color options.
interesting. So I guess it’s just someone entering the info in wrong as far as itemizing pricing.

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
This sounds right for where AWD is included in the base price. I saw many like that too. To be sure, you should get the VIN, put in the VIN tracker to here, and get the sticker for the car which lists out everything. Near the top, it should say AWD and the $5000 or so option for extended battery.

Make sure dealer doesn't try to charge extra above MSRP!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/?-track-your-mach-e-order-by-vin-and-order.2062/
So far it’s been 50/50. Half are charging 10k over msrp the other is at msrp

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Star white tri coat, 56,400
That's correct.

$47000 base price + $2700 AWD + $5000 Ext. Range + $600 Star White + $1100 D&D

For whatever reason, the AWD is added to the base price on the window stickers.

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
That's correct.

$47000 base price + $2700 AWD + $5000 Ext. Range + $600 Star White + $1100 D&D

For whatever reason, the AWD is added to the base price on the window stickers.
Yup, you’re last point is what is throwing me off because my confirmation page for my order I made does not do that.

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
I contacted the dealer this morning and this is going to be quite interesting. Apparently the buyer has not cancelled his order, but they are having trouble contacting the guy and have apparently been trying to do so for several weeks. Basically, if he guy never gets back to them, it's mine it sounds like.

I'm not sure how this will work though. He paid a deposit, so I'm not sure if he has any obligation to pick it up by a certain time before he loses it. Very strange situation. Who orders a car then just forgets about it?

Reactions: ARK

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
I contacted the dealer this morning and this is going to be quite interesting. Apparently the buyer has not cancelled his order, but they are having trouble contacting the guy and have apparently been trying to do so for several weeks. Basically, if he guy never gets back to them, it's mine it sounds like.

I'm not sure how this will work though. He paid a deposit, so I'm not sure if he has any obligation to pick it up by a certain time before he loses it. Very strange situation. Who orders a car then just forgets about it?
Well hopefully the guy didn't pass away or is in prison. But I think once the car is ready for you their is no need for the dealership to wait since they can't get ahold of him for weeks. They simply will refund the $500 to the guy's CC
Sponsored